MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    5.gif

hi guys

sent my boys off for the weekend and I am bored to death now!!! What is there for a married woman who is alone to do in this town?
    That WON'T get me in trouble?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had to do it! This version has 2 slices of bacon in each one. One piece on each side. AAR to follow!:D

IMG_1371.jpg

Ok. Where's the AAR?? I was going to do this last night until I found out we have no bacon. Also, did you cook the bacon first, then put it in the batter?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    AAR: Bacon Pancakes

Thick sliced bacon (from Sam's Club) cooked to chewy consistency before adding batter.

My Mom's from scratch pancake recipe. No just add water stuff here.

On the same griddle bacon was cooked on, drain excess grease but do not remove all of it. Lay down a piece of bacon and pour batter over and about a 1/2 inch to an inch all around it.
    When it looks like this:

IMG_1370.jpg

Add another piece of bacon on top. Cook to desired brownness on both sides.

Butter and syrup as desired. Start enjoying a little bit of Heaven!

I can't eat like I used to so two of these (with extra bacon on the side, of course) were more than enough to still have me feeling full hours later. I have to say they were wonderful. I still recommend having extra bacon on the side because even with two pieces in each one, the full flavor of the bacon was slightly muted by the pancake and syrup. Eating them alone would have left me still craving more bacon flavor. However, the bacon/pancake flavor combination is not something to take lightly. It is exquisite. It is also very easy to accomplish because it uses ingredients likely to already be available. We made no modifications to the normal preparation of the bacon or pancake batter. I considered it because this illustration:
    ilovebacon.jpg

appears to be using pancake batter that is much thinner than ours. Ours worked just fine as is. I highly recommend this for use as a common breakfast staple.

My wife just asked me if I wanted her to make me a sandwich. I had to say no because I still feel full.:yesway:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    How old are you MrsGunho?

WTF is wrong with you?!?!?!?! since you work in the medical field I would assume you're an intelligent person..so surely you know its NEVER wise to ask a woman her age..ever..under any circumstance!:D

If you must know..she is 23 years of age:dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    YAY!!!!!!!!!

We're FINALLY done cleaning!!!!

THE DOWNSTAIRS! :xmad:

I did the stairs, half the walls, and moved all the furniture while my neighbor used his carpet cleaner on the downstairs. All clothes are washed. Wife cleaned the van out and sprayed it down. Kids and us are lice free for the second day in a row.

I just want this crap to be over.

Oh, I was watching Burn Notice the other night and I seen this Commercial and I started laughing so hard (2am) I woke up my son cause he thought daddy was hurt! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFgiUm4lQig]YouTube - R. Lee Ermey Geico Commerical[/ame]

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    LICE SUCK!!!! we've been lucky that we havent had to deal with em with our daughter yet. but I remember gettin em when I was a youngun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom