• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I once saw a drill, called Ball and Dummy, where somebody hands you the pistol and you fire a shot. Thing is you don't know if there is one in the chamber or not. Trick is for you to be mentally ready for the round to fire and it will show you if you are flinching during the trigger pull because it'll show itself when the gun doesn't go off and you had a snap cap or something in there.

I don't know if the cure is just simple dry-fire at home or to just walk away from it for a week or so and then come back to it. You'll never remember the good reps just the bad ones and maybe giving yourself time to breathe might help. Get HBO, watch Game of Thrones for 2 weeks and then see how you shoot after that! :D LOL

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It is not helping, wondering how the trial by combat will play out does take my mind off of things though.
    Seems like it is time for magic to touch the royal family, wouldn't bet on it but they have so far been immune to the sorcery side of things.

LOL that is about the best advice I have :D Sadly I'm trying to get caught up from Season 3 so my advice might not be as sound as it could be!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    It is not helping, wondering how the trial by combat will play out does take my mind off of things though.
    Seems like it is time for magic to touch the royal family, wouldn't bet on it but they have so far been immune to the sorcery side of things.

I hear that adequate dose's of nudity from this show help with trigger control. :)
    Not that I'd know anything about that. :)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Finally finished this. You will note at about the 5 minute mark that a bug apparently hit the lens and caused a smudge. I didn't notice it til later. April WSSC IDPA shoot! April WSSC IPDA - YouTube

That was fantastic! I had a blast watching myself lol! I don't think I've ever watched my own gun recoil and that was a huge treat to see it in action! ManI I've that big G21!!!!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Pretty awesome stuff. Now I need to go compare what I did in this video (bad day) vs. what I did in the March video, which was probably my best day out to date.

Jeff, check those springs buddy! When you dumped that empty mag on the last stage (with barrels), it sounded like you threw a shopping cart over. :laugh:
    Guess I'm not used to hearing mags rattle that much. (yet)

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Pretty awesome stuff. Now I need to go compare what I did in this video (bad day) vs. what I did in the March video, which was probably my best day out to date.

Jeff, check those springs buddy! When you dumped that empty mag on the last stage (with barrels), it sounded like you threw a shopping cart over. :laugh:

that might be the best way I've heard an empty mag sound evar!! LOLOL

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I hear that adequate dose's of nudity from this show help with trigger control. :)
    Not that I'd know anything about that. :)

Another good show that now I can't watch anymore!! I blame Mike for this!!

Thank you for the video work. I don't know that it will make me lose 20 lb, but it should.

Hmm, I thought that brass weight was better secured.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Another good show that now I can't watch anymore!! I blame Mike for this!!

Thank you for the video work. I don't know that it will make me lose 20 lb, but it should.

I'm there for ya, Pal! :D

and you probably need to look into some sort of epoxy to keep that weight from rattling around in there :D LOL

So who is shooting what and where next? Unless I can fit a range visit in between now and July it would appear I'm out of the shooting business until then sadly. I'll have to live through you guys for a while!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

:laugh:
    So who is shooting what and where next? Unless I can fit a range visit in between now and July it would appear I'm out of the shooting business until then sadly. I'll have to live through you guys for a while!

Nothing for me this weekend, I've got to attend some blasted graduation:xmad: Outside of that, Bosshoss said Rockcastle has USPSA next Sat, I think Bowling Green IDPA meets next Sat and after that it will be IL, WSSC, Gallatin, provided I can quit procrastinating with my entry forms and Lord willing.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    This Saturday is sadly our last soccer game for the Spring season so I *might* be able to grab something between now and July to keep the rust from forming on me. All that down time is going to be bad for my wallet; after watching Brad's video of us shooting I've got the itch to break out into come CDP again so there is no telling what new gun might end up in the safe next. Safe bet is still on the 5" Pro but Glock has that new 5" .45 model 41...

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So did anybody shoot today? How did it go?

Went and handled the 5"Pro and I don't think I like it as well as the 4.25" Pro or my G34. So Round 3 is now M&P9c or G26? Or G42? Or Shield lol

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville

Went and handled the 5"Pro and I don't think I like it as well as the 4.25" Pro or my G34. So Round 3 is now M&P9c or G26? Or G42? Or Shield lol

Did some USPSA over at Lewisport, really fun match run by some good folks. I also found out a cousin I haven't seen/talked to in a few years shoots there as well, which was pretty cool. We didn't even recognize each other until he saw my name on the waiver sheet. Small world...
    We squaded up for the day.

Put a few names to some faces, BossHoss being one of those, nice fella and excellent wheelie shooter. :D

It took a little bit to get out of the habit of wanting to slice the pie and all that noise. :laugh:
    I was worried about beforehand about being tempted to wander back thru a stage and accidentally break 180's, but found it's fairly simple to not do that. Kind of a treat to air gun your way thru a stage to decide how you want to run it vs "here's how you're gonna do it, A-> B-> C.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Did not get to shoot with Kisada :(, which stinks because it is fun to watch somebody experience a Gary match for the 1st time. 7 folks from RB that I'd never seen there before showed up besides 6 or 8 that are regulars.

My match score will be way bad because I went in to maximum total brain jelly mode for 2 stages, still happy happy though. On 4 stages I could actually hit what I was aiming at and the times weren't bad, so that is a lot like being on the mend. I left feeling like doing the perky old man dance instead of the bad match butt drag. Stupid mistakes you can take a lesson from and move on, 'can't shoot' things are more frustrating, could do without all the bs from the stupid things though, there is much much much to be said for avoiding shooting with your "friends".

Whittaker's had Win standard small pistol primers for $29.75 / 1000 if you bought a minimum of 5000. I went ahead and wrote a check for a 9mm 5" XD, I now have 3 of them, this is entirely Mike's fault also.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Did not get to shoot with Kisada :(, which stinks because it is fun to watch somebody experience a Gary match for the 1st time. 7 folks from RB that I'd never seen there before showed up besides 6 or 8 that are regulars.

My match score will be way bad because I went in to maximum total brain jelly mode for 2 stages, still happy happy though. On 4 stages I could actually hit what I was aiming at and the times weren't bad, so that is a lot like being on the mend. I left feeling like doing the perky old man dance instead of the bad match butt drag. Stupid mistakes you can take a lesson from and move on, 'can't shoot' things are more frustrating, could do without all the bs from the stupid things though, there is much much much to be said for avoiding shooting with your "friends".

Whittaker's had Win standard small pistol primers for $29.75 / 1000 if you bought a minimum of 5000. I went ahead and wrote a check for a 9mm 5" XD, I now have 3 of them, this is entirely Mike's fault also.

Lolol glad to know I am not the only one that has bouts of Gun Mania! Even though I have appeared to have solved the 5"Pro disease I now have a worse affliction in wanting a new gun but not sure which one! So when are we gonna see this new XDm?

Brent, sounds awesome! I cannot wait to hit a match!

Top Bottom