NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    It is known that Harbor Freight is ass but what is less known is that their knockoffs of Pelican cases are actually pretty good.
    Some of the tools are not bad. I don't frequent there very often. I have a pretty good tool collection. I picked up a few hatchets for throwing. After I learned they are not the best, too heavy. Sockets seem to be great. At least the old ones. I got a set of impacts that are a couple decades old. That I have used a lot. Some are a little worn. But you get that on tools used a lot. I have a 30 ton press that has also done pretty well. The jack leaks a bit.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    People put water on their grass?
    Confused Jeremy Renner GIF (GIF Image)

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Some of the tools are not bad. I don't frequent there very often. I have a pretty good tool collection. I picked up a few hatchets for throwing. After I learned they are not the best, too heavy. Sockets seem to be great. At least the old ones. I got a set of impacts that are a couple decades old. That I have used a lot. Some are a little worn. But you get that on tools used a lot. I have a 30 ton press that has also done pretty well. The jack leaks a bit.
    Back in 2010-2012 I worked at Sears in the Auto Center and my Harbor Freight tools from them are still going strong. Just had one socket where the paint wore off and still using it.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Are Harbor Freight tools worth it though?
    I think so. As long as you understand their limitations. Electric tools are light duty. Gas powered are hit and miss. Most hand tools are pretty good. I picked up a gas post hole digger and beat the heck out of it. Concrete, roots, and rocks. Really surprised it is still running well. I thought I would kill it and have to replace it. I would not use an electric grinder or air compressor in a shop, but for a once in a while, for a DIY guy probably hold up well enough.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    There ICON line is very comparable to snap on/matco etc. they sell a lot of junk but those are fantastic. It’s a newer line for them, but they're really doing good with it.
    I have heard they are really good... From what I seen the Icon line is a lot more than the Pittsburg? line.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Are Harbor Freight tools worth it though?
    There gas engines are good and way less expensive. They are Honda clones. HF was sued by Honda because they were too cloned so they changed a few things. Have one on my leaf vac for 4 seasons and we vac 2 acres of heavy oak.

Top Bottom