Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    This has the ring of truth.

No pun intended.

As suspected.

Hope everyone headed down to TN this Saturday shoots well!

That is one of the most frustrating parts of my job... something is wrong and you just want it fixed and you get nothing but those 'goalies' standing in your way. I spend so much time on the phone at work I all but refuse to speak on the phone at home! Only my mother gets to talk to me there LOL That and automated answering services...just pay people, the right people, to answer the phones if you are open for business! *rant over*

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Well, I parlayed with some folks at S&W and they want the m&p back, so I guess I'll see what they can do before doing any polishing/part swaps.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Has anyone signed up for the "Southern Kentucky BUG Championship" match or are you?:stickpoke:

Lord willing, I plan on making it if I can get my act together. My act being attaining the 3" l or k frame I want and getting it all gamered out. My grandfather's got a 3" model 24 (44 special) that I could probably use but that thing is such a beauty I kind of hate to play games with it. If I can't make those options happen I guess I'll have to be awesome the hard way with my j-frame.

Hate that it's right smack in the middle of deer season.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    That is one of the most frustrating parts of my job... something is wrong and you just want it fixed and you get nothing but those 'goalies' standing in your way. I spend so much time on the phone at work I all but refuse to speak on the phone at home! Only my mother gets to talk to me there LOL That and automated answering services...just pay people, the right people, to answer the phones if you are open for business! *rant over*

It is a pain. Just yesterday we had a beef with Best Buy over not showing us reward points for the purchases made during the appliance apocalypse. Called some 800 number "nothing we can do". Yeah, wrong family to say that to. Called the store and manager 1 says "nothing we can do" to which she then received a very clear understanding that there was something they could do and they were going to do. Told her to give us the general manager over that store and he's like "yeah, no problem, here's what needs to happen." :laugh:

I agree with the person your talking to making all the difference. There's one type of person that hears a customer and says "they work for me." WRONG Then there's another type of person that hears a customer and says "I work for them" RIGHT! One is going to bury a company, the other will help it grow. In the gun world, word of pitiful customer care spread real fast so most of these joints know better than to mess it up.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I have not signed up, but I am planning to shoot that match.

:yesway:

Glad to see you're planning to make it. Didn't know who would hold my ammo during load and make ready:laugh:

I'm normally not a big fan of shooting with guys you shoot with all the time at majors, but since I know most of the guys shooting there maybe the RB/WSSC contingent can squad up.

Of course, guys, not to bring a black cloud over this but this club has a history of promoting majors and then canceling them. I hope they don't, but don't be surprised.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well, I parlayed with some folks at S&W and they want the m&p back, so I guess I'll see what they can do before doing any polishing/part swaps.

Excellent! Keep us all posted on how they handle this. It should ship there and back without any cost to you except maybe taking the thing to a Fed Ex or UPS store to drop it off. You should hopefully know something in about a week or so.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    :yesway:

Glad to see you're planning to make it. Didn't know who would hold my ammo during load and make ready:laugh:

I'm normally not a big fan of shooting with guys you shoot with all the time at majors, but since I know most of the guys shooting there maybe the RB/WSSC contingent can squad up.

Of course, guys, not to bring a black cloud over this but this club has a history of promoting majors and then canceling them. I hope they don't, but don't be surprised.

Okay, I spoke with the IDPA match director today from Green River Gun Club and he told me there are a couple people signed up now but its early. When sending in application, note as always on your squading preferences. It is scheduled for Oct. 25, 2014, shooters meeting at 8:30.:shoot:sending mine in this week.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Okay, I spoke with the IDPA match director today from Green River Gun Club and he told me there are a couple people signed up now but its early. When sending in application, note as always on your squading preferences. It is scheduled for Oct. 25, 2014, shooters meeting at 8:30.:shoot:sending mine in this week.

I'd love to try and make it but I don't know if I'd feel like a road trip 2 weekends in a row. Maybe next year WSSC or RB will just hold a BUG major and we won't have to drive very far!!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Good article Between The Berms: The 7 People You Don't Want On Your Squad | Shooting Wire

Gotta say that for the vast majority of squads I've been on I can't remember running into a lot of these types of folks- maybe that means I am one or a couple of those 7 people:laugh: Most of the folks I seem to squad with fall into the "make it a fun day" category or they just don't converse with me at all, and that's OK too.

As best I can remember I've really only shot with a lawyer and a complainer. The lawyer got so mad at the absence of a call on another shooter that he just left the match right then and there. It was kind of bizarre. Then I've shot with one whiner, who mainly whined at the calls I gave him, which I found somewhat amusing.

I think they should have added "The Brass Rat" as #8.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Good article Between The Berms: The 7 People You Don't Want On Your Squad | Shooting Wire

Gotta say that for the vast majority of squads I've been on I can't remember running into a lot of these types of folks- maybe that means I am one or a couple of those 7 people:laugh: Most of the folks I seem to squad with fall into the "make it a fun day" category or they just don't converse with me at all, and that's OK too.

As best I can remember I've really only shot with a lawyer and a complainer. The lawyer got so mad at the absence of a call on another shooter that he just left the match right then and there. It was kind of bizarre. Then I've shot with one whiner, who mainly whined at the calls I gave him, which I found somewhat amusing.

The funny thing about that list is Brent and I know a guy that is at least 4 or 5 of those personality types LOL He doesn't shoot any of the sports but he was famous years ago in the circles we used to run around in!

The Gamer is the most fun out of those guys...and a good Gamer is also part Lawyer and Complainer if the knows what he is doing...you gotta know the rules to be able to game it..and you better be able to whine if you are called out for gaming, too LOL

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

LOL, I like it! Some recognizable traits listed... we had an "Instructor" on our squad this past Sat. I know this because of my super human hearing headphones. Thankfully, he never got around to the cool kids. Oh yeah, he was also a Diva.

Phone customer service: The main problem with this is no one hardly stays on a job long enough to get proficient with it anymore. Last week they were flipping burgers.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    LOL, I like it! Some recognizable traits listed... we had an "Instructor" on our squad this past Sat. I know this because of my super human hearing headphones. Thankfully, he never got around to the cool kids. Oh yeah, he was also a Diva.

Phone customer service: The main problem with this is no one hardly stays on a job long enough to get proficient with it anymore. Last week they were flipping burgers.

I missed the instructor... You'll have to fill me later on LOL I have a guess or two but we'll see :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

I missed the instructor... You'll have to fill me later on LOL I have a guess or two but we'll see :D

We aren't referring to the "Procedural Whisperer" are we? :laugh:

Hmm...I'm thinking I could be all of those guys, except the ex-burger flipper turned phone service rep:laugh:

Procedural whisperer- I like it:laugh:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah, I think I could exhibit traits of the gamer as well as the rules lawyer a smidge. :D
    Those were pretty bleak descriptions though.

Top Bottom