• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Agreed! the 1 per bites BIG TIME but we have enough trained individuals around where it would take a very special occasion for their not to be at least 2 or 3 people per squad that could easily run it and give a break here or there.

Maybe. Matt V & Scott H. & maybe little Don & Chuck Z. & Kim N. have all shifted a bit based upon attendance or conversation, from regulars to every so ofteners. Don't know what those folks plans are or how many of them retested but the herd could look really thin soon for 4 squads at RB. WSSC running 2 or 3 squads looks to be in good shape.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Maybe. Matt V & Scott H. & maybe little Don & Chuck Z. & Kim N. have all shifted a bit based upon attendance or conversation, from regulars to every so ofteners. Don't know what those folks plans are or how many of them retested but the herd could look really thin soon for 4 squads at RB. WSSC running 2 or 3 squads looks to be in good shape.

Their absence certainly does thin it down at RB. Thankfully you don't have to be certified to SO at a local (does help to be mentally certifiable though).

Then there's dudes like me that have been sparce at RB this year because of being at other matches (next available RB for me is December).

Then, there's the weather:laugh:

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Nice sit down dinner with the family last night, loaded up some rounds, some hot tub time to help the back, good night sleep.
    Got a ride so don't have to drive....Bring on the Kolonel!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Nice sit down dinner with the family last night, loaded up some rounds, some hot tub time to help the back, good night sleep.
    Got a ride so don't have to drive....Bring on the Kolonel!

I took today off and got to send I with Big Man on his field trip to May's Farm. Corn maze, hay castle and then a trip to play on a playground after lunch :D not a bad way to spend a Friday before my first major match!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I think I've found a flaw in my training regime- an absence of reload practice from low cover. Nationals had a lot of low cover and half the stages at the Kolonel had low cover. I can't remember "hitting" any reload right from low cover yesterday. Gonna add that in with hopes of reducing the suckage, and also try finding a smoother way of getting into low cover.

Just offering this up in case anyone had problems. Don't know if ESP/SSP guys had much reloading happening from low. Pretty sure the CDP guys had to do a bit of it.

Probably didn't help that a drenched t-shirt was hanging over my clips either:laugh: Don't know how I managed to do it, but I've got a nasty cut on my right leg. This is odd, as this is the leg I keep up.:dunno: There's just some things only I can accomplish:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think I've found a flaw in my training regime- an absence of reload practice from low cover. Nationals had a lot of low cover and half the stages at the Kolonel had low cover. I can't remember "hitting" any reload right from low cover yesterday. Gonna add that in with hopes of reducing the suckage, and also try finding a smoother way of getting into low cover.

Just offering this up in case anyone had problems. Don't know if ESP/SSP guys had much reloading happening from low. Pretty sure the CDP guys had to do a bit of it.

Probably didn't help that a drenched t-shirt was hanging over my clips either:laugh: Don't know how I managed to do it, but I've got a nasty cut on my right leg. This is odd, as this is the leg I keep up.:dunno: There's just some things only I can accomplish:laugh:

I think I did ok with my reloading from low cover and there was definitely enough if it to go around lol

i don't know if it was from lack of sleep or what but the pace everybody was going I never really felt like I had a chance to play a stage over in my head enough to get a good sense of how I wanted to shoot it. There was a bit of just being new to stuff like this and being a bit overwhelmed by it all, too.

My encouragement for myself is that I didn't shoot my best at all and I still finished near the top and put in a better score than some master class shooters :D I feel encouraged to know that I didn't do my best but was within shouting distance of a great finish up until the very last. MAN this was good!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Got on my knee today and tried some new techniques out. When I watched the process closely, I realized that I'm not turning my muzzle nearly as much as I thought was. So, I'm formulating reloading from both right and left leg down techniques. It's going well. Really should have discovered this earlier, but that's the thing about a loss. When you win, you don't really think of "what can I change." When you loose, it's very apparent. The road to improvement comes at a cost, but pays in the end.

i don't know if it was from lack of sleep or what but the pace everybody was going I never really felt like I had a chance to play a stage over in my head enough to get a good sense of how I wanted to shoot it. There was a bit of just being new to stuff like this and being a bit overwhelmed by it all, too.

My encouragement for myself is that I didn't shoot my best at all and I still finished near the top and put in a better score than some master class shooters :D I feel encouraged to know that I didn't do my best but was within shouting distance of a great finish up until the very last. MAN this was good!

Thankfully the Kolonel didn't have any bay with two stages. I've been to some matches where there are two COFs in a bay and you do the walk-through on the both at the same time. The US Nationals was set-up that way in every single bay. Gotta catch on quick LOL

Speaking of EX beating MA...rumor has it that the kid that beat all the ESR EX as well as me and Gary at the Kolonel will get "special dispensation" for a bump to EX. I think this is a great thing, he certainly earned it. IDPA knows that some folks just simply don't shoot the classifier well (and that others sandbag) and they provide a means for those folks to class up through bumps. In revo, there's never enough to do that, so if Leigh Anne and Joe (Indiana Area Coordinator) go for it I applaud them for the effort. Hope it works out for the kid.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Got on my knee today and tried some new techniques out. When I watched the process closely, I realized that I'm not turning my muzzle nearly as much as I thought was. So, I'm formulating reloading from both right and left leg down techniques. It's going well. Really should have discovered this earlier, but that's the thing about a loss. When you win, you don't really think of "what can I change." When you loose, it's very apparent. The road to improvement comes at a cost, but pays in the end.

Thankfully the Kolonel didn't have any bay with two stages. I've been to some matches where there are two COFs in a bay and you do the walk-through on the both at the same time. The US Nationals was set-up that way in every single bay. Gotta catch on quick LOL

Speaking of EX beating MA...rumor has it that the kid that beat all the ESR EX as well as me and Gary at the Kolonel will get "special dispensation" for a bump to EX. I think this is a great thing, he certainly earned it. IDPA knows that some folks just simply don't shoot the classifier well (and that others sandbag) and they provide a means for those folks to class up through bumps. In revo, there's never enough to do that, so if Leigh Anne and Joe (Indiana Area Coordinator) go for it I applaud them for the effort. Hope it works out for the kid.

Good for him! I hope they do it!

And I am so ready for another match!!!! C'mon Red Brush!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I have to ask... does anyone have an idea of what Red Brush's IDPA match is going to be or even look like come Nov 2nd? I know several will be gone to Tennessee that day and if Steve O is on vacation who is making the match calls about COF or set up? Is it going to be a Classifier match?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I have to ask... does anyone have an idea of what Red Brush's IDPA match is going to be or even look like come Nov 2nd? I know several will be gone to Tennessee that day and if Steve O is on vacation who is making the match calls about COF or set up? Is it going to be a Classifier match?

You didn't get the memo??? Unbelievable! You're the MD for the November match!!!!

Sounds like a lot of drama. You should probably just bail and shoot the Cup;)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Question: How do you "know" several will be gone to TN? So far as I know, I'm the only confirmed.

By the way, just got the email for the GA State Match this Sat. 250 shooters, 14 courses of fire and a platerack sidematch if you desire. Gonna be a marathon!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Question: How do you "know" several will be gone to TN? So far as I know, I'm the only confirmed.

By the way, just got the email for the GA State Match this Sat. 250 shooters, 14 courses of fire and a platerack sidematch if you desire. Gonna be a marathon!

I guess the proper term should have been 'I know several are talking about attending...' or at least that was a bit of the talk a few days ago. I assumed that most were on the high from the Kolonel and were heading South :D

I just hope it isn't a Classifier..if it is I'll probably go but I am leaving at 2 or 3 regardless LOL

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    This month was supposed to be classifier, I was thinking I read or someone mentioned pushing it to November's run. I might have dreamed that for all I know. I'd like to shoot, not overly worried about classifying specifically, maybe rustle up some titegroup ammo and chrono it.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I guess the proper term should have been 'I know several are talking about attending...' or at least that was a bit of the talk a few days ago. I assumed that most were on the high from the Kolonel and were heading South :D

I couldn't swing the Music City Cup, but then will be in town for RB. I've been waiting to try unning the Glock... A classifier seems a crazy place to start but... Why not?

Top Bottom