• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    All we have to hope for is that it's not a soupy mess! I don't know if they've sent out the official match email but I think it's like 5 or 6 COF plus a BUG side-match, too.

I thought about that after my last post... as it's melting off, will it leave a big pool of ooze back there?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I hope everything is in good shape to get a green light for Saturday:rockwoot:I think I'll run two in the bug match, a Shield and a M&P340 with 357mag. I'll probably develop a flinch for the rest of the year afterwards, but it will be awesome for 5 rounds:laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Email for Saturday's match, looks like it's going to be a good time!

Hello Shooters,

West Side Sportsman's Club will be holding our monthly IDPA Match on
    Saturday, March 8th.
    starts at 11:00AM.

We will have 6 Courses of Fire, and there will be a minimum round count
    of about 70. The cost will be $10.00 per weapon. Feel free to contact me
    or go to the IDPA website for the rules. http://www.idpa.com/

We will also be holding a BUG (Back Up Gun) match after the main match
    is complete We will have 3 courses of fire with a total round count of
    15. You will need a weapon with a minimum 5 round capacity; maximum
    barrel length of 3.8” for semi-automatics and 3” for revolves. The BUG
    match will NOT require a cover garment and will NOT require reloads on
    the clock. The BUG match be $5 per weapon.

We will not be provide a lunch until further notice. Snacks and drinks
    will be available.

WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am.

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs property.

The parking area will be on the east side of cowboy town.

I hope to see everyone on Saturday.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I hope everything is in good shape to get a green light for Saturday:rockwoot:I think I'll run two in the bug match, a Shield and a M&P340 with 357mag. I'll probably develop a flinch for the rest of the year afterwards, but it will be awesome for 5 rounds:laugh:

I *might* run 2... I have little practice with my LCP and my only other true BUG compact is my Glock 30 in .45 ACP...so it'll most likely be the .45 that sees some BUG action. If this side match goes off well we have a pretty cool carbine side-match we are working the bugs out of at the moment and hope to introduce sometime soon! Hope to see everybody there!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I *might* run 2... I have little practice with my LCP and my only other true BUG compact is my Glock 30 in .45 ACP...so it'll most likely be the .45 that sees some BUG action. If this side match goes off well we have a pretty cool carbine side-match we are working the bugs out of at the moment and hope to introduce sometime soon! Hope to see everybody there!

Taking it to the next level- I like it!:rockwoot:

Anyone who would like to run my Shield or M&P in the bug match is welcome to. You've not really lived until you've experienced 357 out of an 11 ounce gun:laugh:

What time do ya'll pile in there to set-up, Mike?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Taking it to the next level- I like it!:rockwoot:

Anyone who would like to run my Shield or M&P in the bug match is welcome to. You've not really lived until you've experienced 357 out of an 11 ounce gun:laugh:

What time do ya'll pile in there to set-up, Mike?

I got some.357 mag out of a 6" Python and that was incredible...couldn't imagine it in 11 ounces!

We will get there sometime around 8:00-ish to start the set up. I think Jay, Jim and I will get there around 7:30 to start loading up the trailer and getting everything ready to drag out to the field.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    If this side match goes off well we have a pretty cool carbine side-match we are working the bugs out of at the moment and hope to introduce sometime soon! Hope to see everybody there!

Carbine would be very cool. Didn't participate in the one RB had late last year and I'm regretting it.

BUG match would be fun too, the XD I used all of last year for IDPA qualifies! But have family coming in tonight, the spouse would frown upon me leaving for 3 hours on day 1 of their visit.

Look forward to seeing pics & videos

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Carbine would be very cool. Didn't participate in the one RB had late last year and I'm regretting it.

BUG match would be fun too, the XD I used all of last year for IDPA qualifies! But have family coming in tonight, the spouse would frown upon me leaving for 3 hours on day 1 of their visit.

Look forward to seeing pics & videos

Heck, just bring 'em out and send them to the movies! you can easily sneak out before the previews start and make it back before the credits roll! :D

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Note from WSSC on tomorrow's IDPA match: Field is mushy, be prepared for muddy conditions. They may have shooters park on the gravel on the east side of property and ferry shooters to the field.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    What a day at WSSC:rockwoot:Congrats to Mike for getting the match courses in order and the bug match along with the WSSC crew for getting everything set-up- great job as always!

Performance wise I need to remember to bring my brain to the match, but had a good time nevertheless.

What did everyone think about the BUG match? That was the first one I've shot and I really liked it. Kind of wish I had gone to S&W now, maybe next time. If nothing else it gives some confidence with smaller carry peices. Plus, shooting full house 357 was awesome.....even though I couldn't handle it for the whole match:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What a day at WSSC:rockwoot:Congrats to Mike for getting the match courses in order and the bug match along with the WSSC crew for getting everything set-up- great job as always!

Performance wise I need to remember to bring my brain to the match, but had a good time nevertheless.

What did everyone think about the BUG match? That was the first one I've shot and I really liked it. Kind of wish I had gone to S&W now, maybe next time. If nothing else it gives some confidence with smaller carry peices. Plus, shooting full house 357 was awesome.....even though I couldn't handle it for the whole match:laugh:

I had a great time! I had a helluva good time shooting the G30 and seeing you shoot that full-house magnum rounds and then everybody else at the BUG!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Bug match was really good for a couple or three reasons (& when it's 10 shots and then your hand is bloody that is back up revolver done right :rockwoot:).
    Best I could tell everybody on my squad had fun, a couple hate Mike for multiple procedurals on tac sequence though.

Match notes:
    "Ok, now make yourself hot" is maybe not the best all around choice for range commands.

Top Bottom