• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Thanks for posting Mike, for some reason I didn't get an email on this one.

I'm not quite sure why but I REALLY like BUG matches. Glad to see another one is getting set up!

Just throwing this out there in case anyone else has thought about it, I read an article the other day by Caleb where he was saying that IDPA BUG matches are great, but there should be some weight/size limit to the BUG. To him, a compact M&P9 or XD or a n-frame revolver shouldn't count as BUG guns.

Thoughts?

You guys are hearing it first... that was from the WSSC official email so count yourself as an honorary member and getting the news early! :D

I'm all about the BUG after shooting my first one and there does need to be some sort of expansion on the BUG rule. My G30, a .45 ACP 10-round Glock just squeezes in under the BUG constraints. I think they hit on something with the BUG and didn't quite think it would be as popular as it is... a BUG rules revision should definitely be in the works.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    You guys are hearing it first... that was from the WSSC official email so count yourself as an honorary member and getting the news early! :D

I'm all about the BUG after shooting my first one and there does need to be some sort of expansion on the BUG rule. My G30, a .45 ACP 10-round Glock just squeezes in under the BUG constraints. I think they hit on something with the BUG and didn't quite think it would be as popular as it is... a BUG rules revision should definitely be in the works.

I cant wait for the BUG match!...last time I ran a 38 snubby and was amazed of how well it ran, this time its gonna be my glock 42!:flasher::flasher:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    ...last time I ran a 38 snubby and was amazed of how well it ran

You was amazed at how well a revolver ran? Was you expecting it to completely lay down on you or something?

I used to shoot snubs in 38......when I was 9:pimp::pimp::pimp:

I can see more bleeding web of thumbs now! :)

Who doesn't! And it might happen....see next post.

I wonder if TJ will shoot the Airweight with full-house self-defense rounds this time around...

As with all other events this year, I'll likely run whatever gun can chamber the bullets I have on hand.........hopefully I can find some 357 laying around....or grab some lead in short order. Everyone needs to see that at least once in their lives.

I'm thinking the continuation of these BUG matches might just be the justification I need to grab a 627 or 327 snub (S&W n-frame, 8 round 357). Or, maybe a sweet 629 snub (44 mag).:D Or a 500 or 460....nah, if I invest in one of those I want it long enough to hunt with.

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    No, I did not expect revolver to fail, I just did not expect it to be as smooth in DA and as accurate as it was, revolvers are the most reliable handguns but in my opinion the most difficult to master, this is why I would like to run a few rounds through a SSR or ESR, what is a good model to get started in SSR?:bowdown:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    No, I did not expect revolver to fail, I just did not expect it to be as smooth in DA and as accurate as it was, revolvers are the most reliable handguns but in my opinion the most difficult to master, this is why I would like to run a few rounds through a SSR or ESR, what is a good model to get started in SSR?:bowdown:

I see, was just wondering what you expected.

As for getting started in SSR, there's a bunch that will get the job done. My personal favorite for SSR is a S&W 686, but just about any Smith in the k and l frame family with adjustable sights will do nicely (Model 19 or 66 for example or if you're cool with fixed sights a Model 10.

You can bridge the divisions of ESR and SSR by going with a 357 chambered revo and running 357 in ESR to make power factor. Or, you can get a Performance Center 625 that makes weight for SSR and run autorim in it there and clips in clipped 45acp in ESR.

You're welcome to run my back-up 625 at RB or WSSC if you'd like. Just grab a holster and some Federally primed ammo and I can set you up with the rest.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm thinking the continuation of these BUG matches might just be the justification I need to grab a...

This right here! I've had the itch to buy something new but didn't want to invest in safe queens and collector pieces just yet. So now I have the 3 that I can run in BUG... my G30, which to me is far too big to be a BUG, and my mighty LCP and the newest addition the G42! I am ready to game it with .380 baby! :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    This right here! I've had the itch to buy something new but didn't want to invest in safe queens and collector pieces just yet. So now I have the 3 that I can run in BUG... my G30, which to me is far too big to be a BUG, and my mighty LCP and the newest addition the G42! I am ready to game it with .380 baby! :D

Justification acquired, game it!:rockwoot:

I briefly looked at a 380BG for the wife not long ago, but it was all on the net, nothing in person. We think she would like something she could pocket instead of wear on the side like her Shield. Seemed like there were a lot of very good quality 380s to be had without tossing a bunch of :spend:

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    I see, was just wondering what you expected.

As for getting started in SSR, there's a bunch that will get the job done. My personal favorite for SSR is a S&W 686, but just about any Smith in the k and l frame family with adjustable sights will do nicely (Model 19 or 66 for example or if you're cool with fixed sights a Model 10.

You can bridge the divisions of ESR and SSR by going with a 357 chambered revo and running 357 in ESR to make power factor. Or, you can get a Performance Center 625 that makes weight for SSR and run autorim in it there and clips in clipped 45acp in ESR.

You're welcome to run my back-up 625 at RB or WSSC if you'd like. Just grab a holster and some Federally primed ammo and I can set you up with the rest.

Thank you for info and generosity, I would like to give it an honest run, it will be a month or two for I am having cancer surgery in four days, but I will be back soon at the matches. Thanks again, Brian Fawcett.:stretcher:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Thank you for info and generosity, I would like to give it an honest run, it will be a month or two for I am having cancer surgery in four days, but I will be back soon at the matches. Thanks again, Brian Fawcett.:stretcher:

We'll get together on it then!

Praying for you in your surgery and recovery that all goes well and you heal up quickly!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't think there was any movement at the last BUG, can you guys confirm that all shots fired will be shot from a fixed position at the next WSSC BUG?:p

Pretty certain there will again be no movement but Jay is the MD for this one and they will be his courses. I'd bet there is little to no movement involved if I had to guess.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Justification acquired, game it!:rockwoot:

I briefly looked at a 380BG for the wife not long ago, but it was all on the net, nothing in person. We think she would like something she could pocket instead of wear on the side like her Shield. Seemed like there were a lot of very good quality 380s to be had without tossing a bunch of :spend:

I have an LCP that I pocket carry quite often, even if I am already carrying so finding another .380 was a bit easier since I got that. i try to have at least 2 guns in the same caliber if I am going to be serious about it...to me that helps justify ammo purchases or reloading components much easier when I'm buying for 2 instead of just that single gun. Whatever works, right? LOL

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yes, good luck with your surgery, Brian. I've been wondering who you were, but didn't have a real name to put to the net alias. :D

On the .380 ammo thing, is bulk factory ammo available at all? I seem to have read it was as scarce as 22LR. :dunno:

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Yes, good luck with your surgery, Brian. I've been wondering who you were, but didn't have a real name to put to the net alias. :D

On the .380 ammo thing, is bulk factory ammo available at all? I seem to have read it was as scarce as 22LR. :dunno:

Thank you, I have plenty .380 white box if needed.:woot:

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    I don't think there was any movement at the last BUG, can you guys confirm that all shots fired will be shot from a fixed position at the next WSSC BUG?:p

No movement on the BUG match. Two of nine stages in the main match will require a couple of step, one is a step and turn the other is shooting three targets while advancing.

Good luck on your surgery and I hope for your speedy recovery.

Let me know if you need 380 I also have plenty.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Haven't seen much .380 hardball but I have a source :D it is always handy when relatives reload! I'm still going to keep my eye out for some and most likely pick up the dies to reload some. 1k 90 grain .380 bullets should last me for a long while!

Top Bottom