• ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Tried working on Bill drills last week.

Seemed like 15 yards is sort of a magical distance. Closer and you aren't forced into enough front sight and trigger discipline, farther and you aren't working at normal match shooting speed. Shot USPSA Saturday and Sunday & it seemed like the practice was helpful. Did a lot of really stupid stuff as always, but when I wasn't doing stupid or rushing too fast or both it just seemed like the 15 yard drills were good for the mojo. It is hard for me to get 6 down zeros at decent speed, so maybe that helps keep a good focus during practice?

Other thing, Boss Hoss & Boss Hoss's Boss helped me understand that right handed shooters are better off turning to the right on a facing up range start. It is about not waiting for the gun to make the long arc before you can start to draw. Good stuff I thought.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Tried working on Bill drills last week.

Seemed like 15 yards is sort of a magical distance. Closer and you aren't forced into enough front sight and trigger discipline, farther and you aren't working at normal match shooting speed. Shot USPSA Saturday and Sunday & it seemed like the practice was helpful. Did a lot of really stupid stuff as always, but when I wasn't doing stupid or rushing too fast or both it just seemed like the 15 yard drills were good for the mojo. It is hard for me to get 6 down zeros at decent speed, so maybe that helps keep a good focus during practice?

Other thing, Boss Hoss & Boss Hoss's Boss helped me understand that right handed shooters are better off turning to the right on a facing up range start. It is about not waiting for the gun to make the long arc before you can start to draw. Good stuff I thought.

the Turn and Draw thing is a bit of a puzzle. I turn to my left to let air and my movement help keep my vest out of the way so I wonder if that movement is sport specific or if there is any advantage. TTL is a shorter trip for the gun but you're sweeping something out of the way and then turning back into it. TTR makes for a longer trip but your hip & holster should be ahead of your cover when you make that move.

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    To All
    The WSSC stages are up WSSC - PAS and IDPA Results
    They are designed for those "who are prepared for a Zombie attack".
    The round count seems low but there are tons of head shots.
    The stages are directly from the Walking Dead series.
    Are you prepared?
    When: Oct 11th. Help needed at 8AM for setup, Signup at 10, New Shooter Orientation 10:30 and The Attack" starts at 11AM
    Where: Westside Sportsman's Club 1000 Peerles Road Evansville.
    Who: Open to the Public

Thanks to all for your past support

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    To All
    The WSSC stages are up WSSC - PAS and IDPA Results
    They are designed for those "who are prepared for a Zombie attack".
    The round count seems low but there are tons of head shots.
    The stages are directly from the Walking Dead series.
    Are you prepared?
    When: Oct 11th. Help needed at 8AM for setup, Signup at 10, New Shooter Orientation 10:30 and The Attack" starts at 11AM
    Where: Westside Sportsman's Club 1000 Peerles Road Evansville.
    Who: Open to the Public

Thanks to all for your past support

I can hear the questions now, check the wording of Stage 9 procedure closely.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I can hear the questions now, check the wording of Stage 9 procedure closely.

Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not seeing it. Something to do with shotguns? :D

I assume the last target is a swinger (denoted with double arrows), as it legally can't be a disappearing target?

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not seeing it. Something to do with shotguns? :D

I assume the last target is a swinger (denoted with double arrows), as it legally can't be a disappearing target?

There will be a "loaner" weapon on the course that you use for two shots and :"discard" into a blanket lined barrel. Please use it if it were your own and do not throw it on the ground.

Top Bottom