• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I agree with TJ, I think you adjusted to the 34 quick and feel it's faster than the M&P, which has much less trigger time as of late anyway. I bet if you ran the Smith constantly for a few months you'd see you're just as quick with it, just have to get back in the saddle. The Glock is less accurate because you feel more comfortable shooting it faster, which correlate to dropped accuracy. :twocents:

Also maybe some readjustment to a different trigger and grip and all that.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It is definitely possible I've traded some accuracy for speed when shooting the Glock since it gave me some of my best results ever. I've shot the 3 best Classifiers ever using the G34 but I'd now like to run my M&P through a Classifier and see where I end up. My problem is I love using them both and both constantly make cases about why I should stick with one or the other. I wish one would just take a big dump on me so I'd feel like I've solved the Glock vs M&P bout I've always got running through my brain LOL

by the end of the match at WSSC on Saturday I felt like I had shot a sort of 'blah' match and that going back to the G34 was the right answer...then the scores came out and I was 3rd overall even with a PE penalty...so that got me back on the Glock vs M&P train again and here I am LOL

Maybe deep down I still want that 5" Pro and just looking for some sort of justification to buy one :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I personally wish you would buy an XD or a CZ next. The humor content of seeing your inner battle over three platforms would be great!:laugh:

LOL I actually did own both a CZ and an XDm! I had wondered if I shouldn't just buy another XDm and vow to never pick up a Glock or M&P or competition again LOL :laugh: Somedays I tell myself I should have never strayed from the ol' Springfield 1911 I had! I'd have saved a ton of money but it probably wouldn't have been near as much fun as this has been.

I am just having a good time shooting the M&P autos right now, both the 9 and .45 so maybe there will be a 5" Pro in the near future. of course if I do that I'll be back to shooting the G34 in a month!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    It is definitely possible I've traded some accuracy for speed when shooting the Glock since it gave me some of my best results ever. I've shot the 3 best Classifiers ever using the G34 but I'd now like to run my M&P through a Classifier and see where I end up. My problem is I love using them both and both constantly make cases about why I should stick with one or the other. I wish one would just take a big dump on me so I'd feel like I've solved the Glock vs M&P bout I've always got running through my brain LOL

by the end of the match at WSSC on Saturday I felt like I had shot a sort of 'blah' match and that going back to the G34 was the right answer...then the scores came out and I was 3rd overall even with a PE penalty...so that got me back on the Glock vs M&P train again and here I am LOL

Maybe deep down I still want that 5" Pro and just looking for some sort of justification to buy one :D

$10 entry per gun... Bring enough you could form your own squad

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I can tell you this, I don't really feel more fluid. :laugh:

I think my big issue is putting all the good habits together. This match I tried to keep my sight on and trigger pulls squeezy, but movement didn't feel great. Next match I'll haul ass but forget the gun has sights or limp my support grip, something Looney mentioned having issues with lately.

Getting the sum of all the little parts, I guess you might say...

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I've shot the 3 best Classifiers ever using the G34.

Question answered by you, again.

Then about this time last year, WE came to the same conclusion, G34, but now YOU have changed the answer. :)
    100 years from now, it'll make no difference. :)

Stick with one gun for best results.

He's got an unfired Ruger Sr1911, I think he needs to shoot it next match to really confuse the issue. :)
    I'll even furnish the holster and mag carrier for it.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

I think my big issue is putting all the good habits together. This match I tried to keep my sight on and trigger pulls squeezy, but movement didn't feel great. Next match I'll haul ass but forget the gun has sights or limp my support grip, something Looney mentioned having issues with lately.

Exactly most of my issue's. In my case I think a lot of it boils down to lack of live practice. Shooting at a match once or twice a month, isn't much in the grand scheme. You actually shoot less then 10 minutes per match. Grelber has the right idea with 2 trips per week to RB for drills.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Question answered by you, again.

Then about this time last year, WE came to the same conclusion, G34, but now YOU have changed the answer. :)
    100 years from now, it'll make no difference. :)

Stick with one gun for best results.

He's got an unfired Ruger Sr1911, I think he needs to shoot it next match to really confuse the issue. :)
    I'll even furnish the holster and mag carrier for it.

I need to buy a gun safe and during the competition season I lock everything in there but the one pistol I'm going to use so I don't confuse the matter! LOL With vacation coming up I won't be able to shoot IDPA until July (damn that is a long time) and I'm sure by then I'll have another battle with this LOL

I"m almost ashamed of myself to have a completely unfired 1911 in my cabinet!! WTH am I thinking? LOL

After all this is said and done I'll probably come back and buy that big Glock 41, the long slide .45, and then go back to CDP or something crazy LOL

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Halfway on subject, where is it everyone has been going for USPSA recently? Owensboro, Wilmore, Bluegrass? .. I R confused.

You can about always count on 1/2 dozen rb folks to be at Lewisport (This Saturday, orpci.org, near Owensboro).
    I want to try Riley but have never been (This Sunday, near Terra Haute, I think "Riley" is correct).
    Some of us have made it to Sellersburgh on rare occasions (last Sunday, good excuse to hit "Famous Dave's" BBQ / my favorite place to plug arteries).
    The last couple months 3 or 4 have made it to Rockcastle (near Bowling Green, 4th Sunday).

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Last month I shot my best ever steels match followed by my best ever USPSA match, felt like I was starting to make progress, and then I developed a flinch.
    So now I guess now I slow down and try to get squeezy and if I get where I can hit stuff then I try to speed up.
    "Getting the sum of all the little parts, I guess you might say..."

On the bright side, maybe this sport teaches patience and humility.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Last month I shot my best ever steels match followed by my best ever USPSA match, felt like I was starting to make progress, and then I developed a flinch.
    So now I guess now I slow down and try to get squeezy and if I get where I can hit stuff then I try to speed up.
    "Getting the sum of all the little parts, I guess you might say..."

On the bright side, maybe this sport teaches patience and humility.

I heard you talking Saturday about how you felt you'd found something good...you'll ditch the flinch so don't sweat it too much.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I heard you talking Saturday about how you felt you'd found something good...you'll ditch the flinch so don't sweat it too much.

I hope.
    If you ever see somebody in the same spot, it is a bugger.
    You can't hit, so you lose confidence about what is an ok sight picture and when you can pull the trigger, slowing down helps a little so now you think that too fast for ability is the sole problem (likely still is a part, I tend to rush), flinching screws up your sight tracking so you also think maybe something is going on with vision or maybe your grip has turned to jelly. Eventually you notice that you still can't hit even during slow fire and maybe then you admit to yourself that you are flinching.
    Eeee ick!
    Shooting 22 shorts in a revolver seems to be helping (single action, any 22 would do). I progressed to shooting the bowling pin rack with the 45 revolver that I am rumored to have (Boss Hoss has seen it so it is a strong rumor if you can believe that guy) and that seemed to help (double action is a good thing sometimes).

I think maybe I dry fire practiced myself into lousy trigger control, but wouldn't swear to it. Orpci.org has a stage saturday with 4 pepper poppers and 11 steel plates, getting through that somewhat clean should be a good tyest for progress.

Top Bottom