• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Great job by all at yesterdays match. The blood splatter on the BUG target shot by a .357 was awesome! :)

I have a request. When someone earns a procedural, it'd be great if the offender was told it occurred and why. I get my share of them, but not always sure as to what stupid mistake I made. Such was the case yesterday according to the scores.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Great job by all at yesterdays match. The blood splatter on the BUG target shot by a .357 was awesome! :)

I have a request. When someone earns a procedural, it'd be great if the offender was told it occurred and why. I get my share of them, but not always sure as to what stupid mistake I made. Such was the case yesterday according to the scores.

Yes, it was awesome indeed. I don't think I SOed you yesterday but it's a pretty safe bet to say the the bonus seconds came from messing up tac sequence:laugh:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville

Yes, it was awesome indeed. I don't think I SOed you yesterday but it's a pretty safe bet to say the the bonus seconds came from messing up tac sequence:laugh:

Yes, that's probably my fault for not mentioning... no wait, maybe Mike's fault? :D
    I hadn't seen the scores when I read your post and not 100% on which stage, but it was indeed a Tac Sequence ding, I remember that much.

Excellent match out at the WSSC. Nice day, entertaining stages and I'm pretty ecstatic with my score(s). It did start to get a bit chilly towards the beginning/end of the bug match.
    My only nitpicks are that I didn't participate in the BUG match and I think I got dinged with a non-threat hit, which the only one that was close was outside the perf, which doesn't count against me, if I'm correct?

But aside from that, super fun day and I hope I can keep up the accuracy/speed improvement. I'm shootin' for the big leagues, Ma! :thumbsup:

I almost wanted to do a classifier run after the match!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    .. no wait, maybe Mike's fault? :D

I got dinged with a non-threat hit, which the only one that was close was outside the perf, which doesn't count against me, if I'm correct?

It's always safe to put the blame on Mike:laugh:

I remember your NT hit on the edge but it wasn't counted against you because, as you surmise, it didn't break the line. Can't remember any more:dunno:

In any event, you shot well my friend! Good job!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm glad everybody had a good time and I genuinely had no idea there were so many Tac Sequence stages there... I did try to incorporate more of the things that aren't seen as much like support-hand shooting, tac sequence and the occasional you-don't-need-a-cover-garment stage as well! :D

I'm glad the BUG match ended up being a good time. With the limitations put on a a true IDPA BUG I wanted to make sure everybody got their $5 worth from 3 stages.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    One thing you will want to do is investigate which division you want to shoot. The rigs I've seen you run in IDPA will work fine in Production, Limited or Limited 10. If you're running 9 you'll be shooting minor in all of them, which will hurt in limited or limited 10. You'll need at least 4 mags and carriers for production and limited 10, less for limited because you can fill your mags up. If you've got a 1911 you can shoot in single stack and will need enough mags to minimally handle a 32 rounds course.

You could also run in Open, but don't do that:laugh:

Give it a try, I think you'll like it!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    One thing you will want to do is investigate which division you want to shoot. The rigs I've seen you run in IDPA will work fine in Production, Limited or Limited 10. If you're running 9 you'll be shooting minor in all of them, which will hurt in limited or limited 10. You'll need at least 4 mags and carriers for production and limited 10, less for limited because you can fill your mags up. If you've got a 1911 you can shoot in single stack and will need enough mags to minimally handle a 32 rounds course.

You could also run in Open, but don't do that:laugh:

Give it a try, I think you'll like it!

Cool, think I will give it a try... I will definitely stay away from Open division with my beater pistols, although don't know what I would do or how it would feel to run a course with full mags in production!

will likely be a last minute decision on which division.

thanks for the tips!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Showing up a little early and air gunning your way through the stages is 100% aok, some do and some don't.

Cool, thanks!

ORPC's stage diagrams are posted on their website.

I'm air gunning in my mind... lots of movement which is pretty cool.
    can take them in any order / progression? That's how I interpret it anyway.

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Cool, thanks!

I'm air gunning in my mind... lots of movement which is pretty cool.
    can take them in any order / progression? That's how I interpret it anyway.

Be sure to let us know what you think about it! I'm dying to do a USPSA match if for no better reason that to say that I've done a USPSA match!!! :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Be sure to let us know what you think about it! I'm dying to do a USPSA match if for no better reason that to say that I've done a USPSA match!!! :D

You move well & I think that would serve you very well.

Dgtk - any order, from any place, except stage 6. Just remember it is bad if you break the 180 (I know this).

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hmm, maybe have some kitchen pass credit from all the summer rain/ winter icky matches we had to miss?

I should have some sort of Brownie Points I could cash in LOL I need to cash them in...soccer season is starting and we will be on vacation in June too. That is where most of my extra $$$ has gone LOL

Top Bottom