• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I want my first three stages back. I completely walked by at least one target on each of those, makes me so mad. :n00b:

I agree, not jabbering about strategies much is weird, but I figure I'm still new and wanted to let you get your own handle on breakdown/planning.

I was almost overwhelmed on the first COF or two. Just trying to work my way through a stage while thinking about where to reload all the while trying to not forget targets. I don't think I missed any but I also didn't hang around to listen to my scores either. Didn't want to get caught up in disappointment when I was having so much fun! LOL

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I am stunned that nobody else is talking about their shooting weekend! And here I thought I was amongst some serious players :D I think I'm ready to do it again; like Brent said I'm not ready to file for USPSA membership and pick up a compensated 1911 for $6k like one of the fine folks I was shooting along side Saturday had...but I am ready to do it again. a different set of mag carriers to go along with my Comp-Tac carriers would be nice. I also need to remember to bring a towel (South Park fans should love that line) and it was good to see guns that cost 5 times what mind did have trouble :D

I'm glad you had a good time Mike. Hope you make it a regular stop.
    You did very well and I think you will be surprised when you see the results.
    USPSA is like auto racing you can play at any level you want from expensive to VERY expensive.
    You don't need a high dollar open gun(but you want one), you can shoot the basic glock or other production gun.
    Limited and Production are the biggest classes by far. Some clubs have a big Open gun turnout(Sellersburg) and others only have a handful show up. A open gun is like a top fuel dragster. Finicky and high maintenance but what a rush.
    But what do I know I still shoot a hand crank model T:laugh:.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I was almost overwhelmed on the first COF or two. Just trying to work my way through a stage while thinking about where to reload all the while trying to not forget targets. I don't think I missed any but I also didn't hang around to listen to my scores either. Didn't want to get caught up in disappointment when I was having so much fun! LOL

It was your first match and there is a lot to think about the first few matches. It get easier the more you do it.(what doesn't:):)
    After a few matches you won't be worrying about forgetting targets so much and you will be looking for a quicker way to run the course instead.
    I RO'ed you on the last course of fire and I bet you are surprised when you see the results. Yes you got a little lost at the end but you recovered well and it really didn't hurt you as much as you think. Having a screw up is not as important as how you deal with it.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It was your first match and there is a lot to think about the first few matches. It get easier the more you do it.(what doesn't:):)
    After a few matches you won't be worrying about forgetting targets so much and you will be looking for a quicker way to run the course instead.
    I RO'ed you on the last course of fire and I bet you are surprised when you see the results. Yes you got a little lost at the end but you recovered well and it really didn't hurt you as much as you think. Having a screw up is not as important as how you deal with it.

I sincerely appreciate all the help and tips you gave out even if I didn't use them perfectly! :D About the last 2 or 3 stages I finally started getting my head around where to reload and when to reload during the COF and that felt good. Coming in off o long winter it was good to get out and stretch the legs!

I'd love to run an Open gun! maybe one of these days. Production seems like a lot of fun but I can only imagine letting loose with that type of equipment! This won't be my last time up there. Already explained to the better half how I'll give myself 2 Saturday's a month to shoot and if one of my normal ones gets rained out I am headed up to shoot some USPSA!

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    Who is up for USPSA at the Rockcastle Shooting Center, Bowling Green, KY area this coming weekend? Check-in starts at 8:30 and hammers down at 10:00, 150 rounds. You must register online.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So are you finally going to quit messing around and shoot a Classifier with good shoes on? We going to see EX by your name next Saturday, right?

One wonders about these things. Might be good to do the best I can before I get much more severely into my dotage, but I think it would be better to be there when you are really ready to be there.

Am good for 11 months or so on my ESP classification ( :shady: ) , think for my next trick I want to get the purple holster back out (:thatshot:) and see if I can shoot ssp without scaring the women and children. Just don't know if it will be 9mm (:gaychase:) or 40 (:chuck:).

Last edited:

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    So are you finally going to quit messing around and shoot a Classifier with good shoes on? We going to see EX by your name next Saturday, right?

Grelber already has "Expert" by his name. I was pointing out to Sandbagger that with enough posts and less help from me he could be an expert too.

Top Bottom