• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I think we all learned some things today. Mike learned where he needs to be, I found where I need to be. I think a few learned some things as well, particularly mag stowage in pockets as might not being the best thing to do:D

Hmmm.
    1. When you are having one of those where is my brain today days it is durn appreciated to have a squad that runs itself and runs itself well. Have never been on a squad that kept things pasted and kept things safe as well as yesterdays. To put a point to it I only had ask Mike to stop talking twice !! Okay, maybe 3 times but at least once I didn't have to yell. Ok, I did have to yell, but not as loud as usual.
    2. Muscle memory is powerful stuff so maybe it ought to be respected much more when preparing to do something Abbie Normal (mag retrieval from pocket).
    3. Procedurals are easier to detect when the shooter yells "Oh ****" while committing one.

Was reading an article in 'Front sight' magazine. The guy makes the point that some days are better than others, but when you leave the range without having any fun then it is time to find a new hobby. Seemed like a good point.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Hmmm.
    1. When you are having one of those where is my brain today days it is durn appreciated to have a squad that runs itself and runs itself well. Have never been on a squad that kept things pasted and kept things safe as well as yesterdays. To put a point to it I only had ask Mike to stop talking twice !! Okay, maybe 3 times but at least once I didn't have to yell. Ok, I did have to yell, but not as loud as usual.
    2. Muscle memory is powerful stuff so maybe it ought to be respected much more when preparing to do something Abbie Normal (mag retrieval from pocket).
    3. Procedurals are easier to detect when the shooter yells "Oh ****" while committing one.

Was reading an article in 'Front sight' magazine. The guy makes the point that some days are better than others, but when you leave the range without having any fun then it is time to find a new hobby. Seemed like a good point.

1- :rockwoot:
    2- No kidding, I had not apparently been doing it right all this time, and hadn't muscle memoried into my skull gripping tightly when a beep was involved.

Article: Last match, the new hobby may have applied to me. Yesterdays match, that thought didn't occur.

Great squad yesterday, glad I didn't have to hear the SO with the pink holster channeling TJ about pasters. :)

I have to give Kudo's to the SO's that remember all the mud caked rules and are able to apply them on the fly. :cool:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    No doubt it was a great shoot, I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did! Enjoyed the squad as well, always nice to be SO/Experienced Scorekeeper heavy. Thanks to all the RB crew!

I think we all learned some things today. Mike learned where he needs to be, I found where I need to be. I think a few learned some things as well, particularly mag stowage in pockets as might not being the best thing to do:D

According to the score sheets, I have been bumped down to EX. Seems fitting for today's run:laugh:

the weird thing is I am more accurate with the M&P for some reason (any M&P actually) but faster with he Glock. And I can feel it, too it isn't just the results that make me see it but I can tell it while I'm on the course. Not sure what that means or what to do about it lol

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    One spot left on the local Sellersburg squad, someone needs to get to it and finish it out.
    Who will it be? :laugh:

Guess we could invite Barb to join us. I noticed she was on the list, but Hugh wasn't.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I wanted to go to the Kolonel and had it off from work but I got the big shaft they just made me change crews and now I work. They tried to screw me out of getting to go the the June Appleseed but I threw a fit so they are changing my days around so I can go since I originally had it off.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    One spot left on the local Sellersburg squad, someone needs to get to it and finish it out.
    Who will it be? :laugh:

Guess we could invite Barb to join us. I noticed she was on the list, but Hugh wasn't.

It's gonna be like a regular RB/WSSC Saturday down there!

Man...I am READY! Talking about it gets the juices flowing but after seeing the names starting to pile up on that list... I am ready! I want to better my results from last year. I just missed a top 3 by a narrow margin and that is my goal. Top 3 in SSP EX. Probably should figure out what gun I'm going to shoot between now and then :D

Top Bottom