• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Of course, compared to my pathetic run everyone looked like a DM out there:laugh:

So far, the only person who I haven't seen have a bad day this year is O'Bradovich, and I think he did a reasonably good job of doing the dry fire & reloads over the winter.

My theory is that if you stop practicing/shooting you can still have good days, but it will catch you out eventually.

On the bright side, there were a big gob of scores right around 60, seems like as a shooting group we have the suck graph headed in the right direction.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So far, the only person who I haven't seen have a bad day this year is O'Bradovich, and I think he did a reasonably good job of doing the dry fire & reloads over the winter.

My theory is that if you stop practicing/shooting you can still have good days, but it will catch you out eventually.

On the bright side, there were a big gob of scores right around 60, seems like as a shooting group we have the suck graph headed in the right direction.

Oh yeah, you can tell he's taken it to the next level and he had a great run Saturday. Brad told me he's been hitting dryfire and livefire training pretty hard. It shows!

I think you're theory is right. I seem to be proving it:laugh:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I didn't dryfire as much as I should have over the winter months, but did get some in while working grit out of the m&p, which in turn helped even with the CZ last weekend I believe. Funny thing is, I didn't feel overly fast or like I was really getting sights set properly, but maybe felt a bit more instinctual? (is that a word?) :laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I didn't dryfire as much as I should have over the winter months, but did get some in while working grit out of the m&p, which in turn helped even with the CZ last weekend I believe. Funny thing is, I didn't feel overly fast or like I was really getting sights set properly, but maybe a bit for instinctual. (is that a word?) :laugh:

Some dude called Miculek once said that when you are running at your peak performance level it won't feel fast.

I can sympathize a bit, I think Saturday was the most point shooting I've done in a while:laugh:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Some dude called Miculek once said that when you are running at your peak performance level it won't feel fast.

I can sympathize a bit, I think Saturday was the most point shooting I've done in a while:laugh:

Ah yes, but how on earth can 12 in 2.97(?) not feel fast? :rolleyes:

Off-topic question, I was thinking of a modified version of one of the stages we did Saturday, I think it was the picnic one from the Kolonel. Anywho, is there any rule against have two separate tac. sequences in the same string?
    I was thinking of doing that with a couple mag changes, 2 or 3 rounds per mag, 5 targets..... maybe throw a couple headshots in for the finale?

Really visualizing it, feels more like a drill than a COF. :draw:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Off-topic question, I was thinking of a modified version of one of the stages we did Saturday, I think it was the picnic one from the Kolonel. Anywho, is there any rule against have two separate tac. sequences in the same string?
    I was thinking of doing that with a couple mag changes, 2 or 3 rounds per mag, 5 targets..... maybe throw a couple headshots in for the finale?

I think that would be legit. Might be cool to have all mags on the table for that scenario.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I think that would be legit. Might be cool to have all mags on the table for that scenario.

Hrm, not a bad idea. Maybe have one on the table and have the shooter required to draw first mag from holster, even though there will be one right in front of them, sort of a trip-up. Might be too much stuff going on there, I'm making it more complex than anyone probably needs.:starwars:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    It's official (meaning the wife approved it) I will be shooting in Owensboro tomorrow! She is pretty awesome.

Course looks like it will be fun, also a long day.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    It's official (meaning the wife approved it) I will be shooting in Owensboro tomorrow! She is pretty awesome.

Course looks like it will be fun, also a long day.

You'll be done a lot faster than you think. And then you'll ask yourself "how is it that these stages with twice as many rounds and twice as many shooters finishes almost twice as fast as my normal IDPA matches??"

It's impressive how quickly a match can move when literally everyone on the squad pastes and resets:laugh:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    You'll be done a lot faster than you think. And then you'll ask yourself "how is it that these stages with twice as many rounds and twice as many shooters finishes almost twice as fast as my normal IDPA matches??"

It's impressive how quickly a match can move when literally everyone on the squad pastes and resets:laugh:

Have to say that the last few matches & qualifiers have gone pretty fast, acknowledging that the weather has cut attendance a bit. For USPSA, posting the cof's on-line probably helps some too, maybe reduces the # of questions, shooters are more prepared?

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Have to say that the last few matches & qualifiers have gone pretty fast, acknowledging that the weather has cut attendance a bit. For USPSA, posting the cof's on-line probably helps some too, maybe reduces the # of questions, shooters are more prepared?

Continuing this line of thought... I actually don't mind a match that goes a little longer... Being a noob, one of the things I took away from the Sellersburg match was how hard & fast we were being herded through. Again, was my first "big" match since college days so I was hoping to take in the sights & sounds a bit more. Although, the awards & drawing afterwards did afford the opportunity to meet & greet.

For the experienced competitors with several of these types of matches under your belts there's probably a higher priority on getting through a bit faster. One of my goals is to get to that point!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Continuing this line of thought... I actually don't mind a match that goes a little longer... Being a noob, one of the things I took away from the Sellersburg match was how hard & fast we were being herded through. Again, was my first "big" match since college days so I was hoping to take in the sights & sounds a bit more. Although, the awards & drawing afterwards did afford the opportunity to meet & greet.

For the experienced competitors with several of these types of matches under your belts there's probably a higher priority on getting through a bit faster. One of my goals is to get to that point!

Yeah, Sellersberg was a bit of a blur for more than a few reasons. I never felt like I did get a chance to prep or even be a spectator but I did have an insane amount of fun and cannot wait to do it again this year! I haven't attended a match in a long time where I felt like I could just be a shooter and take it all in; not complaining at all I would most likely go crazy if I just stood there and watched LOL

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

It gets interesting when you hit a bay at a major and there's two or three courses of fire there. Walk throughs are done on all of them back to back, squad splits up and shoots each in turn and all courses are pasted and reset at the same time. That moves a match through quickly but you've got to be on your mental game to get it all in.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    It gets interesting when you hit a bay at a major and there's two or three courses of fire there. Walk throughs are done on all of them back to back, squad splits up and shoots each in turn and all courses are pasted and reset at the same time. That moves a match through quickly but you've got to be on your mental game to get it all in.

Split up? Like we did at RB last time, shoot one, shoot two, score/paste, repeat?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

Really visualizing it, feels more like a drill than a COF. :draw:

Wow, you are asking a lot there bucko! Some folks who'll remain nameless, couldn't handle two targets in tac sequence and two head shots last week!!! :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Split up? Like we did at RB last time, shoot one, shoot two, score/paste, repeat?

Similar but not exact, more like in a squad of 12, 6 line up on one COF and 6 on the other (or 4 to each cof if there's 3 courses). After the 2 or 3 shooters go then everyone goes and pastes each course up.

Wow, you are asking a lot there bucko! Some folks who'll remain nameless, couldn't handle two targets in tac sequence and two head shots last week!!! :)

Oh, I'll name names- ME! LOL

The only redeeming part of my day was my 357 BUG run. Thankfully it had sufficient awesomeness to make up for an otherwise terrible shooting day. I think it's a revolver thing with me. I'm already looking forward to running ESR again.

rhinoroach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Evansville
    The only redeeming part of my day was my 357 BUG run. Thankfully it had sufficient awesomeness to make up for an otherwise terrible shooting day. I think it's a revolver thing with me. I'm already looking forward to running ESR again.

Cleaning out the storage building yesterday I found a target with no pasters and powder burns. I'm thinking it belongs to you.:ar15:

Top Bottom