• ...and so much more!
  • Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    You give me several hundred dollars and you're in with a 625pc:D

I'm with Mike on the Bigfoot that is Jeff's 625. However, I know the guy that did the action on it and he said it exists.

He also said- ready for this Brian- "Jeff's gun turned out OK." That's his standards for a "good" action job.
    pm sent

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Don't know if anyone has noticed this yet or not but Rangelog has completely redone our scored matches on the website. It's really cool, in my opinion. Shows you instantly what place you held in your division and then your class among every division. Gives some other stats as well such as where you placed on a particular COF over the whole field and so forth.

Doesn't really matter for older matches, for me anyway, because I can't remember any of them. But for recent majors I think it will help to see how you gain improvement over the pack as a whole.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Well folks, I hope everyone had as enjoyable a day of IDPA as I did! Another great job by the WSSC crew.:rockwoot:Thanks to Mike and Jay for letting me slip out after the BUG match. With the kids having been gone to Bible Camp last week and I really wanted to be here when they showed up.

The rain may not to have been to some folks liking but I've shot enough July/August matches to learn that cloudy, rainy and cool isn't too bad compared to 92 and sunny LOL

Hope everyone shot well!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Well folks, I hope everyone had as enjoyable a day of IDPA as I did! Another great job by the WSSC crew.:rockwoot:Thanks to Mike and Jay for letting me slip out after the BUG match. With the kids having been gone to Bible Camp last week and I really wanted to be here when they showed up.

The rain may not to have been to some folks liking but I've shot enough July/August matches to learn that cloudy, rainy and cool isn't too bad compared to 92 and sunny LOL

Hope everyone shot well!

Yes indeed, with reference to the weather. I noticed it feeling considerably muggier as we walked to the car, as I assume the rain stopped for good.

Good match today by the WSSC crew (even better once I cleaned up my act).
    So how did the BUG run? I kinda wanted to try the G42 again, but the wifey had to get the hair cut, so obviously that took precedence. :laugh:

Also. did you manage to get the extremely moist scores all sorted out? I think I'm going to put a personal clamshell clipboard and extra pens in my bag for just this occasion.

Last edited:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    TJ, what kind of upgrades did you do to your M&P9? That's just a standard 4.25" full-size model you run, eh?

After using the trigger gauge on the 3 pistols I own and getting some good averages, the M&P is actually well over 8 lbs, looking closer to the 9lb mark. CZ is a bit over 6lb at stock. I've seen vids of people testing their stock m&ps and getting like 5.X lbs. :dunno:

Great match WSSC and crew, I sat back and just watched today when I wasn't shooting due to restrictions from dr. and I noticed alot of hard work and coordination took place, very impressed and I had a very good day getting back to shooting and spending time with friends.
    banana.gif
    bacondance.gif
    alright.gif

Good to see you out and about, brother.

Last edited:

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Great match WSSC and crew, I sat back and just watched today when I wasn't shooting due to restrictions from dr. and I noticed alot of hard work and coordination took place, very impressed and I had a very good day getting back to shooting and spending time with friends.:banana::bacondance::alright:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So how did the BUG run?

Also. did you manage to get the extremely moist scores all sorted out? I think I'm going to put a personal clamshell clipboard and extra pens in my bag for just this occasion.

I thought the BUG match went pretty good. I only got to see Trockman shoot (sweet 627 snub), then I ran and had to head to head out.

I "think" I got the sheets legible again:laugh:

TJ, what kind of upgrades did you do to your M&P9? That's just a standard 4.25" full-size model you run, eh?

After using the trigger gauge on the 3 pistols I own and getting some good averages, the M&P is actually well over 8 lbs, looking closer to the 9lb mark. CZ is a bit over 6lb at stock. I've seen vids of people testing their stock m&ps and getting like 5.X lbs. :dunno:

Good to see you out and about, brother.

I've got an APEX DCAEK kit in it, a reduced slide spring and a Dawson front sight. Also a SSS magwell.

As much of a S&W guy as I am, there's really no comparison between a CZ and an M&P. 8-9lbs is stupid heavy, thankfully you only have to pull it 1/8" to fire.

I've got revolvers running almost half that weight. My M&P pulls at about 5.5lb.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I've got an APEX DCAEK kit in it, a reduced slide spring and a Dawson front sight. Also a SSS magwell.

As much of a S&W guy as I am, there's really no comparison between a CZ and an M&P. 8-9lbs is stupid heavy, thankfully you only have to pull it 1/8" to fire.

I've got revolvers running almost half that weight. My M&P pulls at about 5.5lb.

Comparison, as in? I wasn't really sure what the CZ would be, if I had to take a wild guess it would've been 5-6, not having much to compare to.
    I hadn't thought about the trigger pull "maybe" being a culprit until a couple days ago when I really did some super slow dryfire pulls and noticed it was like pulling my finger against a stationary piece of wood after the pre-travel. There is a good audible and tactile reset feel and it isn't quite as gritty as when I first got it, but I know the striker block is part of that problem.

I know you leaned at sticking with the CZ, but I still don't want to give up on the Smith, as I shoot Mike's 4.25 Pro pretty decently for having only minor time with it. :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I am flat worn out but in the best way possible! BUG is quickly becoming my favorite style of match. Quick and dirty, no concealment lol I thnk there were probably 20 BUG shooters today or more and they were ran through 3 COFs in about an hour. Well done all around. You could tell a few workers were running on 'Empty' towards the end but I believe everybody made it out alive!

Ill second that about the weather... I'll shoot in that rain any day over the 120 degree killers that we had 2 years ago.,,I just gotta quit taking my hat out if my range bag! LOLOL

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Comparison, as in? I wasn't really sure what the CZ would be, if I had to take a wild guess it would've been 5-6, not having much to compare to.
    I hadn't thought about the trigger pull "maybe" being a culprit until a couple days ago when I really did some super slow dryfire pulls and noticed it was like pulling my finger against a stationary piece of wood after the pre-travel. There is a good audible and tactile reset feel and it isn't quite as gritty as when I first got it, but I know the striker block is part of that problem.

I know you leaned at sticking with the CZ, but I still don't want to give up on the Smith, as I shoot Mike's 4.25 Pro pretty decently for having only minor time with it. :D

CZs are hand fitted pieces of metal art, as far as mass production guns go. M&Ps, Glocks, Rugers, etc are all "let's get this mold to this tolerance and crank these dudes out to make a killing!" type of operations. The most thought put into any of these guns is the M&Ps grip.

Thing is, this method of producing plastic guns are putting out good weapons. They will all work, most of the time. CZs rise above good to the level of nice weapons. All of them can be improve with a little tweaking.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Scores are up from WSSC if anyone needs them.

Yeah, I rocked it:pimp: Truly incredible what mental management (gun wasn't handled since RB)..........and a match with no reloads can do.:laugh:

Choked on the BUG match, which was not cool, but also not unexpected. Good job on the BUG match Brian.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I pulled a headshot low on the Godfather stage...that hurt! The steel stage hurt...but considering all but 2 stages I shot were on a torrential downpour and my glasses were a complete mess....I'll take it! Ready for the next one.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Once again, thank you to the WSSC crew for putting on a great match all the while keeping it safe!
    We don't say it often enough, but your hard work is truly appreciated by most of us, even if it doesn't seem so at times.
    I know there is a lot of volunteer hours go into these matches and we have a better shooting community because of the dedication!

And man, the special effects with the rain right on cue, two matches in a row! Now THAT's great work! lol.

Seriously, a big thank you to the WSSC crew! You know who you are.
    My hats off to you all.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Once again, thank you to the WSSC crew for putting on a great match all the while keeping it safe!
    We don't say it often enough, but your hard work is truly appreciated by most of us, even if it doesn't seem so at times.
    I know there is a lot of volunteer hours go into these matches and we have a better shooting community because of the dedication!

And man, the special effects with the rain right on cue, two matches in a row! Now THAT's great work! lol.

Seriously, a big thank you to the WSSC crew! You know who you are.
    My hats off to you all.

Jay and Jim put in a lot of quality time with the Weather Channel in getting just the right amount of precipitation for each match :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    After looking over the scores, with that type of match, one bad stage can wreck you! But there were several stages where people were putting up some incredible times! A couple of sub 2-second runs and several sub 3-second times on there!

Top Bottom