• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    After looking over the scores, with that type of match, one bad stage can wreck you! But there were several stages where people were putting up some incredible times! A couple of sub 2-second runs and several sub 3-second times on there!

Yeah, in short stage matches a smooth, fast draw and accuracy is crucial. One also needs to remember to put the right mindset in when going from a close/fast hoser stage to a longer shot stage. I probably should have followed that advice in the BUG match:laugh: Malfunctions will kill in a match like this too.

There was some smoking fast times on these stages. If I've got this right, these are the stage wins but there was lots of times within hundreths of them.

"The Shootist" (6 rounds) 1.68 (Milam)
    "Death Wish" (? Rounds) 2.91 (Fawcett)
    "Raiders" (2 rounds) 2.08 (Fawcett)
    "Collateral" (6 rounds) 1.21 (Milam)
    "Josey" (6 rounds) 3.19 (Milam)
    "Star Wars" (2 rounds) 1.55 (Basden)
    "Django" (? rounds) 1.78 (Basden)
    "Good/Bad/Ugly (4 rounds) 2.18 (Milam)
    "Dirty Harry (6 rounds) 3.33 (Harrison)

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Yeah, in short stage matches a smooth, fast draw and accuracy is crucial. One also needs to remember to put the right mindset in when going from a close/fast hoser stage to a longer shot stage. I probably should have followed that advice in the BUG match:laugh: Malfunctions will kill in a match like this too.

There was some smoking fast times on these stages. If I've got this right, these are the stage wins but there was lots of times within hundreths of them.

Wow!...no sandbaggin going on here, you guys rock!:bowdown:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

There were some scary close scores on several of those! Love the quick and dirty stages. Not that many places you can make a mistake and get away with it and with almost zero movement there were no real options to make it up with your legs...it was all on the trigger! That was some good stuff and I'm ready for more.

I will throw this out for everybody that sincerely enjoyed the BUG matches... I believe WSSC is looking to do a lot more with the BUG so picking up a cheap holster, an extra magazine for two for your BUG or a speed loader might not be a bad idea!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    There were some scary close scores on several of those! Love the quick and dirty stages. Not that many places you can make a mistake and get away with it and with almost zero movement there were no real options to make it up with your legs...it was all on the trigger! That was some good stuff and I'm ready for more.

I will throw this out for everybody that sincerely enjoyed the BUG matches... I believe WSSC is looking to do a lot more with the BUG so picking up a cheap holster, an extra magazine for two for your BUG or a speed loader might not be a bad idea!

Count me in! You forgot getting a new dedicated BUG gun for these matches- I think you're slipping dude.

Uhm....I had speedloaders with me but after the scores and a phone call I just grabbed the ammo box and got through it. Jay did an EXCELLENT job of being my ammo caddy.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Count me in! You forgot getting a new dedicated BUG gun for these matches- I think you're slipping dude.

Uhm....I had speedloaders with me but after the scores and a phone call I just grabbed the ammo box and got through it. Jay did an EXCELLENT job of being my ammo caddy.

Im waiting for that new dedicated BUG gun, after the new rules at end of year are posted, I guess. What do you guys think will be legal for BUG as for as barrel length?:dunno:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Your ammo sir.

:laugh:
    Im waiting for that new dedicated BUG gun, after the new rules at end of year are posted, I guess. What do you guys think will be legal for BUG as for as barrel length?:dunno:

Who knows- I mean seriously, no one knows what they will come up with. I started a thread on the IDPA forum about this topic, seeing if any of the ACs would weigh in. Basically everybody hates l and n frame revolvers being there. I personally think barrel length won't be as much an issue as weight. No 1911s, no extended mag XDs, no n-frames. That's just my guess.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Who knows- I mean seriously, no one knows what they will come up with. I started a thread on the IDPA forum about this topic, seeing if any of the ACs would weigh in. Basically everybody hates l and n frame revolvers being there. I personally think barrel length won't be as much an issue as weight. No 1911s, no extended mag XDs, no n-frames. That's just my guess.

Im all about the .380 in BUG :D bring it on!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I hope you have a good Glock 42, Google "Glock 42 jamming", mine was one of the early serial numbers and was not a good one, Glock does not wanna talk about it over the phone of course they said its an inconsistent failure.:spend:

So far almost 200 rounds through the G42 and it has been perfect. Slow-fire, rapid-fire and it groups incredibly well, too. I hope they can get it sorted out for you.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    So far almost 200 rounds through the G42 and it has been perfect. Slow-fire, rapid-fire and it groups incredibly well, too. I hope they can get it sorted out for you.

Yes, the little Glock is going back to meet its maker, the people at Glock have always been very eager to help with issues, definitely no disappointment with customer service.:runaway::runaway:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yes, the little Glock is going back to meet its maker, the people at Glock have always been very eager to help with issues, definitely no disappointment with customer service.:runaway::runaway:

Of the times I've sent stuff back, Ruger was the easiest to deal with. They were no muss no fuss all the way from beginning to end. Oddly enough when my M&P went back to the Mother Ship it was the time it was my fault and that was the easiest. They should have had an attitude with me since I was the one that shot the squib and tore the gun up but the guy on the phone was incredible. The first 3 or 4 times I sent it back to have S&W look at it you'd think I had asked for their first born...everything was my fault... nobody can find a reason... I've done something to the gun to cause it to rust (despite a number of posts on other forums talking about rust issues and other problems) I send pictures of where the was was... asked to be called back by a tech and never was... bought some things directly from Glock twice and they were as nice as could be. You must have had your Springfield shirt on maybe LOL

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    ...everything was my fault...

Maybe their betrayal meter was going off:dunno:

I've had to send one gun back to the factory, a Ruger LCR years ago. Return spring broke within 100 rds. My LGS (Dave's Gunshop in Holland) handled all of the sending in and so forth and I never actually talked to Ruger.

I called S&W about replacing a broken hammer stud on a very, very worn out 625. They said it would cost about $110, so I just moved the gun on being clear about the issue. Guy that got it called S&W and they told him to send it in. They replaced it and refinished FREE! Guess they figured I'd just buy another one but that guy wouldn't:laugh:

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    9]Of the times I've sent stuff back, Ruger was the easiest to deal with. They were no muss no fuss all the way from beginning to end. Oddly enough when my M&P went back to the Mother Ship it was the time it was my fault and that was the easiest. They should have had an attitude with me since I was the one that shot the squib and tore the gun up but the guy on the phone was incredible. The first 3 or 4 times I sent it back to have S&W look at it you'd think I had asked for their first born...everything was my fault... nobody can find a reason... I've done something to the gun to cause it to rust (despite a number of posts on other forums talking about rust issues and other problems) I send pictures of where the was was... asked to be called back by a tech and never was... bought some things directly from Glock twice and they were as nice as could be. You must have had your Springfield shirt on maybe LOL[/QUOTE]

Guys, dont get me wrong, in an earlier post I stated that Glock did not want to discuss this problem, but they were very eager to make me happy with Glock, just sayin!:popcorn:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've always taken it that it really depends on the day you call as to what type of customer service rep you get. I'm on the horn all the time with different businesses and the only place I've ever dealt with on more than one occasion that has been 100% is a place called McMaster-Carr. You could hang up and call a place back, get a different person and you are treated like gold LOL I think that is the hallmark of so many gun companies sadly where they put people in the position to answer the phone, not to help but to play goalie and keep the rabble from reaching the actual technicians! UPS is a lot like that...you gotta beat them up about 3 or 4 times before you actually get something done! Sounds like you might have finally landed the right rep! I still think they knew you had your Springfield shirt on :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Maybe their betrayal meter was going off:dunno:

I've had to send one gun back to the factory, a Ruger LCR years ago. Return spring broke within 100 rds. My LGS (Dave's Gunshop in Holland) handled all of the sending in and so forth and I never actually talked to Ruger.

I called S&W about replacing a broken hammer stud on a very, very worn out 625. They said it would cost about $110, so I just moved the gun on being clear about the issue. Guy that got it called S&W and they told him to send it in. They replaced it and refinished FREE! Guess they figured I'd just buy another one but that guy wouldn't:laugh:

LOL That was before the reversal! LOL You can blame Jeff for sending me back to the Dark Side!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've always taken it that it really depends on the day you call as to what type of customer service rep you get. I'm on the horn all the time with different businesses and the only place I've ever dealt with on more than one occasion that has been 100% is a place called McMaster-Carr. You could hang up and call a place back, get a different person and you are treated like gold LOL I think that is the hallmark of so many gun companies sadly where they put people in the position to answer the phone, not to help but to play goalie and keep the rabble from reaching the actual technicians! UPS is a lot like that...you gotta beat them up about 3 or 4 times before you actually get something done! Sounds like you might have finally landed the right rep! I still think they knew you had your Springfield shirt on :D

This has the ring of truth.

No pun intended.

LOL That was before the reversal! LOL You can blame Jeff for sending me back to the Dark Side!

As suspected.

Hope everyone headed down to TN this Saturday shoots well!

Top Bottom