• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    "Horns of an Enema" parts of me feel like that might have happened to me, lol, but not worth a grammy. I trained some yesterday, about 400 rounds rimfire, felt very nice to shoot since I have not made it to a match in three weeks. Time to get out the BUG guns and have a little fun this week.:coffee:

:rules:

17.9.4 (page 116) - "Recovering shooters" - "it shall be the duty of the host club to assign personnel to hold the pee bag"

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Speaking of enema horns........on a serious note

I've decided in the future when I am SOing a shooter I am going to stop them for any real or perceived lite strike. Here's why. We had a guy on our squad Saturday that had not one but three squibs (pause to let the shivers go down the spine). I was SOing him on the first squib and I'm telling you folks, I would have sworn it was nothing other than a lite strike. I heard nothing, saw nothing, just seemed like your normal Glock imperfection to me. Thankfully Jim somehow or another said he "heard" it- and was able to call it out.

Sort of scary. When Mike had his squib a few years ago I very distinctly heard and saw it. No doubt it was a squib.

So, don't know if just my hearing or what, but I'm stopping guys I'm SOing from now on with lite strikes. If it turns out to be a squib, the day is saved. If not, a few pasters and resetting a stage is a small price to pay. The new RB allows for this very scenario in a better safe than sorry section.

Just offering that in case others come across the same situation.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Speaking of enema horns........on a serious note

I've decided in the future when I am SOing a shooter I am going to stop them for any real or perceived lite strike. Here's why. We had a guy on our squad Saturday that had not one but three squibs (pause to let the shivers go down the spine). I was SOing him on the first squib and I'm telling you folks, I would have sworn it was nothing other than a lite strike. I heard nothing, saw nothing, just seemed like your normal Glock imperfection to me. Thankfully Jim somehow or another said he "heard" it- and was able to call it out.

Sort of scary. When Mike had his squib a few years ago I very distinctly heard and saw it. No doubt it was a squib.

So, don't know if just my hearing or what, but I'm stopping guys I'm SOing from now on with lite strikes. If it turns out to be a squib, the day is saved. If not, a few pasters and resetting a stage is a small price to pay. The new RB allows for this very scenario in a better safe than sorry section.

Just offering that in case others come across the same situation.

That is the best call all around. Ultimate Kudos to Jim for hearing it and calling a halt to it...as light as that squib was it would have been catastrophic if they would have tap-rack-bang right behind it. My squib was almost a non-squib and I think that is the only thing that saved me from injury since the bullet was so far down the barrel.

I never heard it but I had forgotten my earmuffs and had to run some plugs and could barely hear anything unless I was right on top of it.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I've decided in the future when I am SOing a shooter I am going to stop them for any real or perceived lite strike.

I like it!!

Had a talk to Brad yesterday about the two DQ's on my squad (one muzzled the s.o. in the house, one had his finger on the trigger during reload at the lake stage & then bam but the gun was pointed safely down range and low when he did it) and safety in general. We both think that we need to be less concerned about potential hurt feelings and more concerned about doing all we can while we can (before something happens), not the first time this has been discussed I know.
    Good luck getting shooters stopped in time, I can remember a group of us yelling at Mike and at this revolver dude at stage six at Lewisport :).
    As I think about it, the a.d. could likely have been avoided had we s.o.'s done a better job. It was probably the result of many missed 'trigger' calls.

The Glock 34 guy on my squad (Chuck) (I wouldn't give you a nickel for a boat full of those things) kept getting very light strikes on the 1st round after reload, kind of a weird problemm.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I like it!!

Had a talk to Brad yesterday about the two DQ's on my squad (one muzzled the s.o. in the house, one had his finger on the trigger during reload at the lake stage & then bam but the gun was pointed safely down range and low when he did it) and safety in general. We both think that we need to be less concerned about potential hurt feelings and more concerned about doing all we can while we can (before something happens), not the first time this has been discussed I know.
    Good luck getting shooters stopped in time, I can remember a group of us yelling at Mike and at this revolver dude at stage six at Lewisport :).
    As I think about it, the a.d. could likely have been avoided had we s.o.'s done a better job. It was probably the result of many missed 'trigger' calls.

The Glock 34 guy on my squad (Chuck) (I wouldn't give you a nickel for a boat full of those things) kept getting very light strikes on the 1st round after reload, kind of a weird problemm.

The hard part about some trigger calls is SO positioning and there are just some COF's that don't give you the opportunity to position yourself to catch those reloads. That is probably the best call and during any intro or shooter's meeting it is paramount that everybody is reminded about multiple trigger calls resulting in an early exit from the match.

I think at some point, when you change so many parts on something....it shouldn't technically be called by its original name! Instead of a Glock 34 it should be called a Chuck 34! :D All kidding aside, that does suck, that is the reason why I am so hesitant to change anything on my guns. It took years for me to finally come to grips with the notion of replacing the factory sights! I"m sure there are 1/2 seconds out there I could pick up if I'd do a bit of work on my gun but I don't know if I want to sac reliability to gain speed in another area.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The hard part about some trigger calls is SO positioning and there are just some COF's that don't give you the opportunity to position yourself to catch those reloads. That is probably the best call and during any intro or shooter's meeting it is paramount that everybody is reminded about multiple trigger calls resulting in an early exit from the match.

Agreed. When I'm scorekeeping sometimes I try to watch for this & tell the s.o. if something looks like it ought not, seems like it is a habit thing.

I think at some point, when you change so many parts on something....it shouldn't technically be called by its original name! Instead of a Glock 34 it should be called a Chuck 34! :D All kidding aside, that does suck, that is the reason why I am so hesitant to change anything on my guns. It took years for me to finally come to grips with the notion of replacing the factory sights! I"m sure there are 1/2 seconds out there I could pick up if I'd do a bit of work on my gun but I don't know if I want to sac reliability to gain speed in another area.

Shorthand - You can't polish a turd.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    [h=2]BFT Instructional League at Riley July 19th[/h]
    Instructional League July, 2014 Riley Conservation ClubSaturday July 19, 2014
    Instructional League
    Riley Conservation Club
    2pm - 6pm
    $35 cash at the door must rsvp via email, correct change is greatly appreciated.

If you would like to improve your scores, stage break-down of USPSA stages and matches this is the place to go. If you are new to USPSA shooting this is a great place to get your feet wet. Round count will be around 260.

If you want a spot please email me at abright@ccrtc.com to rsvp.

More information can be found at Home Page

No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

Anybody that wants to split the gas bill send me a pm if you wish. I the think they are on fast time so it would probably be something like leave McDonalds on 41 at about 11.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Agreed. When I'm scorekeeping sometimes I try to watch for this & tell the s.o. if something looks like it ought not, seems like it is a habit thing.

Shorthand - You can't polish a turd.
    You know you are going to regret that when you eventually show up with a G34, right? :D LOL

you are right about the hurt feelings thing. I haven't seen too many shooters recover and then show back up after a DQ...maybe 1 but the others have packed up and moved on it would appear... and that is sad since it can happen to anyone.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    you are right about the hurt feelings thing. I haven't seen too many shooters recover and then show back up after a DQ...maybe 1 but the others have packed up and moved on it would appear... and that is sad since it can happen to anyone.

Different culture thing maybe, in USPSA the saying is that if you haven't been you will be. Me & another RB/WSSC regular are in the DQ'd club :).

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    :rules:

17.9.4 (page 116) - "Recovering shooters" - " shall be the duty of the host club to assign personnel to hold the pee bag"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!....pee bag gets removed tomorrow.....kinda gonna miss it.......I can sit around half a day drinking coffee and water and never get up out of my recliner!:dunno:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hah! :rofl:

Side note, I need to try just your pro slide on my frame, see if there's any difference. I'm almost doubting it after Saturdays test.

That is about the only test we didn't do... Pro frame to your slide. Barrel didn't seem to make any difference. Did we shoot anything through mine using your M&P's internals?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I heard m&p pro.....how do you like it, I have heard very good reviews!........:spend::twocents:

Jeff knows what is good for him :D

The M&P Pro I have is a fantastic gun. I've got close to 4K rounds through it and it has been a shooter from Day 1. I'm still a Glock fan at the end of the day but the M&P auto is just such a good gun and I love the way it feels. I have the 4.25" Pro with tritium night sights as opposed to the 5" Pro with the FO front. Can't say I've seen that much difference between the 4.25 and the 5. Velocity should be a bit higher through the 5 but not by huge measures. The primary concern with the M&P is the mushy trigger but I don't shoot to reset and I rarely notice the trigger when I'm shooting so I can't say one way or the other if it is good or not. It breaks the same each time/place when you pull it so it has consistency but maybe not as much feel to it the way a stock Glock might have.

Brent has shoot my M&P9 here lately as much as I have and he's managed some great times/scores. In fact he shot 3 of the 4 stages from Saturday's RB match with my M&P and was knocking them dead. He started the day with my G34 and me with my M&P but we swapped out to right the universe and it paid off for us both!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Wondered what all you folks were up to as the rest of us were putting things back in the shed . . . .

We didn't cover all the bases but Brent was worried about some accuracy issues he'd had with his new M&P9. He's shot the heck out of my M&P9, the only difference is mine is the older 4.25 Pro and his is the new 4.25 standard version. He was shooting 6" low with maybe a 4" group at about 15 yards or so... with my M&P9 Pro he was shooting about 1" low at the same distance but had a group of about 1". We tried my barrel in his gun and it produced a bit better results but it was still very low for 15 yards. Any thoughts? Grouping was ok through his but it could have been much tighter...but the dang elevation was so low you couldn't figure out how to work the hold on the sights.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    That's was partially my reasoning for trying the pro slide/sights with my frame/barrel. Apparently I can hit properly with your sights, but maybe the trigger differences are the problem?

Top Bottom