• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I had my son be the stand-in for a few of the stages LOL I think Jay has some video as well. It was a ton of fun and the BUG match after was one of the biggest! I think I enjoy BUG more than any of the other types/styles of side-match. I love my carbine and shotgun but so many ranges make it hard to practice with one or the other so my pistols get the most workout.

was as really hoping to make it even if only for the BUG match. Haven't shot one of them yet &, from TJ's comments, sounds like my XD is going to be nixed from the approved list in the upcoming rules changes

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hopefully they don't go overboard on the BUG rules. I do think that some guns aren't 'BUG's. My Glock 30 is what some people would carry as a primary and it falls into their BUG rule but .03" on barrel length. I think a simple weight limit or BUG Box would work. It isn't going to satisfy everyone but the popularity of the BUG and the minimal rules they initially came out with have caused them a bit of grief I'm sure. I have 2 quality BUGs so I'm good to go no matter what they do :D lol

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Hopefully they don't go overboard on the BUG rules. I do think that some guns aren't 'BUG's. My Glock 30 is what some people would carry as a primary and it falls into their BUG rule but .03" on barrel length. lol

I couldn't make an honest argument for keeping the XD on the list either, but there's a whole bunch of full size pistols on my bucket list ahead of a BUG. AT least until I shoot the 1st side match & get hooked :)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I couldn't make an honest argument for keeping the XD on the list either, but there's a whole bunch of full size pistols on my bucket list ahead of a BUG. AT least until I shoot the 1st side match & get hooked :)

The BUG match is what really got me burning for that G42 so between that and the LCP I have I can BUG until I can't BUG no more! LOL It is some serious fun...so fast and probably the purest example of what IDPA really is all about.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Hopefully they don't go overboard on the BUG rules. I do think that some guns aren't 'BUG's. My Glock 30 is what some people would carry as a primary and it falls into their BUG rule but .03" on barrel length. I think a simple weight limit or BUG Box would work. It isn't going to satisfy everyone but the popularity of the BUG and the minimal rules they initially came out with have caused them a bit of grief I'm sure. I have 2 quality BUGs so I'm good to go no matter what they do :D lol

I spoke with IDPA headquarters personnel a couple days ago on some questions that I had, while I had them on the phone I asked about BUG rule changes to come, the person felt confident that there will be a "box" and did not think that weight would be as critical as size. IDPA members will have opportunity to voice opinions later in year.:rules:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I spoke with IDPA headquarters personnel a couple days ago on some questions that I had, while I had them on the phone I asked about BUG rule changes to come, the person felt confident that there will be a "box" and did not think that weight would be as critical as size. IDPA members will have opportunity to voice opinions later in year.:rules:

BUG BOX seems to be the way to go and it would still give you a ton of options for your BUG. A BUG should be light weight but that isn't it's primary attribute. Size, or lack of size, is probably numero uno there for a true BUG. I'm on board.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Speaking of honesty:

"It depends. When it comes to something to compete with or carry I tend to stay almost exclusively with the same brand."

Anyone want to venture a guess as to who wrote this?:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Speaking of honesty:

"It depends. When it comes to something to compete with or carry I tend to stay almost exclusively with the same brand."

Anyone want to venture a guess as to who wrote this?:laugh:

A very honest and unbiased guy! When I use my M&P in IDPA I carry it...(and hope the old S&W doesn't rust...again....for the 5th time...;)) And when I use my G34 I have my 19. :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A very honest and unbiased guy! When I use my M&P in IDPA I carry it...(and hope the old S&W doesn't rust...again....for the 5th time...;)) And when I use my G34 I have my 19. :D

Hmmm, for the sake of consistency you switch carry guns every month?

The Kolonel is down to about 15 slots left, in case anyone is on the fence.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    I was practicing at WSSC range yesterday with my CDP gun, when a couple guys down on one of the 50 yard bench were shooting a new Colt ar 15, the shooter was running some of his reloads through gun, the owner of the brand new gun was standing and watching, the gun made a very loud and odd sounding "kaboom". I stood there and watched for a short bit to make sure everything was o.k., the gun smoked from both ends the entire time it took me to walk down to them and ask if they were both o.k., the shooter had a small cut on his left forearm from when the magazine exploded, but everyone was o.k. The magazine grenaded, the upper was extremely swelled on both side, it broke the bolt into pieces and the dust cover was even bent bad, scary moment for me, so just be careful who you shoot arround, the upper is destroyed, can a double charge do this much damage?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I was practicing at WSSC range yesterday with my CDP gun, when a couple guys down on one of the 50 yard bench were shooting a new Colt ar 15, the shooter was running some of his reloads through gun, the owner of the brand new gun was standing and watching, the gun made a very loud and odd sounding "kaboom". I stood there and watched for a short bit to make sure everything was o.k., the gun smoked from both ends the entire time it took me to walk down to them and ask if they were both o.k., the shooter had a small cut on his left forearm from when the magazine exploded, but everyone was o.k. The magazine grenaded, the upper was extremely swelled on both side, it broke the bolt into pieces and the dust cover was even bent bad, scary moment for me, so just be careful who you shoot arround, the upper is destroyed, can a double charge do this much damage?

Easily..so can an undercharged round....so can com-block rounds that were sabotaged.

Shame to happen to any gun, especially a Colt.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Easily..so can an undercharged round....so can com-block rounds that were sabotaged.

Shame to happen to any gun, especially a Colt.
    I was amazed of how the all metal upper was so easily destroyed, can you go into more detail on undercharged and com-block rounds. I reload 9 mm and 45 acp only and always willing to listen to experience. I would be sick if I blew-up any gun, but especially a buddies gun, that has to suck for him.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I was amazed of how the all metal upper was so easily destroyed, can you go into more detail on undercharged and com-block rounds. I reload 9 mm and 45 acp only and always willing to listen to experience. I would be sick if I blew-up any gun, but especially a buddies gun, that has to suck for him.

Saw a person shoot a 1911 45 acp with a double charge of bullseye for what it is worth.

Weird sound when it fired but not dramatically loud.
    Smoke cloud around gun & shooters head.
    Smoke blast residue on shooters face & hands. Glasses are a good thing!
    Magazine was blown out of the gun & mangled a bit. Lead in bullets in mag was pushed down deep into bullets, sort of stair stepped with lead pushed way down on top bullet & lesser distance on lower bullets.
    Both wooden grips were broken & partially flew off gun.

Shooter was aok, gun was sent back to factory (Les Baer) & pronounced aok.

We had a shooter at RB who's gun was firing out of battery. When it happened it would blow mag out of gun & sort of shrapnel the back part of the brass.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

The idea behind an undercharged round causing a detonation is that the burn cycle produces a pressure spike which causes the bullet to either not move from the case or move right out of the case and stop. The resulting powder/pressure mix does what it does right there in their chamber instead of down the barrel. I personally can't imagine a situation in which this would happen to a non-magnum pistol round, just due to the powder used. It becomes a little more probable to me in a rifle or large magnum pistol case. Fairly sure the 500s and so forth I've seen blow up where caused by this or by using the wrong powder.

Some com-bloc ammo was intentionally sabotaged by the manufacturers for the purpose of blowing guns up. Basically a government would make the rounds and either mix it in with intercepted orders or just put it in enemy caches. The Russians did a lot of this, but we did too during Nam.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    No fun losing a gun to a mishap at the reloading bench. Glad everyone was ok but that had to sting in more ways than one to have that happen. Feel badly for both people involved.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    From Whittakers FB page:

"Are you a Springfield Fanatic? Come see us this weekend! Talk to the rep, enter to win a Springfield XD and two other give-a-ways. Remember with any purchase you get $25 store credit to anything you'd like and a choice out of the springfield goodie box that contains hats, water bottles, t-shirts, and few other things.
    Good for today and tomorrow only"

I'm sure Brad and his disciples are all giddy about this one:laugh:

Top Bottom