• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I hope the weather cooperates!! I will go into withdrawals if I don't get some IDPA going before Jan :D

HMMM
    huDec 12

32.png
    26°​
    16°
    Sunny

CHANCE OF PRECIP:0% WIND:SW at 7 mph

FriDec 13

28.png
    37°​
    31°
    Mostly Cloudy

CHANCE OF PRECIP:20% WIND:S at 9 mph

SatDec 14

5.png
    39°​
    23°
    Rain / Snow

CHANCE OF PRECIP:70% WIND:WSW at 10 mph

If the rain holds off I wonder if they will be ok with the parking??
    High temps got cut off when I pasted, 37 Sat.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The field conditions will be the deciding factor. I know everybody there wants to have a match but if it is soupy in the bays there may not be a way to get back to the shooting area with equipment without tearing up the ground.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    The field conditions will be the deciding factor. I know everybody there wants to have a match but if it is soupy in the bays there may not be a way to get back to the shooting area with equipment without tearing up the ground.

Drive extra slow...? Or perhaps hover back there? :dunno:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Drive extra slow...? Or perhaps hover back there? :dunno:

HA! I can't speak for them but if I were a betting man and with the weather forecast being what it is, I'd say WSSC might be canceled but don't take this as an official announcement. I'm bugging to shoot and it'll kill me to see it called off... this does bring up a good item for the board to discuss...gravel road on the side of the property and back running parallel to the cowboy town from North to South.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Does WSSC have the budget for that type of improvement??? Not for the road itself, but I'm thinking it would take at least 26 more speed limit signs spaced 5 feet apart to get the job done:):

The other problem here is that the cowboy's would have to incorporate some sort of permanent structure and cowboy-a-fy the road so it looks like part of the old west. it's have to say something like Speede Limite Signe Ya'll or something like that :D

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Agreed. However, I have been dryfiring quite a bit lately, so I'm curious how much difference it will make when time comes around again.

Some of you club members should set up a little shoot day before Christmas rolls around... or perhaps between X-mas and New Years? ;)

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Agreed. However, I have been dryfiring quite a bit lately, so I'm curious how much difference it will make when time comes around again.

Some of you club members should set up a little shoot day before Christmas rolls around... or perhaps between X-mas and New Years? ;)

I am ready for something!!! Anything! Sadly I haven't hit any dry firing since our last match. it'll probably tell on me in January!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Upped membership? Is that code for something or did I miss a few posts somewhere?

Was thinking you were on the RB wait list, but may have confused you with somebody else.
    Unfounded and unsubstantiated rumor, that it would be completely irresponsible for me to start, has it that the wait list folks will make it in.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Was thinking you were on the RB wait list, but may have confused you with somebody else.
    Unfounded and unsubstantiated rumor, that it would be completely irresponsible for me to start, has it that the wait list folks will make it in.

Actually, I should be on the list somewhere. It would be pretty rockin' to get in this upcoming year, should there be any truth behind your rumor-mongering. :rockwoot:

I was glancing at the December RB newsletter and they mentioned renewals and whatnot, and seemed pretty militant about getting your fees/renewal forms/etc. in before the end of the month or yer SOL. I remember the board emphasizing that too during that meeting I went to a few months back.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Actually, I should be on the list somewhere. It would be pretty rockin' to get in this upcoming year, should there be any truth behind your rumor-mongering. :rockwoot:

I was glancing at the December RB newsletter and they mentioned renewals and whatnot, and seemed pretty militant about getting your fees/renewal forms/etc. in before the end of the month or yer SOL. I remember the board emphasizing that too during that meeting I went to a few months back.

I think most clubs are like that and some carry a hefty initiation fee, too. you could be a member for 20 years and forget your dues and then have to reapply and pay your initiation fee all over again! Speaking of, I have to pay my WSSC dues here this weekend myself or I'll be on the outside looking in.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    The have to do this for a reason. Procrastinators, whiners and all. Gee, you have 90 days to pay up after your notified by mail of renewal time at RB. They can't hold everyone's hand. It's a bargain at twice the price.

Two or three volunteer fellas process 900 some apps each year, not an easy task even if no one drags their feet.

I believe everyone on the wait list got in this year as well.

I just saw some ducks floating down my street. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom