• ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Nothing going on but the rent... :laugh:

Slow month plus not one, but two classifiers makes for a quiet thread.

Crickets for sure.

I'm thinking I'll miss both the classifiers at WSSC or RB. I'm happy to help SO a squad through if either club wants me to help.

On the subject of missing matches, I got such a messed up start to this season that I might just forgo any majors in the fall and put all my energy into the four legged walking brown targets. My crossbow has seen 100% more practice time as of late than my 625:D. Current plan is to come back with a vengeance.....or at least show up....once all the tags are filled. I'd kinda like to shoot the World match and S&W again. I believe I can make it into S&W but it will be the sheer benevolence of the match registrar if I can make the World match without a point to my name:laugh:

I do plan on making the local RB and WSSC matches. Those are just too fun and close to pass up.

But, it's all good with the classifier stuff. I know there are some guys that really want to make MA and find life probably isn't complete until they do. I really and truly hope they burn the classifier down and class up as they wish. Same for everyone else that wants to class up or feels they need to.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Slow month plus not one, but two classifiers makes for a quiet thread.

Plus no shoot at Lewisport this month :(.
    On the other hand, there is Riley & Sellersburgh for anyone else who would need a padded room after a summer month with no shooting :).

Crickets for sure.

I'm thinking I'll miss both the classifiers at WSSC or RB. I'm happy to help SO a squad through if either club wants me to help.

I don't know if it is going to work out for me to make both or either, wouldn't mind going and shooting or going and just s.o.ing or just b.s.ing though. I think I'd start regretting not shooting as soon as the shooting starts though.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I still say RB needs to allow for club setup to go towards work hours, like WSSC does. :D

I'd be inclined to just setup and/or run a timer if I didn't plan on classifying.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I still say RB needs to allow for club setup to go towards work hours, like WSSC does. :D

I'd be inclined to just setup and/or run a timer if I didn't plan on classifying.

that would go a long long way!!

I don't need the Classifier but if I want to stay sharp I should probably shoot them both! That does hurt that RB moved from last month to this putting both clubs into Classifier Confusion! :D

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I did my day last month, help was pretty sparse, do not hold your breath :).

Yeah, I can look at it from both sides of the fence. If there's not much help, what can ya do, outside of removing the penalty fee and make it a mandatory, and I'm not sure if I'd be on board for that either. :dunno:

Think I'm gonna do mine next weekend if it's not blazing outside. Leaves me time to go to WSSC if I choose, as it's not a regular match.

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Hmmm.....if it's a classifier I'll probably pass. I know Scott recommends the classifier to show weaknesses, which is true, but I can run it a lot faster in my backyard.

MA class sort of takes the wind out of one's classifier sails. Could run ESP, but I'm not going to shoot in that division so there's really no point.

Good thing is that the WSSC guys can get a classification in before running their own classifier.

Last year we ran 2 hour cycles on the classifier. You came in at an appointed time and shot in squads of 4. We ran 4 squads by breaking the first stage at string 4 right after the pasting. We are doing the same this year. Shooters will be in and out in two hours. Not the marathon event like RB.

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Plus no shoot at Lewisport this month :(.
    On the other hand, there is Riley & Sellersburgh for anyone else who would need a padded room after a summer month with no shooting :).

I don't know if it is going to work out for me to make both or either, wouldn't mind going and shooting or going and just s.o.ing or just b.s.ing though. I think I'd start regretting not shooting as soon as the shooting starts though.

I shot the Lewisport all paper "Hoser" match the week before last. They rolled out Kindles for scoring but did dual scoring on the original paper. (at least our squad did). It locked up once near the end of the match but they got it working later we and jammed everything in to catch it up. Its been a week and a half and no scores. Anyone hear anything?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Fishing it is then LOL

That doesn't sound like a bad alternative! I'm 50/50 on RB this Saturday especially since next weekend will be a long one with me working the Classifier then so I may just take a pass since so many others are and shoot at WSSC or just wait until after Sellersberg. I still want MA but 2 weeks in a row is bleh....

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    They emailed them in the past

Hum I have been shooting there 3 years and never got e-mail results. They always posted the results on their website. They didn't post the stages or results from this months match to the website. I do get email notification of upcoming matches.
    I whined to Gary for months to post the scores on the USPSA site and that also triggers the results going to the combined results site. I wanted this because it gives a lot of info like your points % and other info that their website or Practiscore doesn't give. He finally got tired of hearing me whine:): and started posting the results to USPSA site. Not sure what happened this month with the results posted only to Practiscore.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I did my day last month, help was pretty sparse, do not hold your breath :).

One thing that I've mentioned to the powers at RB is that not everyone works 9-5. I sure don't, 7am is the middle of my night.
    I've tried to get them to offer work assignments that could start at noon or such. I'd be all over that to help.
    I know how to fix lights, paint, sweep, whatever. You know, the lights that have not worked in two years.
    Anyway, I know I'm dreaming.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I haven't shot since May so I'm there rain or shine. Will prolly need to go to WSSC the following week to try & erase the poor performance from my memory

It has been a while since we've seen you out there! I'm pretty much going to be a no-show on Saturday. Family wants to go to New Harmonie to swim and such and that might be where I am...especially tempting since I'll be working the Classifier at WSSC and I really don't want to long weekends in a row... besides, I have Guardians of the Galaxy to watch and popcorn and Hacienda to eat on Saturday!!

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Im going to run this plastic Springfield today, should be a fun day, hope you all change your minds and come shoot, the smell of gun powder in early morning.....AHHHH!:nuts::p

Top Bottom