• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Ok, we are starting to go to 4 days without a single post! Got RB in less than 2 weeks; anybody planning on bringing anything new to shoot?

New Comp-Tac gear. I had to drink the kool-aide and follow the flock. Will it make me better? Probably not, just give the false appearance that I might possibly know what I'm doing.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    New Comp-Tac gear. I had to drink the kool-aide and follow the flock. Will it make me better? Probably not, just give the false appearance that I might possibly know what I'm doing.

Nice! I still need to get some legal stuff.

I won't be running anything new, but I likely will be wearing one of my two new S&W hats. Picked them up from Rural King in Jasper for $1.91 each:rockwoot:My bald spot will thank me.

Also picked up a Marlin 795 LTR tech-site set-up used for $140 from Jeff's in Jasper. Came with a GI sling, 10 rd mag and I grabbed a 25 rd mag to go with it. Really don't know why I bought it, just didn't seem like it needed to stay on the shelf:D

Jeff- someone a while back with too much time on their hands did all kinds of scientific research stuff on the recoil difference between an M&P compact, full size and 5". The full size (4.25") somehow or another had the least recoil/sight raising of the three. Can't remember what they said as to why, but all of mine are 4.25" and they are easier recoiling and easier to track than the 5". Seems like it had something to do with the spring. But, Paul told me he was testing out a 4" 625 he worked on a while back and said he could track the sights and get back on target easier with it than a 5" barrel. :dunno:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    You know, I might have to start going to owensboro... it seems that two matches a month isn't enough for me.
    I just realized this is another 5-weekend month, which might be why it feels like it's taking so long. :rolleyes:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I likely will be wearing one of my two new S&W hats. Picked them up from Rural King in Jasper for $1.91 each:rockwoot:My bald spot will thank me.

someone a while back with too much time on their hands did all kinds of scientific research stuff on the recoil difference between an M&P compact, full size and 5". The full size (4.25") somehow or another had the least recoil/sight raising of the three. Can't remember what they said as to why, but all of mine are 4.25" and they are easier recoiling and easier to track than the 5". Seems like it had something to do with the spring. But, Paul told me he was testing out a 4" 625 he worked on a while back and said he could track the sights and get back on target easier with it than a 5" barrel. :dunno:

Cheap is good !! Besides the bald head cover I'd like to figure out a better way to keep cool this summer, I got more than I needed at Sellersburgh in August, might just be that sometimes you just take a break and let the pasting & etc lag as needed.

Thought I was nuts on the sight thing, if so it appears that the company is good at least.

Interesting pictures near the back of the latest IDPA mag :).

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Interesting pics indeed:D.

I was glad to come across the hats not only because of the price but because they are mesh in the back. I've never seen S&W hats that weren't solid, which seems to work against me in the heat so I was glad to find these jewels.

Speaking of heat, my revo buddy Rickey Brazle gave me one of these NeckcoolersRus a year or two ago. They help with the heat, but you've got to have some cool ice water to keep dropping it in from time to time for it to work.

Seems like a rigorous hydration program the day before a match tends to help me out in the heat more than anything else. Well, that and mesh shirts, of course:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Found a used XD 40 4" that just seems to fit my hand. May have a different opinion after a match or two :).
    Going from a 5" sight radius to something shorter is interesting, it seems like it is easier to follow the front sight during recoil but I don't know if that is perception or reality. Seems like some stuff you almost have to be shooting a match before you can evaluate.

Just noticed this! Going to bring the Springfield Pain to RB? I know I'm itching to buy a new gun...not sure what exactly I want or what I want to do with it, but I'm ready to find something new to add to the collection!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just noticed this! Going to bring the Springfield Pain to RB? I know I'm itching to buy a new gun...not sure what exactly I want or what I want to do with it, but I'm ready to find something new to add to the collection!

I expect the pain I bring will be my own, but I need to shoot it.
    One guy on our squad at Sellersburgh for the Kolonel (expert - ssp I think - very good shooter) talked about about what a good match the Lexington Ky Battle in the Bluegrass was & I weakened & sent in my $'s for it, but it is production or single stack only match so I have to violate myself and shoot something different, after that it is back to 2011's.

The XD's and XDM's are addictive, particularly for someone who likes to tinker with trigger kits & files & such, but I expect the exact same could be said for glocks & S&W's.

Switching guns back and forth during shooting season is wrong for me & I will be punished.

I like my silly looking boonie hat for helping with the heat. It's not cheap, but it beats a Dustydawg type heat stroke.

http://www.tilley.com/LTM6-AIRFLO-Nylamtium-Hat.aspx

It would bring a whole nuther level of fashion to my lawn mowing attire, not sure that I could make it work with electronic ear muffs though. Too deaf to do without and too cheap to think about alternatives.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I expect the pain I bring will be my own, but I need to shoot it.
    One guy on our squad at Sellersburgh for the Kolonel (expert - ssp I think - very good shooter) talked about about what a good match the Lexington Ky Battle in the Bluegrass was & I weakened & sent in my $'s for it, but it is production or single stack only match so I have to violate myself and shoot something different, after that it is back to 2011's......

Switching guns back and forth during shooting season is wrong for me & I will be punished.

Has the shooting season started??? I'm always the last to know.

Good deal on going to BITB. I've never shot it but one of my buddies is the MD and I know he'll make a great match. Plus, if you haven't been to the Bluegrass Sportsmans League before, you are in for a treat.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Was wondering about the Southern Regional in Manchester and looked at their site to find that they are no longer doing IDPA matches. I'm assuming this includes the Southern Regional, Summer Sizzler and TN State Match. Bummer! The 2012 Southern Regional was my first major and those MTSC guys always put on good matches. Also, a great/close way to earn points for nats.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm always tempted to bring something new to run for fun... might have to break out some M&P for a match just for old time's sake! and I'd pitch in a couple of dollars to buy Grelber a bucket hat no questions asked!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Thinking about it, what is shooting season? Since we don't really shut down locally, outside of weather, I'm inclined to say it starts with the first few major events within a state or two.

Mike, you should shoot one of Looneys SR9's, and he needs to start rocking a vaquero or whatever model is Idpa legal, as I have no idea. :laugh:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Thinking about it, what is shooting season? Since we don't really shut down locally, outside of weather, I'm inclined to say it starts with the first few major events within a state or two.

Mike, you should shoot one of Looneys SR9's, and he needs to start rocking a vaquero or whatever model is Idpa legal, as I have no idea. :laugh:

He'd be confused to use a gun that has the auto slide lock release during mag changes.

I have a 6" Gp100 I could use. It's my "get off my lawn" gun. :draw:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Speaking of ears, I'm thinking about getting some custom molded earplugs with acoustic filters.
    My question is, if someone came to town (from Mt Vernon, IL), would anyone else be interested in purchasing some? Plain molded run $60 and filtered I believe she said we're $90. I know it seems steep, but we spend all kinds of money on related gear, so...
    They are insta-mold and from reviews and forum comments, peeps seem to really like them. The lady I talked to and her husband are USPSA shooters and do it on the side for family/friends and at shooting events they go to. She mentioned traveling if there was enough interest/multiple buyers.

The original blog post I found out about them from.
    http://www.balloongoesup.com/blog/insta-mold-earplugs/

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Speaking of ears, I'm thinking about getting some custom molded earplugs with acoustic filters.
    My question is, if someone came to town (from Mt Vernon, IL), would anyone else be interested in purchasing some? Plain molded run $60 and filtered I believe she said we're $90. I know it seems steep, but we spend all kinds of money on related gear, so...
    They are insta-mold and from reviews and forum comments, peeps seem to really like them. The lady I talked to and her husband are USPSA shooters and do it on the side for family/friends and at shooting events they go to. She mentioned traveling if there was enough interest/multiple buyers.

The original blog post I found out about them from.
    Say What? Review of Insta-mold earplugs

Dude! I have been considering getting some of these! I will check it out! Sweet find.,

Top Bottom