• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Good day out at Red Brush today, thanks to all the guys who make it happen on a regular basis. It was kinda windy, but it toned down after the first stage and the sun really warmed things up. I actually rolled the windows down on the way home because it got too hot/stuffy in the car. :laugh:

I actually enjoyed the house stage, something I don't find myself saying often (if ever).

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Good day out at Red Brush today, thanks to all the guys who make it happen on a regular basis. It was kinda windy, but it toned down after the first stage and the sun really warmed things up. I actually rolled the windows down on the way home because it got too hot/stuffy in the car. :laugh:

I actually enjoyed the house stage, something I don't find myself saying often (if ever).

house was fun...even with a missed target! The new psycho-runner target and drop-leg was incredible cool, too. Nice to get out of doors and shoot...here is to hoping that we get another chance this Saturday at WSSC to do it again!

joncor2577

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Great match Saturday! I shot my best match yet!:ar15:

It was nice that it warmed up in the afternoon. Only bummer was low turnout on the shotgun side match. Only 4 shooters and a good fun course setup by scowens.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Great match Saturday! I shot my best match yet!:ar15:

It was nice that it warmed up in the afternoon. Only bummer was low turnout on the shotgun side match. Only 4 shooters and a good fun course setup by scowens.

I'm ready for some shotgunning...just not sure if my shotgun is ready for shotgunning! LOL I haven't had any luck getting through an entire side-match without some sort of ammo issues. Would probably help if I didn't reload crappy old shotgun shells!

You did great! I had a great start and then tapered off at the end. I'll take a stage win with the mover and call it good :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Did scores get sent out?

Yeah, if nobody else sends you a copy let me know...I have it saved at home and can email you with it.

Also a head's up...with the weather being what it is there is a chance that WSSC will be unable to host our IDPA match for Saturday. EVerybody involved wants to shoot but we will have to check the condition of the field and will post/email an official notification as soon as possible. Here is to hoping the rain holds off!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    If you can shoot me a copy that would be awesome.
    Weird, I don't think I've ever not received them, save for my very first match I think.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Probably just seems that way due to the smaller number of shooters.

On the important side (anything that directly concerns me) Doc sez I can shoot if I want to :rockwoot:

Sweet deal! Of course, I'm wondering if WSSC will cancel. It was kinda moist out earlier today and no idea what the weather's supposed to do tomorrow, not to mention Saturday afternoon/evening. :dunno:

I'll just be glad to be back in the 40's/50's vs. the 1's. :laugh:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Wow, I'm not totally disappointed seeing the RB scores. Looks like I cleaned up some accuracy, but I definitely felt like I was slower in general, which is probably the trade-off at my skill level. Too bad it looks like I won't get a second run with the new m&p at WSSC to compare.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Wow, I'm not totally disappointed seeing the RB scores. Looks like I cleaned up some accuracy, but I definitely felt like I was slower in general, which is probably the trade-off at my skill level. Too bad it looks like I won't get a second run with the new m&p at WSSC to compare.

you shot a great match with a new gun! I think the M&P line agrees with you!

Yeah, I hate to say it but I think it might be a bust tomorrow, too. Jay and Jim are going to try and meet tonight and inspect everything there and see...I want to shoot and I know they do, too but the grounds there might keep us away for another month.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Mixed blessing for me. I wanted to shoot but realized today that I probably should dryfire, livefire and reload some rounds before doing so.

Also need to get some IDPA legal gear for the M&P9.

Looks like I can procrastinate for another month:laugh:

Hah, I was worried about gear too and low and behold, we went on a 1.5 month hiatus. Nice that the 45 holster I made works great with the 9mm, just had to whip together some mag carriers. I think I spent more time laying them out on paper than cutting and finishing. ;)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    just had to whip together some mag carriers.

I need some mag holsters. The mag holsters I've got are geared for USPSA/Multigun, but I modified them to require a "tool" to adjust. Thought I was ready to go until I tried to get them on my IDPA belt- nope. Since my multigun belt is a no-no for IDPA I've got to secure some new mag holsters.

The new rules require that nothing be raised on the face of the mag holster, so I'm looking for whole peice kydex stuff with ample room to fit through my belt.

I'm really glad IDPA isn't an equipment race:):

Top Bottom