• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Would anyone going to WSSC tomorrow allow me to bum a Shield 9mm or G26 for the match?
    I don't own anything smaller than a 4.5" gun, but have been thinking of buying something more ccw-friendly, thought it might be a good time to test something out that I've not shot before. :D

Or maybe shoot Mike's G19, it was a crowd-pleaser the first time I shot it cold... :laugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Would anyone going to WSSC tomorrow allow me to bum a Shield 9mm or G26 for the match?
    I don't own anything smaller than a 4.5" gun, but have been thinking of buying something more ccw-friendly, thought it might be a good time to test something out that I've not shot before. :D

Or maybe shoot Mike's G19, it was a crowd-pleaser the first time I shot it cold... :laugh:

Welcome to take turns with the G26 if we r on the same squad

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Had a blast, too. Hats off to the smooth operations. Enjoyed shooting my daily carry, double duty: work and play.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It is always something.

Does seem like the double stack width grip on a G26 or equivalent probably makes things a little easier, especially on the 1 handed stuff.

You are going to have to do several "Hail John Moses Browning" for penance after bringing home the 'W' or you'll have gun issues from here on out!

Seriously, though, Congrats man! Those were some wicked fast times you put up! See you in SSP soon!! *waves*

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks and thanks!

I totally screwed the pooch on my first stage (the 5 shot swinger), figured there was no way that I'd end up with a decent score, and the whole rest of the match I didn't think about anything but the s.o. stuff & just having fun. There might be a lesson there, but I think the thing is that several folks had guns and ammo issues, other folks had gun zero and familiarity stuff, and other folks were deer hunting & etc.. Next time folks will come loaded for bear.
    I'd never shot a whole little gun match before & it seemed that everyone on my squad liked it. The side matches are fun but an 85 round multi stage match is a whole different thing. Kind of USPSA ish with no reload, cover & garment stuff to mess with.

Went to Sellersburgh USPSA Sunday, had gear issues & brain issues & in general couldn't find my butt with both hands, so I'm back on an even keel.

Last USPSA matches of the year at Owensboro Saturday & Terra Haute Sunday, & I think they will be good ones.

PS. If you are in the seniors division & you beat Mike by 17 seconds, is that like beating another senior by 34 seconds or is it just the 17?

Last edited:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Can someone forward the scores to me? I didn't get them this time, which is strange...

Edit: ended up in junk/bulk box for some reason.

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    :D You shot a hell of a match! I discovered that .380 is a bit picker than the 9mm/.45 ACP I'm used to reloading. Thanks to Brad and some eagle-eyed help from Brent we picked out some high primers and I went through the final 2 stages without a single ammo issue. I'm guessing somehow I had a batch that didn't get some primers fully seated and it was getting failure to fire. first time didn't hurt too much but I racked the round out so I went Down 5 right there! then it happened twice on Yoda and that did me in! that was about 10 full seconds of BS I added to my score I didn't need! Without those 3 hiccups I don't know that I could have caught you, you were on fire! Supah Star!!!!! :D

I had a blast doing a full-blown match with the BUG! Everyone on my squad seemed to have a good time, too. I just wish they'd flesh out the rules a bit more and at least allow courses of fire to be more than 5 rounds! but 5 round limited scoring strings didn't seem to take away any fun.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I had a blast doing a full-blown match with the BUG! Everyone on my squad seemed to have a good time, too.

Kind of looking forward to seeing somebody go all Tony Baretta with a wheel gun next time.
    Trockman did well but he is more Frank Cannon (shoot a flying sparrow at 50 yards from a moving car with a snub nose 38) aim and squeeze style.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Kind of looking forward to seeing somebody go all Tony Baretta with a wheel gun next time.
    Trockman did well but he is more Frank Cannon (shoot a flying sparrow at 50 yards from a moving car with a snub nose 38) aim and squeeze style.

I'd say it should be you but since you are now fully vested in Team Glock we will have to wait until another roundy-round shooter comes along! :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hey, I didn't do too shabby... course I was shooting a full-size, so might've had a mild advantage there. :rolleyes:

Gunbagging?

Seems like you haven't done too shabby in a good while.

Which reminds me, next time I think WSSC should insist on holsters. Norton kept saying things like "please hold my bag when I have my gun out" and that is just wrong.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Gunbagging?

Seems like you haven't done too shabby in a good while.

Which reminds me, next time I think WSSC should insist on holsters. Norton kept saying things like "please hold my bag when I have my gun out" and that is just wrong.

LOLOL In all fairness Norton says that all the time though so it shouldn't have came as a big shocker :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hey, I didn't do too shabby... course I was shooting a full-size, so might've had a mild advantage there. :rolleyes:

You kicked some serious butt! Those stages were challenging for any sized gun so there wasn't much of an advantage to shooting a full-size over a BUG..except you could actually load enough rounds to shoot the entire 3-string course instead of stuffing mags like some of us had to! LOL

Top Bottom