• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    For a Classifier it would be awesome if you could put up the easy-ups over the targets but I don't think we have enough of those at WSSC to cover 4 COF's worth of targets. But, a couple of chaps with an engineering background, some tarps and a few pieces of wood could probably build something... or we go buy $4 umbrellas at WalMart and stick them on the targets to keep them out of the rain!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    There ya go, new club investment! More pop-up shelters for rainy day shooting fun. :D

A couple of make-shift tarps over the targets would go a long way. Since you really don't need that much to cover them it might make it a lot easier to shoot.

I love shooting and in any weather but i'm getting a bit weary of rain and our matches! I think the last 3 times I've shot I've been rained on!

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Man, what a fun and challenging day. Knocked the dust off the ole 1911 springfield and got to shoot a borrowed s & w 625 pc through the classifier, classified both guns as sharpshooter, it was not easy for me since I spend almost NO time with the 1911 and today was the first time I had holstered a revolver, wow what a change-up, thank you for the opportunity TJ. Did you keep the boxes from the failed federal ammo, I found 9 more bullets that were partially pulled.:wow:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It was a great day! I had to head out early, around 3:30 or so but it was a ton of fun! Shot Jeff's 625 and what an experience! Trigger is ways shorter than I expected and I had a few rounds take off before I was completely set lol but it is all good! Might have to get one of those one of these days!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Man, what a fun and challenging day. Knocked the dust off the ole 1911 springfield and got to shoot a borrowed s & w 625 pc through the classifier, classified both guns as sharpshooter, it was not easy for me since I spend almost NO time with the 1911 and today was the first time I had holstered a revolver, wow what a change-up, thank you for the opportunity TJ. Did you keep the boxes from the failed federal ammo, I found 9 more bullets that were partially pulled.:wow:

I think I did see those in the bag, so they're probably still around. You thinking about contacting Federal? They definitely need to know this is not acceptable.

Sellersburg 2015, all revolver squad, we gotta do this! :D

That would be awesome!

Don't tease me.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    id be all about it and maybe that is the next gun I pick up...just can't decide between ESR and SSR. There needs to be a 6-shot 9 mm revolver for IDPA ( you hear me talking Ruger?Smith?)

S&W is ahead of you Mike and has been for several years now. It's a model 547. They go for 700-800ish on GB unless you want to skip all the bidding stuff and fork over 1200 bones S&W 547 Rare 9mm Revolver almost LNIB 1983 MINT : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Or, you can give 500ish for a Charter Arms 9 six shooter Charter Arms Pitbull 9 MM 6 Shot 9MM : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

But, I don't think you really want to go 9 in a six shooter. Rimless cartridges require clips, clips put you in ESR, ESR=major 9. Don't know about you, but I'll pass on that one:laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    id be all about it and maybe that is the next gun I pick up...just can't decide between ESR and SSR. There needs to be a 6-shot 9 mm revolver for IDPA ( you hear me talking Ruger?Smith?)

I personally like ESR, obviously. SSR seems to have more shooters outside of our local venues. SSR guys get made fun of by ESR guys, asking them when they will upgrade to a man's gun and loads. In either case, revo is by far the funnest division in IDPA.

And, on a day like today while bottom feeders are getting all dramatic and burning tons of time trying to figure out if they have 5 or 6 in their gun to slidelock reload, it is very satisfactory to just drop a clip in and rock on:pimp:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I personally like ESR, obviously. SSR seems to have more shooters outside of our local venues. SSR guys get made fun of by ESR guys, asking them when they will upgrade to a man's gun and loads. In either case, revo is by far the funnest division in IDPA.

And, on a day like today while bottom feeders are getting all dramatic and burning tons of time trying to figure out if they have 5 or 6 in their gun to slidelock reload, it is very satisfactory to just drop a clip in and rock on:pimp:

I could easily see picking up an ESR rig! It was a ton of fun and maybe that is what Santa brings this Christmas :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom