• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    So how much rain did you guys get down there? Not enough to cancel the match hopefully.
    It hammered us pretty hard over at the old Whirlpool building where I work. Green skies are pretty weird anytime you see them. :laugh:

Hopefully not too much. It rained pretty hard for a bit but hopefully there is enough time to dry out by tomorrow.
    I hope it dries out in time, but as it keeps drizzling off and on, I don't have the highest hopes. :dunno:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Planned on attending just the carbine side match today, pulled up just in time for everything to be cancelled due to the weather.
    How far through the match did you guys get?

Any word from those who went to the MO. match?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Thanks WSSC for another great match! I had fun with my squad, but gotta say I miss the 625. There's just something about 6 rounds that warms my heart. Speaking of which, if anyone comes by Greg let him know I've got his demooner. Couldn't find him after the match.

So, who else failed to properly hydrate last night besides me? It was probably only around 80 today, but with the humidity and sunshine it reminds a guy he needs to water up the night before!

Carbine was cancelled? What happened? Did it drizzle?:stickpoke::laugh:

Just a word for those that haven't had it happen, at a sanctioned match you WON'T stop shooting because of rain. Tornado, hurricane, or Noah sized floods, maybe, but rain, no.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well crap, serves me right. I didn't bother to walk down in the rain, sure looked like it was called off.

It was a bit sloppy but I am glad I shot in it! The rain delay just made for a long delay and I had to leave early before everything was completely put up. Steve O, Santi stayed and helped Jay and Jim put the rest of the stuff to bed. Extra Kudos for those 4!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Any word from those who went to the MO. match?

If I was an Eskimo I would be searching for an iceberg that was about to break free.

It was a very good match though, very impressive facilities & good folks in charge, they plan to up the allowed number of shooters next year.
    We had one stage where a shooter exited a truck, did a 360 with gun leveled at about waist high, and was given a procedural for cover later in the stage but given a pass on potentially gut shooting the s.o. and everyone else in the squad :nuts:. Don O made the smart move and calmly talked to the match director about it when we were done, the MD kind of owns the match and needs to know when bad stuff happens, imo. Don't know what happened after we left Friday, but the stage was deleted from match scoring. To make a nice finishing point to my day, this was my best stage.

Looks like about 1/2 dozen esp scores were zeroed, could be that folks struggled at the chrono check but my guess would be it was equipment check stuff like weight and box fit and mag release buttons.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    What you saw was us running for cover as large hail and 50mph winds had been reported headed our way. Rain delay, then back at it and finished the match.

OK got it… Worked out for the best then, wound up having to pick up the kids and playing taxi. Would not have been able to finish the side match

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Thanks WSSC for another great match! I had fun with my squad, but gotta say I miss the 625. There's just something about 6 rounds that warms my heart. Speaking of which, if anyone comes by Greg let him know I've got his demooner. Couldn't find him after the match.

So, who else failed to properly hydrate last night besides me? It was probably only around 80 today, but with the humidity and sunshine it reminds a guy he needs to water up the night before!

Carbine was cancelled? What happened? Did it drizzle?:stickpoke::laugh:

Just a word for those that haven't had it happen, at a sanctioned match you WON'T stop shooting because of rain. Tornado, hurricane, or Noah sized floods, maybe, but rain, no.

Reason it was called for a time was there was a report from NWS for fairly large hail and 50mph winds. I see the hail did occur just north of WSSC.

Yeah, I failed to hydrate the night before as well. I was running low on both water and sleep yesterday.

Historic event occurred yesterday. First time I've ever scored below 200....I think.

Last edited:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Agreed. I typically don't feel too bad afterwards, but I definitely felt it leaving the range... lack of hydration and all. I all but fell out when I got home.

It still wasn't the RB day of infamy though. :rolleyes:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Agreed. I typically don't feel too bad afterwards, but I definitely felt it leaving the range... lack of hydration and all. I all but fell out when I got home.

It still wasn't the RB day of infamy though. :rolleyes:

No! Definitely not! I wonder just how close some of us were to actually needing to go to the emergency room! LOL I joke but that was as terrible and as sick as I'd felt from the heat in my entire life! YIKES!!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    No! Definitely not! I wonder just how close some of us were to actually needing to go to the emergency room! LOL I joke but that was as terrible and as sick as I'd felt from the heat in my entire life! YIKES!!

I'm going to try and wise up enough to quit if things start going that way for me at a match this year.
    I got more than I ought at a match in August and 'tuffed it out' (read - Stupid).
    One problem with heat stress is that bad decision making is one of the first signs.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm going to try and wise up enough to quit if things start going that way for me at a match this year.
    I got more than I ought at a match in August and 'tuffed it out' (read - Stupid).
    One problem with heat stress is that bad decision making is one of the first signs.

One BIG addition this year is experience. All of us have suffered that type of thing recently and now we know not only what to bring with us but what to look out for. Giving the SO a break, taking breaks as a squad to get in some shade for a bit isn't a bad idea either. COF design has to be mindful of the amount of exertion that goes into shooting it but also pasting and resetting. That August match was a bugger because of the heat coupled with no shade on the lake bay plus excessive movement on a couple of stages. Perfect storm of sorts.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Since we are running the risk of going almost 24 hours without a post I figured I'd better rescue this thread! :D

Given these 2 options, with a few minor variables thrown in, which would you choose? You own 2 pistols, like shooting both of those and do fairly well with either. You shoot 1 of those much more accurately but shoot the other much quicker. Which do you choose to practice with for an upcoming match? Speed or accuracy?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Since we are running the risk of going almost 24 hours without a post I figured I'd better rescue this thread! :D

Given these 2 options, with a few minor variables thrown in, which would you choose? You own 2 pistols, like shooting both of those and do fairly well with either. You shoot 1 of those much more accurately but shoot the other much quicker. Which do you choose to practice with for an upcoming match? Speed or accuracy?

Neither, sell them both and get a revolver.:D

How to phrase this....This is just my guess from an outside perspective. There is a correlation between speed and accuracy that I think you might be putting on the guns instead of the shooter. Just throwing this out here....could it be that the gun your faster with is less accurate because you're faster with it? And the gun that you're more accurate with is so because you're slower with it? Just sayin.

Ah, forget it, just run the M&P:laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom