• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Probably a good warm up match for this weekend, I'm guessing that accuracy will be tested a bit.

So far this year whenever I go anywhere there are always stages where folks are calling cover really tight (I got busted for about 1/3 of my right foot and saw two masters get busted for a wee bit of their left heel at the MSC), and other stages where folks are all about watching for the slide to be fully closed before you move on a reload. FWIW.

Trigger calls, which I think is like the most important thing people should watch for, have been very sparse :(.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Probably a good warm up match for this weekend, I'm guessing that accuracy will be tested a bit.

So far this year whenever I go anywhere there are always stages where folks are calling cover really tight (I got busted for about 1/3 of my right foot and saw two masters get busted for a wee bit of their left heel at the MSC), and other stages where folks are all about watching for the slide to be fully closed before you move on a reload. FWIW.

Trigger calls, which I think is like the most important thing people should watch for, have been very sparse :(.

I've been watching a few shows that sort of expose the whole "flat footed reloads" thing in a new light. Power Factor Show did a great segment on it and it gives food for thought. they didn't have a ton of cover at Sellersberg last year and I'm hoping they continue with the theme. They solved with with taking knees behind cover and the cover was your only shooting position aside from the corn maze stage I believe. Everything was either out in the open or low cover... knock on wood we have more of the same.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah, I think the low cover, one knee thing, kinda eliminates some nit picky crap. I crowded cover so bad in the past, I don't think it should he an issue.

Someone calls a proc on me for slide forward as my foot slightly moves, I might have to punch somebody in the neck. :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Did the Walking Dead match include a Colt Python? I'm sure the shotgun stage was cool, but a stage with a Python probably would have got me out of the woods.

(Note, I think Rick said his revolver was a 44, which would make it an Anaconda, but I just blame that on being all sleep deprived from waking to zombie sounds all over the place)

Ya'll shoot well at the Kolonel!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Did the Walking Dead match include a Colt Python? I'm sure the shotgun stage was cool, but a stage with a Python probably would have got me out of the woods.

(Note, I think Rick said his revolver was a 44, which would make it an Anaconda, but I just blame that on being all sleep deprived from waking to zombie sounds all over the place)

Ya'll shoot well at the Kolonel!

Yeah, I caught that about the Python, too. I was thinking...when did they pick up a .44 mag? LOL Jay asked if we could work on incorporating a bottle rocket and propane take in the next TWD match we have :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So who is prepped and ready for Saturday @ Sellersberg? I've cleaned my gun, got 300 rounds of ammo set aside plus all the necessities I can think of. Aside from seriously needing an umbrella and poncho last year (both of which I know have :D ) I don't really recall needing anything other than my normal gun/holster/eye&hear protection sort of thing.

Anybody got any extra insight to what they are bringing?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I still need to clean stuff and figure out wth I'm gonna shoot. Outside of a couple snacks, maybe a poncho and fresh drawers, in case one were to have a flamin' Montezuma, I really can't think of anything else aside from the usual match gear.

I might think different if I were going farther, flying, etc.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't really remember needing anything other than a better pair of shoes and an umbrella the last time we were there.

I have 2 pair of safety glasses with different lenses packed plus some towels, the hot hand hand warmers and extra batteries for the ear protection...

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    +1 on the hand warmers.
    I recall Barb lost a f.o. Front sight in the middle of a stage last year. We had a smoker in our squad so had access to a lighter to install a replacement. Will bring one with me
    I still want to see about one of those collapsible wagons. Will be a back saver
    Gave up trying to find the power pistol and bought some titegroup at red ghost. Really hate hunting for a good load & testing this close to the match. 147 or 124 with titegroup?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    +1 on the hand warmers.
    I recall Barb lost a f.o. Front sight in the middle of a stage last year. We had a smoker in our squad so had access to a lighter to install a replacement. Will bring one with me
    Gave up trying to find the power pistol and bought some titegroup at red ghost. Really hate hunting for a good load & testing this close to the match. 147 or 124 with titegroup?

The wagon is a god send! between being able to bring along a lot more gear you aren't having it hanging off your body everywhere you go!

Most agree that 147 is the way to go with Titegroup, but even with the 124 grain bullet Titegroup produces a very good round.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    FWIW the wagon I got at Sam's for around $55 I think. It has been a back saver and a half! I use it for my son's soccer practice and games plus 2 IDPA shoots a month. Best $55 I've spent!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    +1 on the hand warmers.

I run 3.9-4.0gr with OAL of 1.120-1.125, runs about 131 PF out of both my 9mm on average.
    I've ran about 3.4 gr with 147 for about 128-132 pf at the same length. I'd assume your 5.25" would get a bit more fps.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    So who is prepped and ready for Saturday @ Sellersberg? I've cleaned my gun, got 300 rounds of ammo set aside plus all the necessities I can think of. Aside from seriously needing an umbrella and poncho last year (both of which I know have :D ) I don't really recall needing anything other than my normal gun/holster/eye&hear protection sort of thing.

Anybody got any extra insight to what they are bringing?
    Ready to Rock, no rain gear will be needed :), got new hat and fancy sunglasses with new pair shoes:lmfao:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I don't really remember needing anything other than a better pair of shoes and an umbrella the last time we were there.

I have 2 pair of safety glasses with different lenses packed plus some towels, the hot hand hand warmers and extra batteries for the ear protection...

Foam earplugs for sleeping the night before.
    You don't want to hear Grelber twerking in the hallway in the wee hours of the morn. :)

Top Bottom