• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    "Our match will be this Saturday, July 5th. The match will be 96 rounds, so you can calculate how many rounds you will need. This will be our inaugural "Re-Run" match. 4 Stages, 12 rounds each. We will run each stage 2 times and take your best net run. There will be a 12 round shotgun side match. Come out before 8 and help set up. New shooters meeting at 9:30 & match begins at 10. Hope you all have a safe & happy 4th of July! "

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    "Our match will be this Saturday, July 5th. The match will be 96 rounds, so you can calculate how many rounds you will need. This will be our inaugural "Re-Run" match. 4 Stages, 12 rounds each. We will run each stage 2 times and take your best net run. There will be a 12 round shotgun side match. Come out before 8 and help set up. New shooters meeting at 9:30 & match begins at 10. Hope you all have a safe & happy 4th of July! "

When I first read that I took it as a re-run classifier, which I thought was odd... so it is now officially official that it is not a Classifier like it was before this official announcement officially canceled the official Classifier officially. It is now officially a standard IDPA-ish match but you can now run each stage twice... officially :D

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I officially don't have any idea wtf is going on... outside of a double-run match apparently. :facepalm:

And Darell's passing is quite unfortunate, the big guy was always there to say howdy as you walked in the door.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    When I first read that I took it as a re-run classifier, which I thought was odd... so it is now officially official that it is not a Classifier like it was before this official announcement officially canceled the official Classifier officially. It is now officially a standard IDPA-ish match but you can now run each stage twice... officially :D

I officially don't have any idea wtf is going on... outside of a double-run match apparently. :facepalm:

And yet both of them can shoot safely and at speed . . . . . .

TJ - Do you shuffle your feet on weak side or just lean as needed ?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    And yet both of them can shoot safely and at speed . . . . . .

Meh, I no longer get emails about events, scores, etc. so I'm basically out of the loop until you guys fill us in here on INGO. :D

With what TJ mentioned about standing far enough back so the muzzle doesn't pass the barricade, I'd think there wouldn't need to be much shuffling. We're not particularly short leg span fellows, so that might give a minor advantage too. :dunno:

I did a ghetto simulation with an outswung upper kitchen cabinet door and full length mirror hanging on a wall about 10-12ft behind it. Giving the muzzle a couple inches of space from the "barricade" at full arm extension, there was quite a noticeable difference in the torque I felt at the waist area vs being even just a few inches closer (assuming you're trying to lean vs shuffling). YMMV, but maybe some food for thought...

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

I shuffle while doing the reload (remains legal in the new RB) to get the right foot going rightside or left leftside. Standing back and getting into a new position negates the need to lean much at all.

There's not a lot of time to do much in the classifier but a guy can't afford to not put time in to get squared up.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    ok...so I am out of the loop here... it is NOT a Classifier match? I thought it was but we were running each stage twice.

That is officialy correct, no classifier, this re-run match should be awesome, I dont know how many times I have said, "wish I could shoot that one again", now you can and I believe they will use the better of the two scores. I wish I could run this in CDP.:p

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    That is officialy correct, no classifier, this re-run match should be awesome, I dont know how many times I have said, "wish I could shoot that one again", now you can and I believe they will use the better of the two scores. I wish I could run this in CDP.:p

Brent is looking for some quality time with a G34 so I've graciously loaned him mine... so I'll be busting out some fat stacks of CDP on Saturday! Told him to get the 34 while it was hot...with Sellersberg fast approaching I'm going to have to go all exclusive and get my mad warrior skills sharp with it!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    [h=2]Reloading Brass Clearance 9mm, 40sw[/h]
    Have brass for sale from a indoor range. Brass has been machine sorted and hand inspected. Brass is not tumbled and is mixed HS.

9mm $28 per 1000. Can ship 3.4k for $12

40SW $25 per 1000. Can ship 2.5k for $12

Pm or email as inbox get full fast. Lead.brass@gmail.com

Best prices I've seen in a while, in case anybody is interested. Not that there is powder available to fill the brass with.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Brent is looking for some quality time with a G34 so I've graciously loaned him mine... so I'll be busting out some fat stacks of CDP on Saturday! Told him to get the 34 while it was hot...with Sellersberg fast approaching I'm going to have to go all exclusive and get my mad warrior skills sharp with it!

If anyone is looking for a G34 gen.4 with all the go fast parts I might turn mine loose soon.:happybday:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Not getting out of shooting, im shooting Springfield XDM 5.25 9MM at this time, I can run ssp/esp, Would like a revolver or rifle.:hijack:

I dropped you a message earlier. There's a good chance I might be interested, depending on how well tomorrows run turns out. It felt pretty good in hand for the limited shots I've taken thru one.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hmmm....I'd rather be in a "once through" match:laugh: Yes, I know it was something new to try and that's fine. But, it's been tried and I didn't really care for it. Maybe others did and that's cool too.

I liked the stages today. Shot OK accuracy was not where it needed to be. I guess I actually need to get the gun out sometime other than an hour before the match.

But enough about shooting. The real thing I learned today is that I am not as IDPA cool as I thought I was. Saw two vehicles with very cute and clever plates on them reading "IDPA" and "ESP-MA". I feel I need to get one to keep up the cool kids. Dibs on "FTDR":laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom