• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    One wonders about these things. Might be good to do the best I can before I get much more severely into my dotage, but I think it would be better to be there when you are really ready to be there.

Am good for 11 months or so on my ESP classification ( :shady: ) , think for my next trick I want to get the purple holster back out (:thatshot:) and see if I can shoot ssp without scaring the women and children. Just don't know if it will be 9mm (:gaychase:) or 40 (:chuck:).

Well.....I don't have any pretty color holsters...so...ah....can I join in this with a black one?:rolleyes:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I think you can participate with a knotted up pair of underwear as a holster if ya like. :laugh:

Speaking of which are we doing he full setup in each bay like last time?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    see if I can shoot ssp without scaring the women and children. Just don't know if it will be 9mm (:gaychase:) or 40 (:chuck:).

Unless I'm mistaken I think I shot your 40 at WSSC. Sweet shooter, I'd go with that.

Really, it's whatever recoil impulse you are currently accustomed to- that's the one to go with.

"secret classifier", is that one those where your buddies run/score ya and the rules might bend a little?

The rules remain steadfast and concrete. The time and scoring are changed:)

Wait, that's the other game....

Well.....I don't have any pretty color holsters...so...ah....can I join in this with a black one?:rolleyes:

Only if you tie a pink ribbon around it.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Don't forget the crocs and choice of fishnet upper or lowers to complete the ensemble.

Or just wear something like this... Jeff, new classifier speed suit? :laugh:

fashion-worst-2402.jpg

Sandbagger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mount Vernon
    I would like to try a ESR competition gun, would anyone be willing to go to the range with me and let me run one. I am SSP Expert and ESP expert so I do have some skills.....not much.....but some:nuts: I will pay for ammo.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I think I literally typed "worst gay outfit" into google or something like that. Some pretty ridiculous stuff came up, to say the least. :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just saw the announcement:
    On July 12th the Practical Action Shooters will host the annual “Movie Match” IDPA shoot. Match your skills to the likes of The
    Outlaw Josie Wales, John McClain, Indiana Jones, or Dirty Harry. Sign up at 10AM, new shooter orientation at 10:30, with shooting
    starting at 11AM. Shoot cost is $10 per weapon, it will be a 100 round minimum, three magazines/speed loaders, a holster, a
    magazine holster (helpful), concealing garment (jacket, shirt, etc.) as well as eye and ear protection. There will be a BUG (back up
    gun) side match afterwards. You will need a weapon with a 5 round capacity; barrel length of less than 3.8” for semi-automatics and
    3” for revolves. The BUG match will NOT require a cover garment and will NOT require reloads on the clock. The BUG match be $5
    per weapon.

Classifier at Red Brush this next Saturday and then on the 12th the Movie Match and BUG!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Thanks for posting Mike, for some reason I didn't get an email on this one.

I'm not quite sure why but I REALLY like BUG matches. Glad to see another one is getting set up!

Just throwing this out there in case anyone else has thought about it, I read an article the other day by Caleb where he was saying that IDPA BUG matches are great, but there should be some weight/size limit to the BUG. To him, a compact M&P9 or XD or a n-frame revolver shouldn't count as BUG guns.

Thoughts?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Thanks for posting Mike, for some reason I didn't get an email on this one.

I'm not quite sure why but I REALLY like BUG matches. Glad to see another one is getting set up!

Just throwing this out there in case anyone else has thought about it, I read an article the other day by Caleb where he was saying that IDPA BUG matches are great, but there should be some weight/size limit to the BUG. To him, a compact M&P9 or XD or a n-frame revolver shouldn't count as BUG guns.

Thoughts?
    I'd be on the fence I think. Yes, I guess a M&P9c would he a back-up to a full-size, but realistically the shield/g42 would be more apt to be called a bug. If it has capacity larger than a 1911 or too big to fit on ankle, snot a bug. :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'd be on the fence I think. Yes, I guess a M&P9c would he a back-up to a full-size, but realistically the shield/g42 would be more apt to be called a bug. If it has capacity larger than a 1911 or too big to fit on ankle, snot a bug. :D

Yeah, I can sort of see what he is saying. I think a good option might be to expand the BUG game by adding a micro division for guns like j-frames or those little S&W and Ruger 380s, etc and having a compact division for larger semis and revolvers.

I believe if the truth was told, most of the guns running in BUG matches are actually the primary guns of those shooting them. 99% of the time I know that's true for me at least. Seems to be a good thing to have an official place to play them in games.

While I'm at it, I think WSSC could easily pull off a BUG match for their first major. RB has more than enough facility for it, but then we're dealing with range politics, etc. Just sayin.

Top Bottom