• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Wondering seriously about the wheel gun Saturday.

Now that makes it tempting for me to come out- to see the the Jone's Loc-ness 625 and maybe even get it on film!:laugh:

But, I'll simply have to trust the accounts of witnesses there. Shoot well everyone!

Hmm....I think SCCC IDPA is today. Probably should have thought about that earlier. Oh well.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    It pains me to not be there today but I am headed to New Harmonie with the family to lounge by the pool! Best of luck to all that are out to class up!
    Redbrush put on a very nice classifier, great weather and my shooting sucked. Between me and the gun we had bad day, two failure to slide lock (my finger), two failure to fire (very dirty striker cavity), and shot one target once two many rounds (my dumb@$$). LOL!:runaway::poop::ugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Redbrush put on a very nice classifier, great weather and my shooting sucked. Between me and the gun we had bad day, two failure to slide lock (my finger), two failure to fire (very dirty striker cavity), and shot one target once two many rounds (my dumb@$$). LOL!:runaway::poop::ugh:

Could have been much worse.
    I had 2 procedurals called on dgtk & then screwed up & had to give him a stage reshoot :( , (and I shot all feathers and no chickens).

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Could have been much worse.
    I had 2 procedurals called on dgtk & then screwed up & had to give him a stage reshoot :( , (and I shot all feathers and no chickens).
    That was pretty funny, the rare occasion where a reshoot worked in my favor. But even with that I pretty much stunk it up! Chomping at the bit for a chance to erase the memory at WSSC this weekend

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Dude! That sucks! Which one where you shooting?

I hope I get a chance to make a Classifier run at WSSC. hopefully if somebody didn't have a stellar one the next one there will give you the results you were looking for.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Dude! That sucks! Which one where you shooting?

I hope I get a chance to make a Classifier run at WSSC. hopefully if somebody didn't have a stellar one the next one there will give you the results you were looking for.
    XDM 5.25, I have changed my cleaning process and went to a somewhat more dirty powder and the combination got me, the gun has been "completely" cleaned now and I will run it through an IDPA match today in Marion, IL. And each time that it did not go to slide lock I would just top off with fresh mag and forget to chamber a round, tough day, shot a 112.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    XDM 5.25, I have changed my cleaning process and went to a somewhat more dirty powder and the combination got me, the gun has been "completely" cleaned now and I will run it through an IDPA match today in Marion, IL. And each time that it did not go to slide lock I would just top off with fresh mag and forget to chamber a round, tough day, shot a 112.

Ouch. Yeah, that would be enough to make you want to roll it up early! Once something like that starts happening it sticks with you and you take it to every string wondering if it going to happen again.

What at powder were you using?

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    awesome! You think it just needed a good cleaning?
    Yes, I clean gun alot, but not the internals of the slide assembly, also noticed tonight that the magazine springs are getting somewhat weak compared to the new mags that I have that are unused. The older mag springs (6 months old/1000 rounds through each) do not click the slide release hard into up position, was not an issue today but will replace them this week, I do not even leave mags loaded overnight for competition guns.:spend::dunno:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yes, I clean gun alot, but not the internals of the slide assembly, also noticed tonight that the magazine springs are getting somewhat weak compared to the new mags that I have that are unused. The older mag springs (6 months old/1000 rounds through each) do not click the slide release hard into up position, was not an issue today but will replace them this week, I do not even leave mags loaded overnight for competition guns.:spend::dunno:

A few extra springs could go a long way! How many mags do you have for it?

Top Bottom