Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    What's up??
    Today I fixed the trunk release assist on the 89 Camaro.
    I mowed the grass.
    I got ahold of a mechanic with a scanner and found the problem with the 96 Truck.
    Put some gas in the truck.
    Killed some zombies with the young'un.
    And last but not least, hung out with sclark.

sounds like a fun filled day!
    what was wrong with the trunk release assist?
    I was driving down the highway the other day and my trunk popped open for no reason..then the other morning I was on my way to work and it popped open again:dunno:

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I had tonsil surgery when I was 16..maybe 17,all went well the first day or so then one morning I woke up and my pillow was covered in blood and my face was swolen..I also had some sort of sinus surgery as well..I dont even remember what all that involved other than they had to re-break my nose..a few years before that I broke my nose when I fell from a tree and something didnt set correctly:dunno: they decided to fix it when I went in for my tonsils. I remember being in tons of pain...and I remember not being able to eat a dern thing! I also remember how happy I was when I finally got to eat a big mac :):
    I had sinus surgery too and they had to re break my nose. That really sucked. I had orignally broke my nose in a sledding accident when I was 10yr old. Flipped sled from running into another sledder,flew up,in the air and head first into ice. My face and nose was slayed. Had the surgery when I was 23, went 13 year with horribly sinus problems and pretty much just slits for nostril holes. All I remember is had bad it sucked. Oh and when they removed the packing, I almost puked and felt like I was going to pass out. My nose was in such bad shape that after they re-broke it the bone was so brittle that they could not use it so they had to put plastic back in its place. And they gave me nostril holes and I can breathe now so all is good.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I had sinus surgery too and they had to re break my nose. That really sucked. I had orignally broke my nose in a sledding accident when I was 10yr old. Flipped sled from running into another sledder,flew up,in the air and head first into ice. My face and nose was slayed. Had the surgery when I was 23, went 13 year with horribly sinus problems and pretty much just slits for nostril holes. All I remember is had bad it sucked. Oh and when they removed the packing, I almost puked and felt like I was going to pass out. My nose was in such bad shape that after they re-broke it the bone was so brittle that they could not use it so they had to put plastic back in its place. And they gave me nostril holes and I can breathe now so all is good.

Glad someone else knows how much it sucks!:dunno::D
    I still have bad sinus problems..it effects both my breathing and speech{I always sound like Im talking out of my nose:dunno:}

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    POC thanks for not sharing that with me BEFORE I had mine done. I was just told that adults take longer to heal than children. All I can say is it is very painful and I wish I was able to eat a Big Mac already!!

add sinus surgery and breaking noses too... no thanks

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    sounds like a fun filled day!
    what was wrong with the trunk release assist?
    I was driving down the highway the other day and my trunk popped open for no reason..then the other morning I was on my way to work and it popped open again:dunno:
    It was broken...The plastic housing around the gears and motor broke in two and wouldn't let the gears engage to shut the deck lid. It was funny when it broke cause the trunk assist motor would not stop running,it just kept going and going until you unhooked the battery. And my deck lid would no longer shut. I can laugh about this now but yesterday was different story, Me and Jim were both like FML. Still not funny that it cost a hundred dollars to fix it :xmad:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    It was broken...The plastic housing around the gears and motor broke in two and wouldn't let the gears engage to shut the deck lid. It was funny when it broke cause the trunk assist motor would not stop running,it just kept going and going until you unhooked the battery. And my deck lid would no longer shut. I can laugh about this now but yesterday was different story, Me and Jim were both like FML. Still not funny that it cost a hundred dollars to fix it :xmad:

nothing on a vehicle is cheap to fix:noway: I've got to clean and adjust..or replace my rear breaks soon{drums} I am not looking forward to that! I also need to flush my cooling system:noway: Im sick of vehicles!

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    nothing on a vehicle is cheap to fix:noway: I've got to clean and adjust..or replace my rear breaks soon{drums} I am not looking forward to that! I also need to flush my cooling system:noway: Im sick of vehicles!
    I get sick of them too at times, but I have so many that the chances of something going wrong or needed to be replaced are pretty good.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Jim says you should bring your car over today and he would help you. We don't have much going on.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Jim says you should bring your car over today and he would help you. We don't have much going on.

appreciate the offer! but I still need to buy parts and what not..I've been putting it off as much as possible:rolleyes:
    If yall dont have anything going on we should go shoot our .22s this morning:D
    I dont have any plans until about 2 this evening.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    appreciate the offer! but I still need to buy parts and what not..I've been putting it off as much as possible:rolleyes:
    If yall dont have anything going on we should go shoot our .22s this morning:D
    I dont have any plans until about 2 this evening.
    We are going to get the Chevelle out for a bit, but if we don't drive to long we will call you.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I think we all know what Doug is doing right now.:):

I haven't drank liquor in a very long time...head hurts, the rest of me feels fine. :D

OH, and I'm the one with my mind in the gutter?:rolleyes:

you all have the mind in the gutter syndrome

I'd kinda like to have one with a clip holder too.

OMG - POC, really.....a clip. Dude, after the time you've spent here you haven't gotten it down yet.

Mag holder? :D
    :+1+

<<<<Bored!:rolleyes:
    not meeeeeee :pimp:
    For you Joe!!
    babyinstructions18.jpg

^^^^ that's funny

YAY!!!!!!!!!

We're FINALLY done cleaning!!!!

THE DOWNSTAIRS! :xmad:

I did the stairs, half the walls, and moved all the furniture while my neighbor used his carpet cleaner on the downstairs. All clothes are washed. Wife cleaned the van out and sprayed it down. Kids and us are lice free for the second day in a row.

I just want this crap to be over.

Oh, I was watching Burn Notice the other night and I seen this Commercial and I started laughing so hard (2am) I woke up my son cause he thought daddy was hurt! :D

YouTube - R. Lee Ermey Geico Commerical
    Dupe ^^^ I made a thread just for this commercial, geesh

Anyone wanna come over for a swim tomorrow? :dunno:

I would like to, but I haven't been released from my husbandly duties :pimp:

Happy Fourth of July to all you PW's, It was a good day!! watched fire works out on the boat had a cook out with all the kids and grand kids, Great day!! Hope everyone else had a great one as well!!:D

Thanks Gary...I hope you have a nice day today too. Be careful out there on the pontoon.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!:patriot:

The wife likes my new 10/22, so it is a happy Independence Day

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Glad someone else knows how much it sucks!:dunno::D
    I still have bad sinus problems..it effects both my breathing and speech{I always sound like Im talking out of my nose:dunno:}

Know all about that, I'll join the club with both of ya!

Got sinus problems also, stems from going to sleep when I was 12 in really cold air conditioned room with wet hair after being in the guitar shaped pool in Nashville TN, about a week after we got home my dad had to rush me to the hospital with a sinus migraine so bad that I had a compression wrap around my head. They vacuumed some of the nastiest green and black crap out of my head that I had ever seen.

For almost 8 months of the year I have a hard time smelling things and have some sinus drainage problems that really cause me problems during late Dec to early Feb when it gets brutally cold. Coupled with that and being a 3 month preemie with respiratory problems I really have fun during the winter months, especially since I work outside.:n00b:

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    POC thanks for not sharing that with me BEFORE I had mine done. I was just told that adults take longer to heal than children. All I can say is it is very painful and I wish I was able to eat a Big Mac already!!

add sinus surgery and breaking noses too... no thanks

I waited on purpose. :)

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I agree!
    I keep telling my wife I'm going to get an OLD vehicle for us, something I can work on.
    I have a 1957 International truck. I can fix anything on it. (Well, some of it requires some help from the old neighbor guy...) but you know what I mean. A socket set and some screw drivers and I'm pretty much good to go. There is just the problem of reliability...
    I actually looked at an old Travelall on the 'net and though about getting it a few years ago. I think it was even 4x4, and PLENTY of room inside! It was in Montana or Idaho or somewhere WAY away from here....
    I don't even know if I can change the oil on this Lexus. :dunno:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    For the past few months I've been researching digi cams and finally pulled the trigger on one today:rockwoot:
    I wanted an inexpensive 10+ mp camera with an SLR feel:dunno:
    so I decided on the Fuji Finepix S1800..I know alot of folks in the camera world dont care much for fujifilms but I've always had great luck with all that I have owned so I looked at that brand.
    all the reveiws I have read say the S1800 is a great entry level camera so hopefully I didnt fudge up:dunno:
    Fujifilm FinePix S1800 12 MP Digital Camera with 18x Wide Angle Optical Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 3-Inch LCD: Digital-Cameras-Photo.com

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well spent about 2 hours yesterday making sure the new 10/22 was good to go and sighted in at 50 yards, also got the Hi-point zero'd in at 50 also with the red dot.

Also for grins and giggles I checked out two new mags (for my Taurus 809) for function and reliability by throwing 2 full loads through them (really didn't want to through H&K's training with only 2). So I'm proud to say after 68 rounds through the Taurus, 30 in the Hi-Point and about a 100 in the 10/22, it looks like the shoulder will hold up to the task because I woke up to no pain, even though it was a little tender last night.

While as great as that was, sadly Computergeek will not be attending the PW meet. He crashed and burned coming down the stairs at his house and will be requiring surgery to repair his ankle. :stretcher::n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom