• ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Call Kisada & go & split gas.

It ain't like you can't talk for 6 hours.

Says the guy from the squad that was still shooting whilst we were packed up and already moving on :D

I'd like to but tomorrow is one of the few free Saturdays left in the year and it is Day on the Town Saturday..probably even a movie throw in there for good measure once we've done our thing around E'ville.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Says the guy from the squad that was still shooting whilst we were packed up and already moving on :D

I'd like to but tomorrow is one of the few free Saturdays left in the year and it is Day on the Town Saturday..probably even a movie throw in there for good measure once we've done our thing around E'ville.

Was that the same squad that took an hours nap before firing their first shot of the day?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

that is really stretching for a segue :).

If we violated any patents, I apologize.

Really don't understand how that happened though. Nobody held us up & it didn't seem like we were dawdling. Probably some sort of a hot tub time machine but with bullets phenomenon.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    that is really stretching for a segue :).

If we violated any patents, I apologize.

Really don't understand how that happened though. Nobody held us up & it didn't seem like we were dawdling. Probably some sort of a hot tub time machine but with bullets phenomenon.

yeah yeah, you all sounded like a sewing circle over there in your bay!

How'd Rock Castle Saturday go? We had a sick little guy to attend to most of the day so today back to work is my first real foray into town since Friday!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    yeah yeah, you all sounded like a sewing circle over there in your bay!

Jim & Jay made me s.o. the squad of people who can not be controlled. It is not my fault!!
    On second thought I guess I could be held to task for my relaxed, easy going and kind nature.

How'd Rock Castle Saturday go? We had a sick little guy to attend to most of the day so today back to work is my first real foray into town since Friday!

One of the really icky things in life is when somebody you care about is feeling bad & you can't get in there & do something to fix it. Hope he is back up to snuff!

Rock castle was fun!!! Need to get back to Bill Drills though because I'm throwing way too many Mikes.
    ***** things.
    I hate electronic scoring. Found out in August that the stupid things stop working if it it is too hot. Saturday I found out that if you have the occasional drop of rain the stupid things can see that as a button push & then commence to go hog wild & pig crazy. Also found out that most of the people who tell you how great it is do not help with scoring during the match. Under ideal conditions it still takes more time & ties up more help during the match. Ick ick ick.
    They had one stage where it was like our pick up Texas Star plates out of the nasty muck match only with your good magazine. A little rock or straw is a great thing.
    *****ing aside, I think anybody who likes to shoot would have enjoyed the match.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Jim & Jay made me s.o. the squad of people who can not be controlled. It is not my fault!!
    On second thought I guess I could be held to task for my relaxed, easy going and kind nature.

One of the really icky things in life is when somebody you care about is feeling bad & you can't get in there & do something to fix it. Hope he is back up to snuff!

Rock castle was fun!!! Need to get back to Bill Drills though because I'm throwing way too many Mikes.
    ***** things.
    I hate electronic scoring. Found out in August that the stupid things stop working if it it is too hot. Saturday I found out that if you have the occasional drop of rain the stupid things can see that as a button push & then commence to go hog wild & pig crazy. Also found out that most of the people who tell you how great it is do not help with scoring during the match. Under ideal conditions it still takes more time & ties up more help during the match. Ick ick ick.
    They had one stage where it was like our pick up Texas Star plates out of the nasty muck match only with your good magazine. A little rock or straw is a great thing.
    *****ing aside, I think anybody who likes to shoot would have enjoyed the match.

He bounces back quickly thankfully! he was back to his usual self by the end of the day and by Sunday you'd never know he was sick at all!

We haven't done too many Bill Drills..maybe we need to have an All Drill/Standards Theme match or something to that effect! :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    We haven't done too many Bill Drills..maybe we need to have an All Drill/Standards Theme match or something to that effect! :D

There seems to be merit to that notion. For new folks it might be a nice introduction to some skills development options, for everybody it might be a nice way to baseline where you are, and it should be an easy match to set up.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    There seems to be merit to that notion. For new folks it might be a nice introduction to some skills development options, for everybody it might be a nice way to baseline where you are, and it should be an easy match to set up.

I'm all for it! Bill Drills, Standards and all that good stuff. I like it!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    ***** things.
    I hate electronic scoring. Found out in August that the stupid things stop working if it it is too hot. Saturday I found out that if you have the occasional drop of rain the stupid things can see that as a button push & then commence to go hog wild & pig crazy. Also found out that most of the people who tell you how great it is do not help with scoring during the match.
    On the other hand most of the people that hate electronic scoring have never set in front of the computer for hours after every match entering scores and spending the next few days fixing the mistakes(typos) that come from doing it manually:n00b:

Everyone is spoiled to getting their scores in hours instead of days.

Under ideal conditions it still takes more time & ties up more help during the match. Ick ick ick.

I don't recall ever hearing anyone saying it was faster than paper scoring at least during the match.:dunno:

Yeah the mud on the one stage was a pain for the shooter but several stages had the targets set where the pasters had to walk thru mud and standing water to paste the targets. Some straw and/or a shovel would have been nice.
    Rockcastle has been doing this for over 2 years now and the owners of the range need to step up and finish the bays and get the other bays built so the "interesting" trip down the hill in doe valley is just a memory.
    BTW my wife was going to ask you and Scott to pull the cart down that hill again after she got the camera out but she thought the better of it.(I DID NOT tell her that it was a great idea).
    Just a note that the ones that run the shoots are not the one that are not getting things done it is the OWNERS of the range.
    I like Rockcastle as they usually have some tough shots on their stages.
    This month was the end of the season and was a pretty easy match(I thought) with only a couple of harder shots that small plate on the last stage and the head shot on stage 6 but I shot it from the back of the shooting area instead of going closer, so that was on me.
    Those peak a boo swingers were fast and were a challenge.
    Fun match and I enjoyed shooting with you and Scott as always.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    BTW my wife was going to ask you and Scott to pull the cart down that hill again after she got the camera out but she thought the better of it.(I DID NOT tell her that it was a great idea).

:)

There is probably a worse way to get a heavy cart up and down a steep muddy hill, but you might have to work to find it.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I'm all for it! Bill Drills, Standards and all that good stuff. I like it!

Aren't those usually referred to as classifiers? :D
    Make a drills match, give new folks drawing practice, transitions,etc. without having to worry about stage mechanics and whatnot. Also, easy to paste/reset and can be made as challenging as you'd like.

Maybe even do a target swap out for all drills for quicker scoring and pasting, like we did in this two bug stages at wssc.

Top Bottom