• DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Fur example?
    Inquiring minds are nosy.

I don't want to spoil everything but... They decided to break the classifier down and instead of 3 30-round stages it has been decided to do it as 90 1-round stages. Genius in my opinion :D

We have a IDPA/PAC meeting tomorrow and we will be able to go over the data collected to see if what is planned will work. I won't spoil it until tomorrow evening or if Jay or Jim want to get on here and lay it all out.

I did get to be one of the Guinea Pigs to run the classifier so I am really curious to see the numbers and also how I did.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I don't want to spoil everything but... They decided to break the classifier down and instead of 3 30-round stages it has been decided to do it as 90 1-round stages. Genius in my opinion :D

We have a IDPA/PAC meeting tomorrow and we will be able to go over the data collected to see if what is planned will work. I won't spoil it until tomorrow evening or if Jay or Jim want to get on here and lay it all out.

I did get to be one of the Guinea Pigs to run the classifier so I am really curious to see the numbers and also how I did.

Half a lifetime wasted reading ingo.
    Finally something interesting.
    And it is a secret.

(My vote would be to start before noon and shoot the first few brass rats :))

Learned a couple really neat things at a BFT training class yesterday.
    I will carry the information with me to my grave.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Half a lifetime wasted reading ingo.
    Finally something interesting.
    And it is a secret.

(My vote would be to start before noon and shoot the first few brass rats :))

Learned a couple really neat things at a BFT training class yesterday.
    I will carry the information with me to my grave.

WOW! I didn't want to be the one to take Jay's thunder and opted to wait a day and some guys threaten to take hat they know to the grave with them! There is a disparity in there somewhere! :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well, a bit of good news and a bit of I-am-not-sure-how-to-feel-about-it news. I did shoot my best SSP classifier and classified Expert with my 9mm. I also shot my best to date CDP score but the 3rd stage did me in and I missed Expert by my slimmest margin yet.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Well, a bit of good news and a bit of I-am-not-sure-how-to-feel-about-it news. I did shoot my best SSP classifier and classified Expert with my 9mm. I also shot my best to date CDP score but the 3rd stage did me in and I missed Expert by my slimmest margin yet.

Welcome to EX- good job!:rockwoot:

I have GOT to get in on these secret classifiers:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Welcome to EX- good job!:rockwoot:

I have GOT to get in on these secret classifiers:D

I have the inside track on these...you just gotta join the WSSC :D

Thanks! Again, I am not too sure how to feel about my CDP score. On one hand I am ok with just missing. that will now mean being In the Sellersberg match as an SS bordering on EX as opposed to a newly minted EX :D Not that it would affect the way I would approach a match but it would end up lessening the pressure of a first larger match.

But the flip side of that is being so close again and missing the mark. 2 Mikes hurt...that was 5 of the 9 seconds I needed to make EX. Cleaning up a few on the 3rd stage and picking up a 10th of a second over a few more and I am in with time to spare. In looking back I think I need work on placing myself better in slicing the pie around the barricade on stage 3. I noticed I didn't move my feet, just kept leaning around and would end up in terrible firing positions. My SSP & CDP scores on both stage 3s were nearly identical and I shot them the same using the same style of footwork.

The EX in SSP was a nice surprise considering I have shot much less SSP and didn't really push it on any of those stages. I am not ready to switch disciplines just yet but it was a very nice surprise especially after being very frustrated with the quality of my 9mm reloads/brass.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Thanks! Again, I am not too sure how to feel about my CDP score. On one hand I am ok with just missing. that will now mean being In the Sellersberg match as an SS bordering on EX as opposed to a newly minted EX :D Not that it would affect the way I would approach a match but it would end up lessening the pressure of a first larger match.

But the flip side of that is being so close again and missing the mark. 2 Mikes hurt...that was 5 of the 9 seconds I needed to make EX. Cleaning up a few on the 3rd stage and picking up a 10th of a second over a few more and I am in with time to spare. In looking back I think I need work on placing myself better in slicing the pie around the barricade on stage 3. I noticed I didn't move my feet, just kept leaning around and would end up in terrible firing positions. My SSP & CDP scores on both stage 3s were nearly identical and I shot them the same using the same style of footwork.

The EX in SSP was a nice surprise considering I have shot much less SSP and didn't really push it on any of those stages. I am not ready to switch disciplines just yet but it was a very nice surprise especially after being very frustrated with the quality of my 9mm reloads/brass.

It is definitely faster to lean instead of move from behind a barricade. The price you pay is poor positioning which at 20 yards on the clock will not be forgiving of any error. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is get back from it- way back. Targets will be more easily visible and you stance more certain than if one hugs the barricade:twocents:

Could you not talk them into a "perfect double" scenario:laugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Congrats on expert!!!! It is going to suck less as you continue to whop me on the score sheets :).

There is a really neat technique that reduces how much pressure you feel at a 3rd stage or even throughout a major match. Wish I could tell you about it.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It is definitely faster to lean instead of move from behind a barricade. The price you pay is poor positioning which at 20 yards on the clock will not be forgiving of any error. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is get back from it- way back. Targets will be more easily visible and you stance more certain than if one hugs the barricade:twocents:

I don't know if it will help, but just doing slow fire practice around the barricade at distance is instructional. It seems like it would be easy to shoot six down zeros if time was not a factor, but it is not (for me).

There is just something about being twisted around that makes the bullets fly crooked, stance - sight picture - arm support - whatever ??
    Other thing, by the time you get to stage three your brain is tuned into quick timing from throwing 60 rounds up close.
    Last time I shot a classifier (top secret also, so take that Mike, and I'm not even going to hint at who else made expert) my stage three times were good and scores were horrible and I think it was about not recalibrating my sight picture discipline / tolerance for things seeming to take to long.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congrats on expert!!!! It is going to suck less as you continue to whop me on the score sheets :).

There is a really neat technique that reduces how much pressure you feel at a 3rd stage or even throughout a major match. Wish I could tell you about it.

I can just feel the love oozing from you! You are going to feel pretty silly when I drop all the 4-1-1 on you about the 90-stage 1-round per stage classifier...oops! I may have said too much already!

I think you both are on to it...kneeling is probably infinitely faster than repositioning your leg...and dry fire practice at 20 yards WITH a barricade is another must. I am probably still too close to the barricade on the 3rd targets of the first string and even the 3rd target on the 2nd string.

Jeff, you are speaking the truth about being tuned to keep up the pace at 20 yards the same way you'd do it at 7. My raw time was enough to get me close to MA; slowing down a tick on just a few of those 20 yards would net me a few points back.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    For this Saturday, 7/6 from Mr. Steve "the Redbrush Communicator" Owens:

Our next match is this Saturday. 150 rounds. Match starts at 10:00. New shooter's meeting at 09:30. Setup starts at 07:00. Let's hope that it is dryer than what we've had the past two matches.

If possible, there will be a carbine side match. 30 rounds should be plenty. Remember no steel core rounds - we want to take care of our targets.

Hope to see you there!

Steve

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    For this Saturday, 7/6 from Mr. Steve "the Redbrush Communicator" Owens:

Our next match is this Saturday. 150 rounds. Match starts at 10:00. New shooter's meeting at 09:30. Setup starts at 07:00. Let's hope that it is dryer than what we've had the past two matches.

If possible, there will be a carbine side match. 30 rounds should be plenty. Remember no steel core rounds - we want to take care of our targets.

Hope to see you there!

Steve

It looks like I will end up missing another RB match. This Saturday will be my son's last baseball game of the season and we pulled the late game. Have fun and I will see you at WSSC.

Top Bottom