• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    2 days!!! what is wrong with you people???

So who is showing for RB Saturday? Sounds like it is going to be a spartan affair! Because of the early start times and Big Man's game I'll be absent as well.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Ten days and counting for the Kolonel, is everyone all practiced up? :D

i am so under prepared it isn't funny! I would like to better my finishing position from last time but I don't know. Maybe I'm just going in way more comfortable that I was but I don't feel as 'on it' as I did the last time. I'm really looking forward to it, though! should be awesome! do you remember if they posted the COF's before hand?

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    i am so under prepared it isn't funny! I would like to better my finishing position from last time but I don't know. Maybe I'm just going in way more comfortable that I was but I don't feel as 'on it' as I did the last time. I'm really looking forward to it, though! should be awesome! do you remember if they posted the COF's before hand?

The md told me that the match book will be in shooters bag and she does not plan on posting COF prior to match.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Ten days and counting for the Kolonel, is everyone all practiced up? :D

have been doing a lot of dry fire and also the usual drills. Times have been pretty good and more consistent (Best average times to date for me). Also looks like the weather will be considerably better than last year. :rockwoot:

However, may not have the ammo! Have been hunting for power pistol for a month and cannot find any anywhere. Seems to me I was in the same situation last year going into Sellersburg

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    First of all, I think you should give up on Power Pistol. :D
    I didn't want to either, but it went from being on the shelf everywhere in quantity to nowhere to be found, long term. I moved on to Titegroup and more recently CFE Pistol. My chrono numbers have been pretty good with it and accuracy with 147gr plated have been nice as well (not sure if its the bullets or just my own improvement).

I'm hoping to finish in the top 3 div/class as a loose goal, but I don't want to get a big head and then crap the bed when the time comes. :laugh:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    First of all, I think you should give up on Power Pistol. :D
    I didn't want to either, but it went from being on the shelf everywhere in quantity to nowhere to be found, long term. I moved on to Titegroup and more recently CFE Pistol. My chrono numbers have been pretty good with it and accuracy with 147gr plated have been nice as well (not sure if its the bullets or just my own improvement).

I'm hoping to finish in the top 3 div/class as a loose goal, but I don't want to get a big head and then crap the bed when the time comes. :laugh:

Lol, I can hunt for power pistol or hunt for tight group. I've literally never seen tight group on the shelf anywhere, no exaggeration! Prolly will wind up buying & using commercial ammo
    you taking the M&P to Sellersburg?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Any goals for Sellersburg?

mine is to finish in top half of my class / division. Did not come close to it last year

I want a podium finish...Top 3. I missed it by probably 2 or 3 target points last year. I think I finished 5th in my Division so I'd at the least like to get close to that if I can. I think mentally I am more prepared but I have been so busy with everything else I'm not sure if I'm as sharp as I was last year.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Lol, I can hunt for power pistol or hunt for tight group. I've literally never seen tight group on the shelf anywhere, no exaggeration! Prolly will wind up buying & using commercial ammo
    I'm not sure which gun I'll shoot. I can run it through n ESP, but I originally planned on the CZ.
    I've picked up TG the last 3 times I've been to red ghost. I might even have a lb. I can hook you up on if you are in need.
    I want a podium finish...Top 3. I missed it by probably 2 or 3 target points last year. I think I finished 5th in my Division so I'd at the least like to get close to that if I can. I think mentally I am more prepared but I have been so busy with everything else I'm not sure if I'm as sharp as I was last year.

I think with proper sleep and some dryfire, you'll be good to go. (depending on baggers) :D

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The md told me that the match book will be in shooters bag and she does not plan on posting COF prior to match.

Grrrr.
    The thinking about & planning part is fun & it levels the playing field.
    Oh well.

Any goals for Sellersburg?

mine is to finish in top half of my class / division. Did not come close to it last year

Last weekend at the Music City Cup I totally sucked and was miserable about it for the first 7 stages, on the last 3 I put good time on all the sharpshooters & beat all the experts except one guy that got me by 0.67.

I don't care where I finish, my goal is to leave feeling like I shot a good match for me and had my head on straight most or all of the match. Not bringing your brain along with you just really bites.

Prolly will wind up buying & using commercial ammo

Not all commercial ammo makes power factor in every gun (I'm assuming you are shooting 9).
    Blazer is supposed to be a safe bet according to the guy who wrote "The Glock in Competition".

Oh. Got to thinking that I'm doing something all wrong when I'm having accuracy issues. I tell myself to slow down. I think what I should be doing instead is telling myself to target a smaller area (i.e. do not aim for a down zero, aim for the center 4" circle of the down zero). Thoughts??

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I don't care where I finish, my goal is to leave feeling like I shot a good match for me and had my head on straight most or all of the match. Not bringing your brain along with you just really bites.
    Good stuff, I would be happy with same... Though if I shoot a really good match & feel I did as well as I could but didn't finish in top half of class / division that might be a little depressing, lol!
    Seriously, some consistency from stage to stage is what I am looking for, no crazy swings. A bonus would be avoidance of riding the slide release, not going to slide lock. Just when I think I've gotten enough reps to exercise that demon it comes back to bite me.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Not all commercial ammo makes power factor in every gun (I'm assuming you are shooting 9).
    Blazer is supposed to be a safe bet according to the guy who wrote "The Glock in Competition".

Oh. Got to thinking that I'm doing something all wrong when I'm having accuracy issues. I tell myself to slow down. I think what I should be doing instead is telling myself to target a smaller area (i.e. do not aim for a down zero, aim for the center 4" circle of the down zero). Thoughts??

Haven't chrono'd the blazer. Found 124gr blazer at Gander, same price as 115 so I grabbed a bunch. Still hoping to stumble upon some power pistol this week. Had just settled on a load that the new XDm really liked!

on that note, anybody got a chrono they care to bring to WSSC tomorrow :-)

Aiming smaller will force you to slow down naturally. How much speed you willing to sacrifice?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom