• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    We can't go almost 24 hours and have Jeff's post be the latest one!

and speaking of his post...did I just see a slight admission to the merits of the non-steel firearm? Do my eyes deceive me? :D

I do like the plastic stuff for light weight carry & in general for competition when shooting the lady calibers (9mm). For competition though, even when you are shooting the Lavender Larry loads (9mm), a 40 oz gun makes things easier.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I do like the plastic stuff for light weight carry & in general for competition when shooting the lady calibers (9mm). For competition though, even when you are shooting the Lavender Larry loads (9mm), a 40 oz gun makes things easier.

I thought you were the primary advocate of Lady Calibers...but why on Earth would you need to have a heavier gun for those? You aren't one of those 'recoil sensitive types' are you? :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    why on Earth would you need to have a heavier gun for those? You aren't one of those 'recoil sensitive types' are you? :D

If Jim has his 9mm 1911 Saturday & you haven't shot one, you probably are better off if you don't ask him to shoot it :). Really wish that weighted guide rods & etc were legal for ssp, if I were king there would be just one weight limit for everything but wheel guns & how you got there would be your business.

Reminds me, saw a brass magwell or two show up at RB Saturday. I really don't care about that stuff for a local match but I probably should have made sure the person knew that "weighted" stuff was a no no.

I don't know if weight effects recoil sensitivity or if it is just a muzzle control thing. I tend to think it is the flash and the boom that tells the guy in your head to flinch, but maybe not.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    If Jim has his 9mm 1911 Saturday & you haven't shot one, you probably are better off if you don't ask him to shoot it :). Really wish that weighted guide rods & etc were legal for ssp, if I were king there would be just one weight limit for everything but wheel guns & how you got there would be your business.

Reminds me, saw a brass magwell or two show up at RB Saturday. I really don't care about that stuff for a local match but I probably should have made sure the person knew that "weighted" stuff was a no no.

I don't know if weight effects recoil sensitivity or if it is just a muzzle control thing. I tend to think it is the flash and the boom that tells the guy in your head to flinch, but maybe not.

I like the way you think- one weight for all pistols would be great, likewise two power floors, if a guy wanted to have a "one gun shoots all" (40) for every division and USPSA. As to the plastic vs metal business, I think I've only shot Jeff's STI and can't remember if it was 9 or 40. Whatever it was, it was a sweet shooter. I like my M&Ps and I doubt it would make any difference in performance shooting plastic or metal, but if I was a serious bottom feeder shooter I'd have one.

Right on about the flinch business too.

I am concerned that you might be getting soft though. The old Jeff would have just DQed the brass magwells on sight and told them to go read the RB to find out why.

Speaking of plastic guns and DQs, looks like I'll be running a squad through at WSSC Saturday for the morning groups. Glad to help out. Not sure if I'll shoot or not but I might bring the M&P9 just to see what happens when you do 0 practice and have 0 idea of what your loads are doing at 20 yards. Maybe, maybe not. I can also bring a 625 and gear if anyone wants to make an ESR run.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just tossing this out for Saturday if anyone is interested. I know the new RB allows for loading a mag up for the classifier, but a more efficient way for ssp/esp is the following:

Stage 1: Load mags 9, 12, 9
    Stage 2: Load mags 12, 6, 12
    Stage 3: Load'em up!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I am concerned that you might be getting soft though. The old Jeff would have just DQed the brass magwells on sight and told them to go read the RB to find out why.

I did make two trigger calls Saturday & an accidental discharge dq the week before :).

I think I'm a wimp when it comes to gun technicalities & close cover calls though.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just tossing this out for Saturday if anyone is interested. I know the new RB allows for loading a mag up for the classifier, but a more efficient way for ssp/esp is the following:

Stage 1: Load mags 9, 12, 9
    Stage 2: Load mags 12, 6, 12
    Stage 3: Load'em up!

WSSC is all about the Load 'em up mags, too! It helps move it a long quite nicely!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Just keep pounding away at them on the IDPA message boards and maybe one day they'll listen LOL

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    I like the way you think- one weight for all pistols would be great, likewise two power floors, if a guy wanted to have a "one gun shoots all" (40) for every division and USPSA. As to the plastic vs metal business, I think I've only shot Jeff's STI and can't remember if it was 9 or 40. Whatever it was, it was a sweet shooter. I like my M&Ps and I doubt it would make any difference in performance shooting plastic or metal, but if I was a serious bottom feeder shooter I'd have one.

Right on about the flinch business too.

Speaking of plastic guns and DQs, looks like I'll be running a squad through at WSSC Saturday for the morning groups. Glad to help out. Not sure if I'll shoot or not but I might bring the M&P9 just to see what happens when you do 0 practice and have 0 idea of what your loads are doing at 20 yards. Maybe, maybe not. I can also bring a 625 and gear if anyone wants to make an ESR run.

Hummm!....wheel gun sounds fun and I have 100 rounds federal!:draw:

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    No, but if Grelber isn't looking we can do a cross draw:laugh:

That's the one (got the "issue-that-we-don't-speak-of-to-Jeff" fixed). Times are good, I've been drafted from 8-12.
    For sure, will not discuss that. Lets try the 8 a.m. time slot for the 625, I will be there early.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom