• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I actually considered looking into seeing what it costs to get started up as a vendor of sorts, as there isn't anyone in town that I know of that does them (at far as the EAR Inc. brand). That's basically what the lady told me when I talked to her, there was interest, but no affiliates nearby. It's kind of a neat process.
    I saw Ear Inc will have a booth at the NRA Show in Indy next month, wonder if they'll be doing them on-site?

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Was considering coming to shoot next saturday, other than equipment, first time shooter need only $15, and a teachable attitude? (I did not read all 327 pages of this thread.)

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Was considering coming to shoot next saturday, other than equipment, first time shooter need only $15, and a teachable attitude? (I did not read all 327 pages of this thread.)

You've got 205 posts, so it seems a good bet that you understand basic gun safety & are not likely to show up with a gun that you haven't shot enough to be familiar with. So, yes, in my opinion.
    Might be muddy.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

A teachable attitude might help, but is certainly optional. I don't think any of us here have one:D

Looking forward to you coming out!

(hmm, something about that just didn't sound right)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Sweet! Bring your gear and come have a good time! All of us always like hearing about new shooters coming out. hope to see you then!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I actually considered looking into seeing what it costs to get started up as a vendor of sorts, as there isn't anyone in town that I know of that does them (at far as the EAR Inc. brand). That's basically what the lady told me when I talked to her, there was interest, but no affiliates nearby. It's kind of a neat process.
    I saw Ear Inc will have a booth at the NRA Show in Indy next month, wonder if they'll be doing them on-site?

Sweet! you'll have to help me since I can only read about 3 sentences and I start to daydream.. what is the differences between the plugs with and without filters?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Sweet! you'll have to help me since I can only read about 3 sentences and I start to daydream.. what is the differences between the plugs with and without filters?

Without filters they are basically like foam style plugs, just fitted to your ears. With the basic filter, they cancel out everything above 80 dB, which is average conversation level. There's another filter that is progressive, soaks more sound as things get louder.

QUOTE from blog - - - >
    " When I first put them in at the range I thought I had made a mistake getting the filtered plugs. I was talking to a few other shooters and I could hear the conversation almost like I didn’t have earplugs in, but then a gun went off and I had to walk over to see the caliber because it sounded almost silenced. That is the beauty of the filters!

Unlike the Peltors that seem to amplify all sounds below 82db and cut off everything above it, these plugs have a slow ramp so that louder sounds are suppressed more than quieter sounds. This makes everything sound more natural but reduced by about 19db."

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just read an email from Silver Creek. They're running a classifier this Saturday if anybody needs to classify. I probably should but fishing is taking precedence over practice this week:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Without filters they are basically like foam style plugs, just fitted to your ears. With the basic filter, they cancel out everything above 80 dB, which is average conversation level. There's another filter that is progressive, soaks more sound as things get louder.

QUOTE from blog - - - >
    " When I first put them in at the range I thought I had made a mistake getting the filtered plugs. I was talking to a few other shooters and I could hear the conversation almost like I didn’t have earplugs in, but then a gun went off and I had to walk over to see the caliber because it sounded almost silenced. That is the beauty of the filters!

Unlike the Peltors that seem to amplify all sounds below 82db and cut off everything above it, these plugs have a slow ramp so that louder sounds are suppressed more than quieter sounds. This makes everything sound more natural but reduced by about 19db."

Sweet! Filtered would appear to be the way to go! I like my earmuffs but some days in the heat they can be a bit much after wearing them for 3 or 4 hours.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    After my WSSC prosperity last month, I kinda want to run a classifier for fun, see what I can do. Or see if I make a fool of myself. :laugh:

However, I think I'm good until late November for SSP & ESP... think I'd rather sandbag as MM, get a match bump if it came to it. :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Well yeah, it's too warm to snow/ice us, it has to do something. :laugh:

We hit RB on Tuesday evening and some of the bays just beyond the gravel were Swamp Thing territory. Should make for an interesting match but like everyone says, it wouldn't be an RB match if it were sunny and 75 degrees out...has to be one extreme or another!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    We hit RB on Tuesday evening and some of the bays just beyond the gravel were Swamp Thing territory. Should make for an interesting match but like everyone says, it wouldn't be an RB match if it were sunny and 75 degrees out...has to be one extreme or another!

After this additional rain, some shooting from a boat stages may be required.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    We changed the number on the lake bay to 3.

Tried to find out past 2 day rainfall data (hard to tell accurately by the water in my basement due to warped tiles and floating underwear and such). Saw a web map that said the area got about 6 - 8 " of water, seems like a lot, anybody have a good handle on how much we did get?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    We changed the number on the lake bay to 3.

Tried to find out past 2 day rainfall data (hard to tell accurately by the water in my basement due to warped tiles and floating underwear and such). Saw a web map that said the area got about 6 - 8 " of water, seems like a lot, anybody have a good handle on how much we did get?

I'd say we got a lot. That's my professional opinion. Like, A LOT of rain. Lots of it!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I gotta call b.s.
    I'm sure we had at least 6 inches pooled in the back yard at about midnight, and it hadn't stopped at that point. :laugh:

Top Bottom