• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    You kicked some serious butt! Those stages were challenging for any sized gun so there wasn't much of an advantage to shooting a full-size over a BUG..except you could actually load enough rounds to shoot the entire 3-string course instead of stuffing mags like some of us had to! LOL

Yeah, being able to run like 5 strings without reloading was kinda nice. :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So what is on everyone's Christmas Wish List? I'm genuinely having a hard time thinking of things to tell Mrs Claus to bring.. WTH is wrong with me? I did think of one of those fancy schmancy target paster guns :D but other than that I'm drawing a blank!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I have absolutely nothing in mind. Those paster price-guns are kinda neat, maybe for personal practice time. However, I think it would be one more thing I'd have to keep track of during a regular match though, and as a regular SO I doubt you'd be doing that much pasting on a regular basis. :dunno:

Just this morning I've been kicking around the idea of doing an AR build, but then I think "Am I really going to get much use out of this or will it just sit in the closet 99% of the time?". I guess it's the question of how much realistic use will I get from "X". :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I have absolutely nothing in mind. Those paster price-guns are kinda neat, maybe for personal practice time. However, I think it would be one more thing I'd have to keep track of during a regular match though, and as a regular SO I doubt you'd be doing that much pasting on a regular basis. :dunno:

Just this morning I've been kicking around the idea of doing an AR build, but then I think "Am I really going to get much use out of this or will it just sit in the closet 99% of the time?". I guess it's the question of how much realistic use will I get from "X". :laugh:

the AR build is a lot of fun and I'm glad I did mine. I don't get as much use out of it as I'd like but then again I have a cabinet full of stuff that doesn't see the light of day. Of the 3 ARs that I've owned I like the one I built better than the other 2 and I really liked the other two. I'd say go for it on the build if you really want an AR; it'd be more of a labor of love and to say you have one. I'm always ready to get mine out I just don't always have the opportunity to.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    "Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your teeth, your an idiot babe, it's a wonder that you still know how to breathe"

"If you see Saint Anne please tell her thanks a lot, I can not move and my fingers are all in a knot, I don't even have the strength to get up and take another shot, and my best friend the Doctor won't even tell me what it is I've got:"

Bob Dylan is a hard core s.o.b. .

My thought for the day:).

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

If you are going to do it, price wise right now is the time. Lowers can be had for $39.95, stuff is cheap! Black Friday deals will be abundant.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If you are going to do it, price wise right now is the time. Lowers can be had for $39.95, stuff is cheap! Black Friday deals will be abundant.

Black Friday should be named "Build an AR Friday" because that is how/when we built both of ours last year with that mad deals! Palmetto State Armory is your BFF during Black Friday! they have mad deals during this time of the year on all sorts of things you just have to strike when the iron is hot because they sell out quickly!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville

Black Friday should be named "Build an AR Friday" because that is how/when we built both of ours last year with that mad deals! Palmetto State Armory is your BFF during Black Friday! they have mad deals during this time of the year on all sorts of things you just have to strike when the iron is hot because they sell out quickly!

Did you guys end up getting all your parts and kit pieces through Palmetto?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Did you guys end up getting all your parts and kit pieces through Palmetto?

All my actual rifle parts came from Palmetto, Some furniture parts came from either DSG Arms or Primary arms (don't recall which) because they had the best price at the time. Mags came from one of them as well, because of price.
    I bought bits and parts over a two week period, I believe.
    Good places to keep an eye out and sign up for their email alerts.
    Palmetto
    Aim Surplus
    DSG Arms
    Primary Arms
    Also keep a watch here: Slickguns | Best deals on guns and ammo posted by users
    Black Friday deals already starting to appear. If you even think you may, buy a lower NOW. Anderson Lowers are great for the money.
    And if you do order, be patient, will take some time to ship during that period.
    Then there is this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uZLccA7Fmk

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Like Brad said, PSA (Palmetto State Armory) is the place to get everything for the build but a few places will offer some crazy Black Friday or Christmas deals this time of the year. My only complaint about PSA is they will occasionally take their sweet time when it comes to shipping their stuff but the volume they do and the price they have I am willing to put up with that. And if you see something on there you'd better lay your money down because they sell out quickly! Only thing I had trouble finding was a complete upper. I finally ran across one of their complete uppers, blemished (and you'd be hard pressed to find the actual blemish) for a good price. All I needed was the bolt carrier group and a charging handle. I think mine is a 1:7 twist, chrome--lined 16" to which I added a Magpul carbine-length forearm and fore grip.

Top Bottom