• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It is definitely faster to lean instead of move from behind a barricade. The price you pay is poor positioning which at 20 yards on the clock will not be forgiving of any error. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is get back from it- way back. Targets will be more easily visible and you stance more certain than if one hugs the barricade:twocents:

Tried way back today. It definitely feels better, and maybe also any temptation to bring your muzzle up going side to side is likely diminished.
    Thanks !!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Why does the weather hate Redbrush?:D

Don't know how it is in Newburgh, but we're getting rain out my way.

Light rain but I bumped into Steve O. Last night at RB and he is determined to go ahead. Said would substitute steel for paper if need be and he was going to shoot. Now, if coming down in buckets probably a different story, but i dont think that is predicted

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Light rain but I bumped into Steve O. Last night at RB and he is determined to go ahead. Said would substitute steel for paper if need be and he was going to shoot. Now, if coming down in buckets probably a different story, but i dont think that is predicted

My boy's baseball game has been postponed so I could actually make the match today. I sure hope it is on....long drive from Mt Vernon just to turn around and head back home. I may try it... If anybody hears anything in the next 35 minutes please post. I might be on my way.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Weather channel says 100% precip, but random showers should end by 7:45am. Maps look to be clear as well for quite a while. :yesway:

Come on up to the east side.... We have deeluxe apts in the sky... :laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Well folks, hope everyone shot well today.:rockwoot: I enjoyed the match although some, namely the MD, was a little bummed about it being mostly steel. I personally don't mind those matches because I don't have any steel to practice on at home and it lets me get a lot of practice on some. This is important because missing steel is THE cardinal revolver sin. I transgressed a time or two today:laugh:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    A shout out to the SO's for a great job today. I think they saved two guys from trips to the hospital today when they had squibs and were preparing to fire again. And that was just in our squad. Kudo's.
    A good reminder that, with recent spike in gun sales and runs on ammo, there are a lot of new reloaders out there as well as new shooters. There are no SO's watching over the reloading operations

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    had squibs and were preparing to fire again.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ing/302519-45_auto_double_charge_results.html

1. Fun match today!

2. The reloading thread above is a good one. It amazes me that the shooter came out aok.

3. Jay da man for getting things shut down fast after a squib!!!

4. All the WSSC folks agreed today that any bad feelings or heightened drama about their upcoming classifier are soley and entirely Mike's fault.

5. I wimped out and did not dq a guy today that I most likely should have (new shooter, jumping the gun on load and make ready before everyone was back). I think that was wrong on my part. Will discuss with the powers that be and take due penance as is appropriate. I don't think we will want my screw up to be repeated.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The DQ/No-DQ call was a tough one. Don't beat yourself up on the call. You have had to make that decision twice and both were new shooters. I don't envy you for being the one on watch to have to make that decision.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    The DQ/No-DQ call was a tough one. Don't beat yourself up on the call. You have had to make that decision twice and both were new shooters. I don't envy you for being the one on watch to have to make that decision.

Ditto. I think the seriousness was recognized by the new shooter and it was a good call not to DQ.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I think I need to be demoted.

First and foremost, special thanks to Jay for catching that squib that could've cost me appendages/eyesight/etc. or worse. Good ears and eyes, sir. :yesway: :cheers:

Just now looking at today's scores, I'm extremely disappointed and almost feel like I need my classifications stripped from me and to be placed in novice/unclassified after the fiasco that was "My IDPA day at RB". I think I shot better on my first IDPA outing, which was like the 4th time I'd shot a pistol, ever.
    I figured my scores were fairly terrible, but seeing the score/times really reinforced that. Just the fact that I drained 3 mags (even in CDP) trying to down the six plates at stage 1A (the "V"-shaped layout) and still didn't get the last two was indication of what else was to come.

I have the worst sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach right now... almost wish I hadn't even looked at the score sheet now, I knew it was going to be ugly, just not the train-wreck it turned out to be. :xmad:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    First and foremost, special thanks to Jay for catching that squib that could've cost me appendages/eyesight/etc. or worse. Good ears and eyes, sir. :yesway: :cheers:

Just now looking at today's scores, I'm extremely disappointed and almost feel like I need my classifications stripped from me and to be placed in novice/unclassified after the fiasco that was "My IDPA day at RB". I think I shot better on my first IDPA outing, which was like the 4th time I'd shot a pistol, ever.
    I figured my scores were fairly terrible, but seeing the score/times really reinforced that. Just the fact that I drained 3 mags (even in CDP) trying to down the six plates at stage 1A (the "V"-shaped layout) and still didn't get the last two was indication of what else was to come.

I have the worst sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach right now... almost wish I hadn't even looked at the score sheet now, I knew it was going to be ugly, just not the train-wreck it turned out to be. :xmad:

Don't sweat it that much, whatever you do. You are still trying to get ammo worked out in addition to shoot a match. We just need to hit the range and see where that M&P groups and you will be good to go.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Don't sweat it that much, whatever you do. You are still trying to get ammo worked out in addition to shoot a match. We just need to hit the range and see where that M&P groups and you will be good to go.
    Yeah, I know. I know I'm no super-sniper by any means, not by a long shot, but man today was just BAD. :laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Happy to report that my squad was drama free. The worst thing that happened was that I put a knee into Jim's head because he was ratting for brass. No blood resulted so it was all good:D

From the looks of the scores, this was a GREAT day to shoot a bottom feeder:laugh:

Jay shared their WSSC's classifier idea and it sounds promising. It's one of those things that has to be tried to know for sure, but in form it sounds good.

I think it might be beneficial to the new shooters to get a reminder in the shooter's meeting to do absolutely nothing until the SO gives the command. We had some folks jumping the gun on unloading, showing clear, dropping the hammer...sorry "pull the trigger:)" that needed some guidance. But, we had an advanced shooter do the same thing. I hear one plans to shoot a major soon- they will fix that for him real quick like;)

upchurch- if you put your email on the scoresheet it should be sent out to you. If not, I think they are loading them on the Redbrush website now.

Top Bottom