Someone say Pickles?

picture.php

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I got on here lastnight and started wading through the 6-7 pages of old posts, then my wife started having pain in her chest. Since she has a pulmonary disease, I got right off here and started reassuring her that she was ok.
    She cried and thought she was dying. She even wrote a little note to me and our daughter about how she loved us and would miss us. It was really sad actually.
    I went and got our daughter from her bed, and put her in between us, and we finally went to sleep sometime around 5am or so. She got up the morning and left me asleep and took our daughter to swimming lessons and just got home a little bit ago. I need to go check on her, but I think she's doing fine. she's posting on facebook I think.
    Chronic illnesses are the worst, you feel bad all the time, slowly getting worse, until you die. It really sucks. And I see people at work all the time that are in the end stages of diseases. Sometimes I'm the last person they see before they die. It just kills me. I also see 20-30-somethings that come into the ER for every little dam thing that makes them go "ouchy". And they want narcs for the "pain".
    Lastnight was "old home night" or "family reunion" as we call it. Almost every patient that came to the ER, we all know. Like they are there at least once a week, if not more. Don't have to ask them questions, cause we have their medical history memorized. And they aren't paying for it, oh no, they are on the States dime, or have no insurance, and won't ever pay a cent.
    Can I be done now?
    Ok, I'm going to see my wife.....

I'm really sorry about your wife, POC. That has got to be rough.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    FINALLY found that sucker and got the radiator cleaned out. It was hidden under one of the air filter tubes facing the tire, not the engine.

On the bright side, I can idle as long as I want again without having to worry about my car over heating and my A/C is freezing cold again.:D

Edit: wow, just read your post POC, I hope everything is OK.

And F those leeches that go to the ER every chance they get because they know they won't be paying for it.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Edit: wow, just read your post POC, I hope everything is OK.

And F those leeches that go to the ER every chance they get because they know they won't be paying for it.

Thanks guys. Sometimes I just have to vent about this stuff.

And yes, I wish I could say, "You're here for what? Get the hell out!"

I am the triage nurse, I am the first one that sees the patients when they come in and decide where they need to go and what we need to start doing. I am the gatekeeper, so to speak. Don't **** me off. (Not that I am that shallow as to with-hold care from someone just for the sake of it.) But then again, if this is the 4th time this month you've been here for a toothache, your teeth are rotting out of your head and you haven't been to see a dentist, frankly, I'm tired of you. Go see the dentist, goto your family doctor, go to the clinic in Louisville that will pull your teeth for free. I don't care, just get out of my face!!!!!! :ar15:

Ok, gotta run to town....

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    got the laundry started..gave the hedgehog a bath and trimmed his nails.
    poor lil feller,I think hes going blind,his eyes are starting to get hazy but he seems to be in good health other than that..he's active and eats well,I think he is just getting old:dunno: gonna have to go get him some treats tomorrow{meal worms}

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Thanks guys. Sometimes I just have to vent about this stuff.

And yes, I wish I could say, "You're here for what? Get the hell out!"

I am the triage nurse, I am the first one that sees the patients when they come in and decide where they need to go and what we need to start doing. I am the gatekeeper, so to speak. Don't **** me off. (Not that I am that shallow as to with-hold care from someone just for the sake of it.) But then again, if this is the 4th time this month you've been here for a toothache, your teeth are rotting out of your head and you haven't been to see a dentist, frankly, I'm tired of you. Go see the dentist, goto your family doctor, go to the clinic in Louisville that will pull your teeth for free. I don't care, just get out of my face!!!!!! :ar15:

Ok, gotta run to town....

My triage nurse once sent me back a "right sided paralysis"

Stupid nurse couldn't even recognize a stroke. Triage nurse and charge nurse can make you have a real bad day if they don't make those decisions right.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    poor lil feller,I think hes going blind,his eyes are starting to get hazy but he seems to be in good health other than that..he's active and eats well,I think he is just getting old:dunno: gonna have to go get him some treats tomorrow{meal worms}

Im so jealous! I want a hedgehog.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

You're supposed to give those things a bath?

Oops, sorry for never giving you a bath Norman and Stanley.

I need to get another one or two of those things. They are awesome and my puppy would be a riot around him/her.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Just got home. My wife wanted a big pan (I'd call it a "skillet", but whatever) from the Amish store. We never carry cash anymore, and we haven't had a checkbook in years. So I had to drive into town to the ATM to get cash, and by the time we got to the store, it was closed. Dirty amishes.
    Took the daughter on ANOTHER ATV ride, went and checked on the shooting range site, not much dirt was washed away, despite all the rain we've had. Then the four-wheeler started running rough, so I told her to get on we gotta get back to the house. We came home the "quick but dirty" way. I have scratches on my arms and she said she had a headache.
    I love living in the country.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I got 4 letters today from my wife.

She's doing a lot better now and is expecting to be able to leave by the 30th. :woot:

I can not wait to have my sweet baby back home with me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom