• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Aiming smaller will force you to slow down naturally. How much speed you willing to sacrifice?

Thinking a little harder on this... What I've found happens with me (won't presume to speak for others) is if I aim small on my first shot on each target, it takes .1 or .2 secs longer but I can make subsequent shots much faster than I was ever comfortable attempting last year. I've come to trust that they will be in the down zero or in the neighborhood, as long as I make sure my 1st shot on each target is where it is supposed to be. Whatever I lose by aiming smaller out of the holster, I make up for with faster splits and fewer down.

Let the trolling begin!

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    anybody got a chrono they care to bring to WSSC tomorrow :-)

Aiming smaller will force you to slow down naturally. How much speed you willing to sacrifice?

Will bring chrono. Not waterproof though :). Wonder if the parking at WSSC will be workable?

Usually the speed loss is like .1 - .2 between ample time & poor shooting. Just need to force myself to take the time.

Thinking a little harder on this... What I've found happens with me (won't presume to speak for others) is if I aim small on my first shot on each target, it takes .1 or .2 secs longer but I can make subsequent shots much faster than I was ever comfortable attempting last year. I've come to trust that they will be in the down zero or in the neighborhood, as long as I make sure my 1st shot on each target is where it is supposed to be. Whatever I lose by aiming smaller out of the holster, I make up for with faster splits and fewer down.

Let the trolling begin!

Yea. Seems like you are actually faster for the stage overall if you don't rush & miss. I'm wondering if it is sort of a controlled and more smooth versus herky jerky thing.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    So is this how SASS cowboy "action shooting" really is? :laugh:
    72763-blazing-saddles-dance-gif-wkl3.gif

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Will bring chrono. Not waterproof though :). Wonder if the parking at WSSC will be workable?

Usually the speed loss is like .1 - .2 between ample time & poor shooting. Just need to force myself to take the time.

Yea. Seems like you are actually faster for the stage overall if you don't rush & miss. I'm wondering if it is sort of a controlled and more smooth versus herky jerky thing.

My chrono is usually kept in my trunk, so I'll have mine as well.

I agree with the rush and miss theory, I've been trying to get past that since I started shooting a couple years back. I think I've weened myself off doing that on any regular basis nowadays... I really need to work on folow-up shots/sight tracking and maybe learn how to do fairly clean double taps, which I know will vary with pistol/bullet/powder combo, etc. I don't expect them to be mere cm from each other or anything. :D

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Fun nugget from doodieproject...

"match bump" - when you have a casual encounter with a hot chick in a clean porta-potty between stages. Does IDPA actually logs those? :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hope everyone had a fantastic time out shooting today! The Walking Dead match was a ton of fun despite not being 100% on top of my game lol what did everyone think? How about the shotgun addition as a stage?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The shotgun had apparently not been cleaned or lubricated since it arrived on the Mayflower, besides it working slow & entirely screwing up all my mojo I thought it was a real fun match.

Jim started things out with a quick lecture about pasting & brass ratting & that got my toes all curly.

There was another unfortunate twerking incident though.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The shotgun had apparently not been cleaned or lubricated since it arrived on the Mayflower, besides it working slow & entirely screwing up all my mojo I thought it was a real fun match.

Jim started things out with a quick lecture about pasting & brass ratting & that got my toes all curly.

Lolol once you get your hip replaced all your twerking should come to a stop! :D

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

Someone must of spit in it by the time we got to it. I had no issues'. Other then it was the only second time in my life shooting one of them there manual shot gun things. There's not a chance it wasn't oiled recently, it belongs to Dusty and he hose's everything down with WD-40 at least once a year. :)

I liked the addition of a two gun stage.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Very tight match! Those quick stages can deal a blow to your standings but it looks like everyone shot really well. My misses on some of those caught up with me, thankfully I managed them on the Limited Vickers stage LOL

Top Bottom