• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmm....I'd rather be in a "once through" match:laugh: Yes, I know it was something new to try and that's fine. But, it's been tried and I didn't really care for it. Maybe others did and that's cool too.

I liked the stages today. Shot OK accuracy was not where it needed to be. I guess I actually need to get the gun out sometime other than an hour before the match.

But enough about shooting. The real thing I learned today is that I am not as IDPA cool as I thought I was. Saw two vehicles with very cute and clever plates on them reading "IDPA" and "ESP-MA". I feel I need to get one to keep up the cool kids. Dibs on "FTDR":laugh:

For me I was thinking D10FTN.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    For me I was thinking D10FTN.

Good one!

Turned on the computer this morning to find the scores in my mailbox from yesterday, if anyone needs them just let me know. Time stamp said they was sent at 1:03am! Now that's dedication. Don O has done an excellent job with that stuff since he's taken charge of it.

Looks like Brad is being his robot self. Mike shot well too. I managed to make top 10 in the match and accuracy (another cool report DonO is doing). Kind of surprised I did but being that far from Brad is showing me that I've lost some of my gamergy. Should probably try practicing again.

Good times, looking forward to WSSC!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Good one!

Turned on the computer this morning to find the scores in my mailbox from yesterday, if anyone needs them just let me know. Time stamp said they was sent at 1:03am! Now that's dedication. Don O has done an excellent job with that stuff since he's taken charge of it.

Looks like Brad is being his robot self. Mike shot well too. I managed to make top 10 in the match and accuracy (another cool report DonO is doing). Kind of surprised I did but being that far from Brad is showing me that I've lost some of my gamergy. Should probably try practicing again.

Good times, looking forward to WSSC!

i think ink my scores are still going to my old email address. If you wouldn't mind sending them to me that would be awesome!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmm....I'd rather be in a "once through" match:laugh: Yes, I know it was something new to try and that's fine. But, it's been tried and I didn't really care for it. Maybe others did and that's cool too.

Couldn't figure out why everyone was taking so long, and then had a blinding flash of the obvious. 3 people on our squad said they had to leave early (could be that my charming personality had its normal effect, but Scott's knee was starting to look like a floatation device so I think that withdrawl was legit) so that is like going 6 people down since it was a re-run. Without the long waits & etc that others had it worked out kind of fun.

Mike had a good idea (words no one thought would ever appear in the same sentence, or paragraph, for that matter). On modest attendance days with good weather, a 2nd run through after the main match with only those who want to might be an option. Lewisport (USPSA) used to do an after the match 2nd run but not bother with scoring or pasting, might be interesting fun & practice to do things that way.
    Or not.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Couldn't figure out why everyone was taking so long, and then had a blinding flash of the obvious. 3 people on our squad said they had to leave early (could be that my charming personality had its normal effect, but Scott's knee was starting to look like a floatation device so I think that withdrawl was legit) so that is like going 6 people down since it was a re-run. Without the long waits & etc that others had it worked out kind of fun.

Mike had a good idea (words no one thought would ever appear in the same sentence, or paragraph, for that matter). On modest attendance days with good weather, a 2nd run through after the main match with only those who want to might be an option. Lewisport (USPSA) used to do an after the match 2nd run but not bother with scoring or pasting, might be interesting fun & practice to do things that way.
    Or not.

You knew it was only a matter of time before the truth came out about my brilliant ideas!!!!! :D

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Pretty fun day out, a fair bit long, but interesting stages nonetheless. Except for that super fast pop n' drop. :D

Not really legal, well past movement and max round count(26), but I think this would be a fun extra stage to try at some point. Could remove a target or two to make it wheelie-friendly.

[video=youtube;5xR3jH7k4cg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xR3jH7k4cg[/video]

Thinking about it, this would probably almost need to be a WSSC stage...

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Pretty fun day out, a fair bit long, but interesting stages nonetheless. Except for that super fast pop n' drop. :D

Not really legal, well past movement and max round count(26), but I think this would be a fun extra stage to try at some point. Could remove a target or two to make it wheelie-friendly.

Thinking about it, this would probably almost need to be a WSSC stage...

Cool video. Even B.Vogel can screw up the draw :). Otherwise, the efficiency of movement is impressive as heck to me.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Haha, I didn't notice the flubbed draw on the initial watch, good eye!

Jeff, you really want to step your game up, here's how you do it. :laugh:

[video=youtube;RrIgLt1S86w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrIgLt1S86w[/video]

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Or not.

I could get on board with this idea. There was a reason, not ammo related, that I didn't run through twice- probably not an issue to anyone else or that anybody else thought about but me, so doesn't really matter to the whole. But, for guys like me that won't run twice it's a great option. Likewise for those that want to run twice in my opinion.

The negative would be that eventually, as it was at Lewisport, folks won't want to stay around with a skeleton crew to break down.

But...

This might also help RB COFs from becoming too prop and thus reset heavy in their COF (increasing willingness to stay and break down). Another +1 to it would be that guys that couldn't make it early could make the second run and vice versa.

Might be worth a try if that want to run the double thing again. I carry no weight with anyone dealing with the RB stuff but for those that do it might be a good idea to bring up.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Rerun stages would just need to be paper only. The Tac sequence Tac priority stage was a great example of the style of COF that would need to be designed. Faster to run, faster to reset and faster to take down!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The negative would be that eventually, as it was at Lewisport, folks won't want to stay around with a skeleton crew to break down.

This might also help RB COFs from becoming too prop and thus reset heavy in their COF (increasing willingness to stay and break down).

Lewisport breaks down / rearranges on Wednesdays before a Saturday match weekend (accept for after the last match of the year), probably durn hard to keep folks from leaving either way :).

Nobody likes lugging the props, but you are on the horns of an enema. No fast mover scary props and your club members aren't greased and ready to kick butt when they run into them at matches like the Kolonel (or Missouri or Illinois this year). I like for all of our folks (and yours truly) to either have a leg up or at least be on equal footing with other folks in their class when they run into that stuff, but I 100% agree that lugging & resetting is not fun. Saturday was indeed a prop heavy day.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Lewisport breaks down / rearranges on Wednesdays before a Saturday match weekend (accept for after the last match of the year), probably durn hard to keep folks from leaving either way :).

Nobody likes lugging the props, but you are on the horns of an enema.

Ah, that's changed at Owensboro since the last time I messed around there. Good stuff. Don't think RB would be up for such a procedure.

Speaking of procedures, I know you wrote some stuff after "horns of an enema" but that mental picture created by that phrase precluded any further reading. OUCH!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Nobody likes lugging the props, but you are on the horns of an enema. No fast mover scary props and your club members aren't greased and ready to kick butt when they run into them at matches like the Kolonel (or Missouri or Illinois this year). I like for all of our folks (and yours truly) to either have a leg up or at least be on equal footing with other folks in their class when they run into that stuff, but I 100% agree that lugging & resetting is not fun. Saturday was indeed a prop heavy day.

OK, recovered enough to read the rest of it. I'm all for props and so forth.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Horns of an Enema, that has got to be the title of the next Grammy winning metal album. :laugh:

"Horns of an Enema" parts of me feel like that might have happened to me, lol, but not worth a grammy. I trained some yesterday, about 400 rounds rimfire, felt very nice to shoot since I have not made it to a match in three weeks. Time to get out the BUG guns and have a little fun this week.:coffee:

Top Bottom