• ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Oh, other thing.

When we squad at RB, the experienced shooters that could be a great deal of help to the new or fairly new shooters tend to either go in the Brad's clique squad or the Mike & TJ's clique squad. Understandable and maybe unavoidable as friends like to shoot with friends, but the new folks loose a lot of learning opportunities from not being with the folks who can mentor and demonstrate good safety practices & gun handling skills.

Just a thought, if you look at a squad of mostly new folks there is a good opportunity to move over and share your juicy goodness and maybe help things run safer.

Seems like less of a thing at WSSC, do not know why.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Freestyle match was a lot of fun. If we'd do it again I'd just as soon go full-blown USPSA just for that extra fun (and having 5 mags on you to boot). Not sure how RB would handle the scoring side of it but that would be my vote..no half measures! :D LOL

I must have missed the ESR announcement. I just saw the flat-footed reload ruling and the part about the possible new division(s) they will add or consider adding to IDPA.

Not sure about the new shooter/squad thing. I'm not sure how RB handles new shooters and who they are paired with versus WSSC. could just be the newer shooters are accompanying a friend that doesn't squad with some of the more seasoned shooters.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Got a FB message from Scott asking me to call him about IDPA. Made the call and the learned the news. Still kind of stunned as to what and where removing ESR came from?? I had heard nothing about it.

Please note, ESR is not gone......yet. We might be the least participated in division but the few of us can RAISE A LOT OF CANE!!

Thing is, it doesn't just affect ESR guys, it's SSR too. If what was stated in the email happens you'll have a lot of ESR shooters bringing lower PF with clips against speedloader guys. This will not be received well.

And maybe that is part of the master plan?? Adopt one new division this year and oust ESR. Adopt the other division next year and oust SSR.

For the record, I like the concept of both a compact and optic division. Between the two, I voted for compact. Allowing revolvers into optic will be great so long as everyone only loads 6 or 8:rolleyes:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just donned on me- if this nonsense goes through, what happens to my classification? I am so totally sold out to ESR that I don't have any other classification. I guess its Novice for me LOL

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I'm a new member at Red Brush, thanks to my recent marriage to a current member. (Guess that makes me a legacy?) Just want to say y'all sure use a lot of TLAs, FLAs and other acronyms.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm a new member at Red Brush, thanks to my recent marriage to a current member. (Guess that makes me a legacy?) Just want to say y'all sure use a lot of TLAs, FLAs and other acronyms.

Welcome! Most of those are used in some of the shooting sports that takes place at RB so we hope you get a shot at coming out and joining us for one of those shoots! Primarily all the ESR, SSP, IDPA stuff you are reading is associated with either IDPA or USPSA, but practical shooting sports :D FWIW LOL

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Appreciate the welcome and explanation! I don't really figure a guy with my skills should be in competitive shooting but thanks for the offer! LOL Love RB though. It's a great place to shoot.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Appreciate the welcome and explanation! I don't really figure a guy with my skills should be in competitive shooting but thanks for the offer! LOL Love RB though. It's a great place to shoot.

Don't count yourself out just yet! Everybody has a first match and it is a tremendous amount of fun! It is open to the public so you should come out to one of the two club's shoots to see what all the fuss is about!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

Everyone has to start someplace. Come join us for an IDPA match at Red Brush first sat of each month or at West Side Sportsman Club the 2nd sat of each month. All levels of shooters at each match.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Excellent! Lots of great folks at RB and WSSC that are always willing to help a new shooter. If you feel like reading you can check out some things about the match at their website, IDPA - Welcome! where you can research a rulebook and find links to forums. Hope to see you there!

Experienced that just a week ago. We were shooting long guns on the rifle range at RB. I was having trouble with my newish AK. Guy a couple of lanes over working with his kids. By eavesdropping, I could tell he knew a lot about guns. I went over, introduced myself, apologized for bothering him, and ask him about the AK. He was amazingly friendly and helpful.

My wife and I are looking forward to getting more active at RB. Thanks for the link.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Experienced that just a week ago. We were shooting long guns on the rifle range at RB. I was having trouble with my newish AK. Guy a couple of lanes over working with his kids. By eavesdropping, I could tell he knew a lot about guns. I went over, introduced myself, apologized for bothering him, and ask him about the AK. He was amazingly friendly and helpful.

My wife and I are looking forward to getting more active at RB. Thanks for the link.

Most of us posting in here are members of either RB or WSSC and occasionally you'll find a few that are members of both!

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    Remember our discussion at Sellersburg about the head shoots on the golf stage?

6.22. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]No shots are to be required at distances greater than ten (10) yards for targets head sized or smaller.

:ugh:
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Remember our discussion at Sellersburg about the head shoots on the golf stage?

6.22. No shots are to be required at distances greater than ten (10) yards for targets head sized or smaller.

:ugh:

Don't know what happened there, but I gained a substantial lead at IL State (2013) for this issue. The MD from Bluegrass- a tee-total rules club- shot the match, complained about a headshot some 11 yards away and the course got tossed.

I think it was clear they never wanted to see him again, as that stage had a tremendous amount of reset:laugh:

I would have won anyway, but getting it tossed put me about 20 points further ahead LOL

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    This is sick.

9mm I have loaded is too long for my Kahr. Scratch option 1 for the bug match.

It works in my G26 though.

I'm actually looking forward to shooting a Glock.

This makes me feel dirty somehow.

Top Bottom