• ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You're definitely not ready as said gun can't run in SSP:):

Just kiddin! Of course you're ready- get one and let the wheels start turning:rockwoot:

Ha! Roundy Round guns are so foreign I can't even wrap my mind around what division they belong in.

My biggest decision is in do I want to pick up a new caliber. Either .223 or .357/38. I've had 2 ARs but can't completely warm up to them but I've found a 3rd that I really like. That dang .357 is beautiful with fiber optic front and Novak rear...just a good looking gun. Probably a ton cheaper and easier to opt for the .357 over the .223.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Ha! Roundy Round guns are so foreign I can't even wrap my mind around what division they belong in.

My biggest decision is in do I want to pick up a new caliber. Either .223 or .357/38. I've had 2 ARs but can't completely warm up to them but I've found a 3rd that I really like. That dang .357 is beautiful with fiber optic front and Novak rear...just a good looking gun. Probably a ton cheaper and easier to opt for the .357 over the .223.

Just get a 625 and the problem is solved.:D

I just got on my squad for nats and it didn't turnout quite like I wanted. Looks like there is 1 DM, 2 EX, 2 Ss and 1 MM in E SR. I've shot local majors with more.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Just get a 625 and the problem is solved.:D

I just got on my squad for nats and it didn't turnout quite like I wanted. Looks like there is 1 DM, 2 EX, 2 Ss and 1 MM in E SR. I've shot local majors with more.
    Agreed. Pass on anything .223 related, go grab the JM-625 down at Whittaker's and call it a day. :D
    Unless you've got a line on another one cheaper elsewhere... and you don't even have to add a caliber and associated plates, dies, etc.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Agreed. Pass on anything .223 related, go grab the JM-625 down at Whittaker's and call it a day. :D
    Unless you've got a line on another one cheaper elsewhere... and you don't even have to add a caliber and associated plates, dies, etc.

I know I will eventually own another AR but the availability of ammo is killing me on the idea right now.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I' ve got my time down to 1.5 secs for draw & 1st shot center mass. Not sure how that compares to the masses but its improvement vs. myself

Will see in a few weeks how that translates at IDPA!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I' ve got my time down to 1.5 secs for draw & 1st shot center mass. Not sure how that compares to the masses but its improvement vs. myself

Will see in a few weeks how that translates at IDPA!

Very nice! I've done some work on mine but it has been such a long time since I've shot in a match I'm not sure how well my work will show in the next classifier.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Very nice! I've done some work on mine but it has been such a long time since I've shot in a match I'm not sure how well my work will show in the next classifier.

Reminds me.
    Tried some 20 yard behind the barricade practice the last time I was at RB.
    Maybe one day that won't be humbling, but today ain't the day.
    I think I might be able to shoot 30 yard from a comfortable stance better than 20 yard behind cover.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Not sure how that compares to the masses but its improvement vs. myself.

That, my friend, is all that matters. You can only shoot as you can shoot. Improvement is a win in and of itself and you'll find that among the top shooters, that is what they desire more so than anything else:twocents:

joncor2577

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    For anyone like me that doesn't reload yet and needs ammo for next weekend gander mountain in Evansville is stocked with pistol ammo. American eagle, Winchester, Remington, Magtech, etc. 9/40/45/10mm.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Did you see in the new book where you can apply a CDP score to all three semi divisions? Just something to think about.

Also, SSR can be applied to ESR and vice versa.

ESP can only be applied to SSP and SSP to ESP (gun legal, of course) but not to CDP.

Is it the 1 class lower' thing or what for that?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Is it the 1 class lower' thing or what for that?

No, this is a different deal. If a shooter wants his score in one division to count in other applicable divisions, he/she just tells the MD, equipment is checked and the scores applied. For example, in the new book, if a guy shot the classifier in CDP and his gun is legal for ESP/SSP then he can have that single score applied to the other divisions. In the new guidelines, if he shot a 91 in CDP in our hypothetical and had the scores applied to ESP/SSP then he made CDP/MA, SSP/MA and ESP/EX.

In the "equity" system if he shot it in CDP, then he would be a CDP/MA, ESP/EX and SSP/EX.

Clear as mud:laugh:

Of other classification interests, the "official" shooter classification system will not longer be the cards but the database. Clubs have 7 days to upload scores after a match. If they don't, I think the MD gets three licks on the hand with a ruler:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    No, this is a different deal. If a shooter wants his score in one division to count in other applicable divisions, he/she just tells the MD, equipment is checked and the scores applied. For example, in the new book, if a guy shot the classifier in CDP and his gun is legal for ESP/SSP then he can have that single score applied to the other divisions. In the new guidelines, if he shot a 91 in CDP in our hypothetical and had the scores applied to ESP/SSP then he made CDP/MA, SSP/MA and ESP/EX.

In the "equity" system if he shot it in CDP, then he would be a CDP/MA, ESP/EX and SSP/EX.

Clear as mud:laugh:

Of other classification interests, the "official" shooter classification system will not longer be the cards but the database. Clubs have 7 days to upload scores after a match. If they don't, I think the MD gets three licks on the hand with a ruler:D

Nice! It is about time that came about. As you can tell I am not quite through the new rule book all the way so there are parts that I haven't gotten to just yet. I would feel very weird to run my .45 in SSP but when you do own the few .45s that can do all 3, well then those are the perks!

Speaking of the Classifier, there was some quality time spent at the WSSC yesterday morning trying to work out the bugs on their upcoming Classifier. With a few details left to iron out, I think are on to something and it should be a good time.

Top Bottom