• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    All this USPSA talk has got me itching to do one. The only thing is the road trip involved to Owensboro...but if TJ can make it from his house to WSSC I guess I could saddle up and try it one of these days! :D I just don't know if I actually have enough mag holders!

I'll say going this past weekend crossed my mind more than a few times last week, but I don't have the extra carriers made up yet either... kinda got lazy about it.

But, if we think there's another good time, you could drive in to town and park at my place and I could drive to the OWB, or I can just chip in on gas, whatever.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'll say going this past weekend crossed my mind more than a few times last week, but I don't have the extra carriers made up yet either... kinda got lazy about it.

But, if we think there's another good time, you could drive in to town and park at my place and I could drive to the OWB, or I can just chip in on gas, whatever.

THAT sounds like the way to do it! We'll figure a day when neither of us has much going on and make it happen. Probably going to have to be soon though, soccer season for Big Man starts soon and I'll most likely be coaching another team and about 90% of games are on Saturday mornings.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    THAT sounds like the way to do it! We'll figure a day when neither of us has much going on and make it happen. Probably going to have to be soon though, soccer season for Big Man starts soon and I'll most likely be coaching another team and about 90% of games are on Saturday mornings.
    I suppose we can shoot for next month's owb match, assuming it's always the 3rd Saturday.

*edit* Looks like April 19th is next, you open for that one?

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Ok, here it is. Another awarding winning video of a bunch of guys shooting guns. Flying mags, powder burns and big booms included.
    March WSSC IPDA - YouTube

Be sure to select HD and bring the video up to full screen for maximum coolness.

Thanks Brad! It's good to have these vids for the fun memory and for the learning. Speaking of which, I really need to keep my gun higher when moving- not reloading at the waist anymore:laugh:

Also, the 357 j-frame needed to be on record- so cool:rockwoot:Gotta say I'm surprised at the recoil control. It felt so powerful that I expected to see the gun jumping all over the place. Didn't look to bad to terrible. Another +1 for the BUG match, I'm going to give S&W some serious thought for next year.

Since I know ya'll are concerned- 9 days later and I'm at light purple:laugh:

Last edited:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Excellent video, sir! It is pretty awesome to have the video as a learning tool and it's just plain fun to watch! There was definitely a lot of tac.seq humor going on. (the wife was even catching all the flubs after I refreshed her on what it was) :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    maximum coolness achieved! Now I understand all the angst over the the tactical sequence stages

I actually like tac sequence a lot but didn't really realize there were so many instances of it throughout the match! :D I probably shouldn't have admitted out loud that I like that and that we don't see it used often enough. I think I may have been one of the few that didn't earn a PE for shooting them out of sequence but since it was my match I had that at the forefront every time I stepped up to the firing line!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I actually like tac sequence a lot but didn't really realize there were so many instances of it throughout the match! :D I probably shouldn't have admitted out loud that I like that and that we don't see it used often enough. I think I may have been one of the few that didn't earn a PE for shooting them out of sequence but since it was my match I had that at the forefront every time I stepped up to the firing line!

it it was pretty funny listening to the comments, then seeing folks forget about it as they ran the stage... 90% of a stage is 50% mental, right? Or vice versa...

maybe we are lemmings and just follow the dude in front of us!:):

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    it it was pretty funny listening to the comments, then seeing folks forget about it as they ran the stage... 90% of a stage is 50% mental, right? Or vice versa...

maybe we are lemmings and just follow the dude in front of us!:):

I heard I was cussed more than once but mostly in a good way :D I hadn't seen much tac sequence or support-hand shooting in a while and figured to work it in there somehow!!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Ok, we are starting to go to 4 days without a single post! Got RB in less than 2 weeks; anybody planning on bringing anything new to shoot?

Found a used XD 40 4" that just seems to fit my hand. May have a different opinion after a match or two :).
    Going from a 5" sight radius to something shorter is interesting, it seems like it is easier to follow the front sight during recoil but I don't know if that is perception or reality. Seems like some stuff you almost have to be shooting a match before you can evaluate.

Top Bottom