• ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    attachment.php

On the bright side, it is supposed to be very windy and a bit chilly too.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I gotta call b.s.
    I'm sure we had at least 6 inches pooled in the back yard at about midnight, and it hadn't stopped at that point. :laugh:

Some spots had as much as 10". Just not officially. Different sides of the street in these types of storms can have radically different rainfall totals. Official total at the EVV Airport was 5.90". I saw several reports of over 7" just south of the Lloyd Stop Light Express.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Crap... I was actually going to come out for this one too! It happens to be the first time since my daughter Remington was born August of 2012. What is everyone else doing?

I was preaching a funeral in Evansville (yes, had to make an exception to the hospital, Magenheimer and WSSC rule). I almost decided to pay ya'll a visit, but I had my fill of Evansville and figured I needed to get back to the country before my rights were violated.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    So the wife changed her mind again. Pretty sure for the last time now though. Buying a house just outside of Owensville. Looks like I'll have myself a nice little 100 yrd range in my backyard. But maybe still need to look into getting a membership at RB or WSSC.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So the wife changed her mind again. Pretty sure for the last time now though. Buying a house just outside of Owensville. Looks like I'll have myself a nice little 100 yrd range in my backyard. But maybe still need to look into getting a membership at RB or WSSC.

Backyard ranges are the best:rockwoot:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Wow, what time did you take that pic? Today or yesterday?

Bout 10:30 a.m. Friday.
    Backyard ranges are the best:rockwoot:

With care.

It is impressive (and scary) how bullets can bounce off the ground (maybe they occasionally strike bits of gravel or lead or whatever?) and head up and away from where you think they are stopping. Unexpected leaf and bark damage is a good clue. Nothing beats a fairly tall and close berm.

A friend heard a 44 magnum slug whap his house and then had to explain the physics to his neighbor who was merrily plugging away at beer cans set in his gravel driveway.

I'm positive you already know all this stuff, just making one of those general internet comment things.

Oh, other thing, if you shoot a silenced 22 rifle with no ear plugs it seems like you can hear a ricochet most of the time.

Reminds me, I never did fix the barn window that the idiot goose hunters across the road broke. About messed my britches when I heard the pellets hit the barns tin roof. Explained to them that I was going to start shooting back if they kept it up.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    True, but man the neighbors get pissed when I'm peeling off rounds into their yard barn at 30 yds. :dunno:

Wow

With care.

It is impressive (and scary) how bullets can bounce off the ground (maybe they occasionally strike bits of gravel or lead or whatever?) and head up and away from where you think they are stopping. Unexpected leaf and bark damage is a good clue. Nothing beats a fairly tall and close berm.

A friend heard a 44 magnum slug whap his house and then had to explain the physics to his neighbor who was merrily plugging away at beer cans set in his gravel driveway.

I'm positive you already know all this stuff, just making one of those general internet comment things.

Oh, other thing, if you shoot a silenced 22 rifle with no ear plugs it seems like you can hear a ricochet most of the time.

Reminds me, I never did fix the barn window that the idiot goose hunters across the road broke. About messed my britches when I heard the pellets hit the barns tin roof. Explained to them that I was going to start shooting back if they kept it up.

Wow again on the goose hunters.

All good points. My backyard range stretches to 240 yards and then hits another 100 yards of woods, all downhill. No neighbors close enough for danger although I do get on another part of the property for rifle because I have a neighbor that keeps cattle about 600 yards away. All the same, I am thinking about joining Owensboro as the kids grow into full house rifle rounds.

Oh. 8 stages & $60.00 I think. Date don't work for wssc unless they are scrapbooking again or something though.

tran.png
    JUN 13
    Gallatin Steam Plant Shootout

[COLOR=#181818 !important]Where:

[COLOR=#181818 !important]Gallatin Gun Club
    Gallatin, Tennessee[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#181818 !important]When: Jun 13, 2014[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

I'm giving this one some thought. I've shot with the MD a few times and I know it will be a good match. Plus, I'm kind of at that point that I'm not interested in shooting majors I've already shot once unless they are real close like Sellersberg.

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    Oh. 8 stages & $60.00 I think. Date don't work for wssc unless they are scrapbooking again or something though.

tran.png
    JUN 13
    Gallatin Steam Plant Shootout

[COLOR=#181818 !important]Where:

[COLOR=#181818 !important]Gallatin Gun Club
    Gallatin, Tennessee[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#181818 !important]When: Jun 13, 2014[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

NCOWS will be taking over WSSC that weekend. I think I may be up for a road trip.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Road Trip might be nice. I am seriously bummed about the RB cancelation; we could have shot from boats. Somebody needs to be on top of that in the props department! I even had some new IDPA equipment to debut, too.

Top Bottom