• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Orpci.org has their stages posted for this weekend.
    I've got a jungle to tackle in the back yard so won't be there myself

http://www.orpci.org/mymedia/2014.04.19_USPSA_Bay_3.pdf

That one is interesting.
    I'm thinking start with the knob already turned, run up range and left, and then draw ?

Unrelated note, was talking to a gunsmith about ftf issues this morning. He commented that for 200 round matches where you have significant time and money invested and really don't want to have issues (the Kolonel for example), it only costs a few bucks to shoot the best bullets, there may be a few more Montana golds in my future I guess. Seemed like a good point.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, I had no idea it was that big of a match. Glad to hear it will be there in 2015 as well. I need to get moving on this business- both classification and registration.

And purchasification. It's too bad this isn't about a year after the rule change. I'm expecting a bunch of 8 minor guns to start popping up across the internet classifieds.

Looks like a bunch of sissies.

The last dude at least.
    Wonder if any of the other big kids will show?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

That one is interesting.
    I'm thinking start with the knob already turned, run up range and left, and then draw ?

To many unknowns to say for sure but not sure shooting area extends past the door, and are the steel targets available thru the door? Are the right side uprange targets available from the right side or just from the left back corner? Stages look different on the ground than on paper(screen). Does door stay open or close when you let go of it?
    If I'm starting at the door and can't go thru it I will shoot what I can before leaving doorway. Coming back to the door later to engage targets and then finishing rest of stage will add 3 to 5 seconds to your time.
    We will see what it looks like tomorrow.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    T Coming back to the door later to engage targets and then finishing rest of stage will add 3 to 5 seconds to your time.

You seem to have have done these things before :)

That's cool being on squad with Vogel. $2 for every photobomb you can get in his pics.

Naw. Went somewhere less spooky. I think they group the big boys together? Would be worthwhile just to watch.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

Unrelated note, was talking to a gunsmith about ftf issues this morning. He commented that for 200 round matches where you have significant time and money invested and really don't want to have issues (the Kolonel for example), it only costs a few bucks to shoot the best bullets, there may be a few more Montana golds in my future I guess. Seemed like a good point.

Feed ramp been polished? You do know guns are the reason the Dremel was invented, right? :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    What I think I'm starting to know, is that smarter folks buy plastic guns that run. On the bright side, I do have a dremel.

Sometimes it makes a guy wonder. At the recent 3gun match in Owensboro a guy came to the first stage and could not get his rounds to fire off.

He was running a $3000+ open gun.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What I think I'm starting to know, is that smarter folks buy plastic guns that run. On the bright side, I do have a dremel.

LOL I think I watched a James Yeager video where he said Dremel tools should come with a $500 transfer fee!

Do you still own a plastic fantastic other than the G26 you used in the BUG match a couple of months ago?

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    LOL I think I watched a James Yeager video where he said Dremel tools should come with a $500 transfer fee!

Do you still own a plastic fantastic other than the G26 you used in the BUG match a couple of months ago?

I can't believe we are going nearly 24 hours without a response!!! Where are you people? You act like it's Spring and nice outside for a change :D

Nag nag nag.

Bought a 4" XD 40 cal used a few months ago. Was amazed at the thing, it is a tack driver, it was going to just be a bedside gun but after finding how it shot I sprung for a trigger kit (so to speak) and practiced with it & shot it in USPSA production class at the Battle of the Bluegrass.
    When I shot the BiBG I learned two things;
    1. I still can't function worth a flippin foamy spit if I don't get decent sleep.
    2. Stock sights are great when you are shooting by yourself and there is nothing to gage how slow you are shooting. When you shoot with other people you quickly learn the errors of bad preparation.

Still, liked the feel and accuracy of the 4" so much that I bought a 5". The 5" is the least accurate gun I have ever owned or shot and it is going to get shipped back to springfield :abused::abused:. No obvious reason why and the usual suspects (different ammo, make sure you are shooting well with similar gun, break inn clean break in) were no help. If you miss a 25 yd head shot with the 4 it is your bad shooting, if you hit at 20 with the 5 it is a lucky shot.

Am going to get Dawson fiber sights for both guns & Springfield said to send in the 5, so maybe the 5 will work right in the near future.
    Sort of forced to get at least one gun IDPA worthy, Comp-tac had another discount thing and I really needed a purple holster & mag pouch so I'm kind of committed.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm guilty of that myself! M&P9 eventually led to M&P9c and 2 M&P45 autos! And I won't even get started on where my original Glock, the G35 led me! But that sucks about the 5" XD giving you accuracy fits. let us know how it all turns out!

I'm looking forward to the next month or two. I've been bit by the 'shoot something different' bug and may even break out the old M&P9 or 45 for a match or two until it's time to start prepping for Sellersburg. I know I don't shoot them as well as I do my G21 or G34 but I still really like those M&Ps!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    CI too would like to mess with the M&P9 more, but afraid to screw up any progress I've made with the CZ. (even though it didn't show last time at WSSC)

Course, I did zero dryfire and hadn't been to the range since the previous West side match and RB was on temporary Lake conversion.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    CI too would like to mess with the M&P9 more, but afraid to screw up any progress I've made with the CZ. (even though it didn't show last time at WSSC)

Course, I did zero dryfire and hadn't been to the range since the previous West side match and RB was on temporary Lake conversion.

I haven't done much dry fire practice either. I really need to saddle up and get going but I've been having too much fun with a new PS3 game LOL that and the new dogs. I'll eventually get into the swing of things...I have some reloading that needs to be done and all that but with 45 days to go until Disney and James' soccer matches on Saturday's I've got my focus on other things for the moment.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I haven't done much dry fire practice either. I really need to saddle up and get going but I've been having too much fun with a new PS3 game LOL that and the new dogs. I'll eventually get into the swing of things...I have some reloading that needs to be done and all that but with 45 days to go until Disney and James' soccer matches on Saturday's I've got my focus on other things for the moment.

What game might that be? I've been playing Arkham City, bought it Black Friday 2012, played it for a couple hours, then never picked it back up until a few days ago.

Top Bottom