• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Alright gentlemen, my 30th birthday is coming up and PSA is running a pretty good sale on SP5’s.

Right now I am thinking Midwest industries rail, SB Tactical MP5PDW Brace (think A3 collapsible) so I don’t have to SBR the gun. Then adding on a H&K Parts RMR mount and probably a Aimpoint ACRO or the Holosun 507Comp.

Not sure what to go for suppressor wise as I have never dealt with them for the most part, also is the A3F stock worth the $800 price of admission?

Going to use this as a range toy but want it to be nice.

IMG_0205.jpeg

The rough image I have in my head currently

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've seen F stocks for $550-650. $800 is a little steep. If you're gonna make the decision to go full tilt there's no reason to not SBR it. There's a couple decent looking braces for ARs, but I haven't seen a brace for an MP5 that I personally can stomach

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I've seen F stocks for $550-650. $800 is a little steep. If you're gonna make the decision to go full tilt there's no reason to not SBR it. There's a couple decent looking braces for ARs, but I haven't seen a brace for an MP5 that I personally can stomach

I was factoring in the cost of the SBR stamp to go with the gun. It’s the only thing I don’t understand about H&K and B&T guns why are the cool stocks always super expensive lol.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have the same stock on mine also. Mine fits like a glove and works perfectly. There were several guys that had fitment issues with theirs on this last batch that came in

Honestly that’s not bad pricing wise I think, the assembly is not complicated at all. I could get 600 if they made it out of titanium or something but it’s just stamped steel I believe

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Not that I’m the expert here, but I put a Magpul handguard on mine, the B&T optic mount, a Holosun 510C optic and use the Dead Air Mojave 9 with a tri lug mount to suppress it. Magpul foregrip and also put the Talon Grip tape on the pistol grip, as I feel like the factory grip is a little slippery.

If it’s just a range toy, you may want to consider the H&K A2 stock… much more comfortable to get a cheek weld and it’s very reasonably priced compared to the A3.

Other than the trigger, which I haven’t decided on yet (most replacements I’ve seen don’t fit the lower very well), I love the setup!

IMG_4457.jpeg

Last edited:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Forgive my ignorance, I shoot mainly handguns, and currently don't own a long gun of any sort. The last rifle I owned was a 700 BDL in .270. I sold that about 40 years ago. What, exactly does one do with the hardware depicted here? And, oh yeah, what caliber is it (them)?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Forgive my ignorance, I shoot mainly handguns, and currently don't own a long gun of any sort. The last rifle I owned was a 700 BDL in .270. I sold that about 40 years ago. What, exactly does one do with the hardware depicted here? And, oh yeah, what caliber is it (them)?

This is a long time “want” of mine, it will be mostly a range toy but once I get a suppressor for it there is a good chance it will become my HD gun.

It’s an H&K SP5 which is the civilian version of the MP5 sub machine gun in 9mm.

Also it’s bought and paid for gentlemen, should hopefully show up Wednesday!

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    This is a long time “want” of mine, it will be mostly a range toy but once I get a suppressor for it there is a good chance it will become my HD gun.

It’s an H&K SP5 which is the civilian version of the MP5 sub machine gun in 9mm.

Also it’s bought and paid for gentlemen, should hopefully show up Wednesday!
    Forgot to mention... Magpul does make a 50 round drum mag for the SP5 as well! Does add a decent amount of weight though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was factoring in the cost of the SBR stamp to go with the gun. It’s the only thing I don’t understand about H&K and B&T guns why are the cool stocks always super expensive lol.
    My brother got a factory b&t sbr recently and the stock for his has a recoil dampening system built into the stock. I'm guessing that's part of the expense. I don't know much about it (he has a billet lower on his that takes the b&t mags) but got to shoot it a bit today as I'm visiting where he lives. We popped my Obsidian 9 on it from my Scorpion as he wanted to see how much blow back he would get shooting lefty.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    For me it was something I always wanted. I guess you can thank Die Hard for that... it's a 9mm which is the same caliber that the majority of my handguns are in.

They are accurate and they really run well suppressed. I wouldn't think twice about grabbing mine and using it in a situation where I had to have a self-defense firearm.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom