• ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Meh, it won't start snowing until 9mm that morning. :D

TJ, you will be shooting in ESP, correct? With magwells and fancy trigger upgrades? I'm trying to work the grit from this m&p, I think it's the firing pin safety.. Either burrs in the plunger hole or the plunger itself needs some rounding off. Been dryfiring quite a bit to see if it will work out some.

9mm in the morning? What do YOU have on your mind? LOL I'm with you man!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Meh, it won't start snowing until 9mm that morning. :D

TJ, you will be shooting in ESP, correct? With magwells and fancy trigger upgrades? I'm trying to work the grit from this m&p, I think it's the firing pin safety.. Either burrs in the plunger hole or the plunger itself needs some rounding off. Been dryfiring quite a bit to see if it will work out some.

9mm:):

I plan to run my M&P9 in ESP.I've got a SS magwell on it (and basepads), a reduced slide spring and an Apex striker block kit in it. The grit you are feeling is indeed the striker block plunger. Bad news- it won't go away by firing/dryfiring. Good news, you can drop an Apex in it or take it out and polish it yourself. Makes a world of difference. My M&P45 and my wife's Shield both feel like they are being drug across gravel on the trigger pull.

My M&P22 has the best trigger of them out of the box:laugh:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    9mm:):

I plan to run my M&P9 in ESP.I've got a SS magwell on it (and basepads), a reduced slide spring and an Apex striker block kit in it. The grit you are feeling is indeed the striker block plunger. Bad news- it won't go away by firing/dryfiring. Good news, you can drop an Apex in it or take it out and polish it yourself. Makes a world of difference. My M&P45 and my wife's Shield both feel like they are being drug across gravel on the trigger pull.

My M&P22 has the best trigger of them out of the box:laugh:
    Kinda crazy how that works from gun to gun. My 45 doesn't have the issue, so I never knew what people meant by bad/gritty until now.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    From from the desk of Steve O!

Well folks, this is the last IDPA Match for this year! Wow, where did the year go? Round count should be no more than 100. New shooter's meeting at 09:30AM CST and match starts at 10:00. Of course, if you could come out early and help set up, that would help us tremendously.
    Also, there will be a carbine side match. 16 rounds. Please no steel core bullets - these tear up our steel.

Hope to see you there,
    Steve

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    From from the desk of Steve O!

Well folks, this is the last IDPA Match for this year! Wow, where did the year go? Round count should be no more than 100. New shooter's meeting at 09:30AM CST and match starts at 10:00. Of course, if you could come out early and help set up, that would help us tremendously.
    Also, there will be a carbine side match. 16 rounds. Please no steel core bullets - these tear up our steel.

Hope to see you there,
    Steve

Best of luck to the bold and brave Saturday!
    14 news says high of 22 & 10-20 mph wind right now, I shall be home with a cup of coffee in hand. Might be a lot of fun to bundle up & play on the atv later in the day though.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    22 degrees I can handle with a little wind. Winds blowing 20 is going to be brutal.

Some major match info:

S&W Indoor nats registration opens Saturday.

Music City Tactical Shooters will be holding their normal Music City Cup match next year along with a new match- Ranier Ballistics Invitational (or some title close to that)

Gossip has it that Manchester will be holding the Southern Regional and Summer Sizzler. Not sure if any club is going to pick up TN state or if Manchester will try to grab it again.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Man, when I left work last night at ~8PM I thought i was going to freeze to death trying to get my car door open, as the ice had sealed the driver-side door shut. The windshield cleaned fairly easily, but the wind cut right thru the layers I was wearing, not to mention the building I work in is probably at least 10-15F colder inside than outside, so I had that going for me for the previous 12-hours. :rolleyes:

As bad as I want to shoot and test some ammo, I might be inclined to take Jeff's lead and stay home with a nice cup o' coffee. Guess I'll have to see how 8AM looks and/or how much I'm jonesing. :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Man, when I left work last night at ~8PM I thought i was going to freeze to death trying to get my car door open, as the ice had sealed the driver-side door shut. The windshield cleaned fairly easily, but the wind cut right thru the layers I was wearing, not to mention the building I work in is probably at least 10-15F colder inside than outside, so I had that going for me for the previous 12-hours. :rolleyes:

As bad as I want to shoot and test some ammo, I might be inclined to take Jeff's lead and stay home with a nice cup o' coffee. Guess I'll have to see how 8AM looks and/or how much I'm jonesing. :laugh:

I am with you in jonesing to shoot! Looks like we will have to hope for clear weather for WSSC. agh!!!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I always feel that way lol the result may be the same but I prefer somebody else making that call....I want to shoot but I knew it would take a miracle to pull it off on a day like today.

Now today might not have been too bad for a shoot. For the short time I was out and about in the afternoon/evening, it felt pretty decent, even when I went out without a coat for a bit. (Not much wind at the time)

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Now today might not have been too bad for a shoot. For the short time I was out and about in the afternoon/evening, it felt pretty decent, even when I went out without a coat for a bit. (Not much wind at the time)

But you weren't at Red Brush. Different weather rules apply there. :)

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Thought the same thing when it was time to walk the dogs and do a chore or two.
    When I looked at the weather at set up time Sat (actually got up late so more like 7:15) , it was low 2 digit with a wind chill of the high 1 digit variety , indoor was happy happy!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Hopefully weather will cooperate for WSSC... I don't think I can go over a month without a match.. I mean it is nice saving all that ammo but that sort of defeats the purpose of having all that ammo if you can't shoot it!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Email from Jay for WSSC match:

Hello Shooters,
    West Side Sportsman's Club will be holding our monthly IDPA Match on
    Saturday, December 9th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter orientation
    at 10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM.

We will have 6 Courses of Fire, and there will be a minimum round count
    of about 70. The cost will be $10.00 per weapon. Feel free to contact me
    or go to the IDPA website for the rules. http://www.idpa.com/

A lunch will be available for $5.00. The lunch will be ready about
    1:00pm. Shooters can eat at their leisure.

WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am.

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs property.

I hope to see everyone on Saturday.

Thanks,
    Jay

Doubt I'll make this one- still got tags to fill.

Top Bottom