• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Still don't know who will be match director 11/2 but somebody else stepped up and it won't be Scowens (family stuff) or the regular guy (music city stuff:)) or me (music city stuff and basic incompetency).

I'm guessing that whoever was nice enough to fill in would likely very much appreciate any and all help with set up and tear down and running the match. Set up might be particularly sparse. Match work is fun when several good folks pitch in and can be the opposite of fun when help is sparse. Might not be any issues, I'm a worrier by nature.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Still don't know who will be match director 11/2 but somebody else stepped up and it won't be Scowens (family stuff) or the regular guy (music city stuff:)) or me (music city stuff and basic incompetency).

I'm guessing that whoever was nice enough to fill in would likely very much appreciate any and all help with set up and tear down and running the match. Set up might be particularly sparse. Match work is fun when several good folks pitch in and can be the opposite of fun when help is sparse. Might not be any issues, I'm a worrier by nature.

:+1: on all counts. Glad to hear ya'll will be at the CUP!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Guess we could get together w/Looney and do our own impromptu shoot on one of the open bays, if no one was interested in all that classifier bidness. :dunno:

LOL I'd be up for a classifier but I don't want to be there past our normal end time for a regular match. Big Man and the Mrs are going to be in town waiting on me and it's not wise to keep Batman waiting. :D

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I guess I should really classify some day. But the EPIC 18hr classifier at RB really puts me off...still. :)
    I wasn't able to make WSSC's "make an appointment" classifier.

Someone else is going to have to cough up memberships at RB.
    They have a funny way of showing their displeasure of members that bring more than two guests. Even on IDPA days. :shoot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I guess I should really classify some day. But the EPIC 18hr classifier at RB really puts me off...still. :)
    I wasn't able to make WSSC's "make an appointment" classifier.

Someone else is going to have to cough up memberships at RB.
    They have a funny way of showing their displeasure of members that bring more than two guests. Even on IDPA days. :shoot:

the WSSC Classifier By Appointment is the way to go! :D Even with me working it from set up to finish it was still quicker than any other classifier i've shot! LOL

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Maybe with it being colder out, might keep a few peeps at home, assuming it's still planned.

Thinking back, the frigid classifier back in March didn't take too long did it? Of course we were all freezing our butts off, so that definitely had something to do with it, along with half the amount of shooters we had at the marathon match.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Maybe with it being colder out, might keep a few peeps at home, assuming it's still planned.

Thinking back, the frigid classifier back in March didn't take too long did it? Of course we were all freezing our butts off, so that definitely had something to do with it, along with half the amount of shooters we had at the marathon match.

LOL Yeah, when the snowflakes start dropping so does the amount of time Classifiers take! LOL I just want to shoot, even with 10 stages at the Kolonel Saturday that wasn't enough! If they do still have the Classifier I might do an ESP run just to get more time in with the G34. I don't want to up my SSP my accident, you know LOL

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    LOL Yeah, when the snowflakes start dropping so does the amount of time Classifiers take! LOL I just want to shoot, even with 10 stages at the Kolonel Saturday that wasn't enough! If they do still have the Classifier I might do an ESP run just to get more time in with the G34. I don't want to up my SSP my accident, you know LOL

Ditto, I think I am having withdrawals. Would like to run the new G17 at a classifier in SSP.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    You know, I'd almost like to pick up a G19 or 34, but think I'd be doing myself a disservice by not getting a M&P9 first/instead, as I'm already somewhat familiar with the platform. But then again, I'd probably be better off spending the cash on a timer and whatever else would be good in the vein of training/practice equipment.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You know, I'd almost like to pick up a G19 or 34, but think I'd be doing myself a disservice by not getting a M&P9 first/instead, as I'm already somewhat familiar with the platform. But then again, I'd probably be better off spending the cash on a timer and whatever else would be good in the vein of training/practice equipment.

If you ever want to run an M&P9 let me know and you are more than welcome to run mine. All you have to do is provide the ammo and I can hook you up with gun, mags and all the rest.

I wouldn't ever want to talk somebody out of a 19 or a 34 but since you already have the M&P45 the M&P9 does make a lot of sense. I will say that the M&P9c is a helluva little gun and just a shade smaller than the 19.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    If you ever want to run an M&P9 let me know and you are more than welcome to run mine. All you have to do is provide the ammo and I can hook you up with gun, mags and all the rest.

I wouldn't ever want to talk somebody out of a 19 or a 34 but since you already have the M&P45 the M&P9 does make a lot of sense. I will say that the M&P9c is a helluva little gun and just a shade smaller than the 19.

You know, I might take you up on that at RB. Maybe take a shot at SSP again, I'd hate to accidentally bump myself into sharpshooter and be way outclassed. :laugh:

I did read up on some interesting tips for the single-hand shots as well as stage 3 stuff that I think I understand better now that might help.

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You know, I might take you up on that at RB. Maybe take a shot at SSP again, I'd hate to accidentally bump myself into sharpshooter and be way outclassed. :laugh:

I did read up on some interesting tips for the single-hand shots as well as stage 3 stuff that I think I understand better now that might help.

Just say the word and I will bring it. I hope they announce if the RB match will be a classifier or standard match... It could influence what I decide to shoot then.

I am am interested I hearing of this 'tips' that you speak of :D

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Just say the word and I will bring it. I hope they announce if the RB match will be a classifier or standard match... It could influence what I decide to shoot then.

I am am interested I hearing of this 'tips' that you speak of :D

Well, most of this is pretty basic concepts I think, maybe even remedial for you guys who have quite a bit of experience and classifier runs under your belt, but I'm more than happy to share. Jump down to the tips section.
    Tips for Shooting the IDPA Classifier Match

Again, after blowing the wedding stage and really putting some hard thought into what I did wrong and the repercussions of said "flubs", a few of these tips are super relevant. Looking at my score off that stage, I had 6 FTNs and five of those were misses w/one down-3. I think my raw was like 27.xx, adding in the penalties of 30s+14s(-28), leaves for a pretty awful score. :laugh:

A lot of it for me basically has to do with slowing WAY down. I think my raw times aren't too bad, as long as I get those down-0 or 1's and don't chase stuff (like the times at the end of a CoF you always tell me "don't do it!").

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A lot of it for me basically has to do with slowing WAY down.

Me too. Sometimes what feels like slowing way down takes a whole 0.1 or 0.2 seconds per shot, but it is hard to make yourself take that tiny bit of extra time. Others talk about shooting according to what you need to see & I think that is the trick, making yourself see a good & stable sight picture as needed, but it is hard.

I'm thinking that maybe I need to back off practice for IDPA specific stuff & spend more time on fundamentals. Dry fire & shooting plate racks or tin cans or any other reactive targets with focus only on hitting and not on time.

Other thing is that shooting with warp speed folks like DD & TJ & etc creates a sense of time pressure that is a bad thing. These people are evil!!

Top Bottom