• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    So who all is on for IDPA this Saturday? I'll be pulling in late but still want to shoot. Big Man's soccer games come first! Anybody shooting anything new? I think I'm breaking out some M&P9 goodness this weekend!

I hope to be there.

I am planning to go to the Gallatin shoot June 14th, is anyone else going?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I hope to be there.

I am planning to go to the Gallatin shoot June 14th, is anyone else going?

I think I will but I need to get my registration and fee sent in. Fairly sure Jeff said he was going as well.

I really should have got in on the MO match as well. Thought I could pick up plenty of points from TN, now I'm scrambling for local majors.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I should be there, I feel I need some redemption after my performance last time out. I did get out to RB last Sunday and came to the conclusion that I just don't shoot the M&P's as well as the CZ. I probably ran ~150 thru the M&P9 with less than stellar accuracy. Swapped out to the czech for about 50 or so and ended up way more on mark.

I will admit the ratio of trigger time between the two isn't balanced. It's just crazy that there is that much difference. I was just basically doing quick draws with 2-3 shot drills, with a few reloads mixed in.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    And Brad and Don O. .

RB is on Sat., barring the normal last minute ice storm/tornado.

Good deal! I'd like to see Brad take a division win and this might be the one.

Anyone besides me ever have a "duh" moment? For some reason I had it in my mind that points for nats started in January. This, in turn, led me to contemplate further how all of us were going to have to feverishly gain points to make it in, especially with the new tier/point system. Just didn't seem right, so I looked at the IDPA website.

Points accumulate FROM the end of May 2013. This gives me the US Nats, Music City, GA State, Kolonel, IN State, IL State and the Sizzler. So, I should be OK points wise....mentally I'm about the same as always:ugh::laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I should be there, I feel I need some redemption after my performance last time out. I did get out to RB last Sunday and came to the conclusion that I just don't shoot the M&P's as well as the CZ. I probably ran ~150 thru the M&P9 with less than stellar accuracy. Swapped out to the czech for about 50 or so and ended up way more on mark.

I will admit the ratio of trigger time between the two isn't balanced. It's just crazy that there is that much difference. I was just basically doing quick draws with 2-3 shot drills, with a few reloads mixed in.

You are probably spoiled on the CZ Goodness :D

I'm going to be slinging the M&P9 this weekend. It sounds odd but the thinner G34 is giving me fits...I can't seen to quite get the same grip I once was on the gun and the wider M&P9 is a bit more comfortable so it should be very interesting come Saturday on how well I do with a gun that I haven't shot in over a year!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    You are probably spoiled on the CZ Goodness :D

I'm going to be slinging the M&P9 this weekend. It sounds odd but the thinner G34 is giving me fits...I can't seen to quite get the same grip I once was on the gun and the wider M&P9 is a bit more comfortable so it should be very interesting come Saturday on how well I do with a gun that I haven't shot in over a year!
    Fits because of the hand injury or just something new that's cropped up? You have been pretty smoking with that 34 since you got it. I thought about asking you to borrow it tomorrow, but seeing you'll be rolling in late that won't work too well.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Fits because of the hand injury or just something new that's cropped up? You have been pretty smoking with that 34 since you got it. I thought about asking you to borrow it tomorrow, but seeing you'll be rolling in late that won't work too well.

From the injury, which is weird. I've pulled or stretched something from my fingers to my shoulder from the way it still feels. I have an appointment next Thursday so I'm hoping they'll let me know if there is anything to do to help it or if I'm just stuck with using it until it heals over time.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Dang, you hit one good guy and they're all like "5 seconds to your score!"

And then you take 1 step before reloading and they're all like "3 seconds to your score!"

:laugh:

And yes, thanks Don, you post scores almost as fast as you shoot!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Dang, you hit one good guy and they're all like "5 seconds to your score!"

And then you take 1 step before reloading and they're all like "3 seconds to your score!"

:laugh:

And yes, thanks Don, you post scores almost as fast as you shoot!

I know it! The procedural I got dinged with in he cover call hurt! But I'll take what I earned with Down 7 considering I hadn't shot the M&P forever! Great time!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    No doubt it was a great shoot, I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did! Enjoyed the squad as well, always nice to be SO/Experienced Scorekeeper heavy. Thanks to all the RB crew!

I think we all learned some things today. Mike learned where he needs to be, I found where I need to be. I think a few learned some things as well, particularly mag stowage in pockets as might not being the best thing to do:D

According to the score sheets, I have been bumped down to EX. Seems fitting for today's run:laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So, here's some fun :rules: stuff from today.

Let's go to the stage where we began seated, gun and mag on table, two targets in front. There was some discussion on engaging those targets in tac-seq. The COF didn't call for that and I shared with some shooters that it would be a procedural to do so because you have to engage every target with the required number of rounds before engaging another. I got this from:

A cardboard target is deemed to have been engaged when the required number of shots for that target has been fired at it.

Straightforward, right? Well, maybe I was wrong because a few paragraphs below this rule they offer this to muddy the waters:

When engaging a target array of equal priority, the shooter may not be penalized based on the shooter’s order of target engagement, i.e., the shooter need not complete the engagement of any particular target before proceeding to engage another target in the array. However, at completion of the engagement of the target array, the shooter must have engaged all targets in the array with the required number of shots to avoid receiving a penalty.

Now, when a person of average common sense reads this, at first they think it is referring to engaging from left to right or vice'versa on equal threat targets. But, it's not. Then, a thinking man might say "this is talking about a target that becomes visible after engaging another target, like a clamshell next to a static." Again, nope. This is speaking directly to an "array" like we had on this particular stage. Could tac-seq have been used? Yes, upheld by this rule.

But would that violate the rule above? It doesn't seem that it would because this is dealing with arrays. So, handing out 3 seconds for going tac-seq on it would not have been ok...........I think.

And here's the kicker. The whole reason this entire section is in the rulebook is because, according to this sidenote,

Comment [TT12]:

This rule added to help MDs, Designers & SOs identify when a target is engaged.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Yes, thanks to all. I had a blast. I was a first time shooter for any shooting sport, so that calm relaxed feeling did not set in till me 4th stage. Thanks to Jim W. he was patient and clear with his instructions. I was amazed at how well some shot. Speed and accuracy.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah, that is some funky mud once I re-read that a couple times.
    On one hand, it wasn't stated as being TacSeq, so default would be priority. But in my mind, 3.4.4.2 overrides the two shots each before continuing to next target, because it was an array. (where is my glossary definition of array in the rulebook, hrm?) :rolleyes:

"When engaging a target array of equal priority, the shooter may not be penalized based on the shooter’s order of target engagement, i.e., the shooter need not complete the engagement of any particular target before proceeding to engage another target in the array. However, at completion of the engagement of the target array, the shooter must have engaged all targets in the array with the required number of shots to avoid receiving a penalty.
    "

This line tells me you can blast any way you want without fear of a PE... 2-2, 1-2-1 or 1-1-2-2, and as long as you place the required number of shots before advancing to the next episode.

Somebody submit this to Wizards of the Coast, they'll get it worked out. They have many years of rules lawyering under their belt. :laugh:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom