• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Me too. Sometimes what feels like slowing way down takes a whole 0.1 or 0.2 seconds per shot, but it is hard to make yourself take that tiny bit of extra time. Others talk about shooting according to what you need to see & I think that is the trick, making yourself see a good & stable sight picture as needed, but it is hard.

I'm thinking that maybe I need to back off practice for IDPA specific stuff & spend more time on fundamentals. Dry fire & shooting plate racks or tin cans or any other reactive targets with focus only on hitting and not on time.

Other thing is that shooting with warp speed folks like DD & TJ & etc creates a sense of time pressure that is a bad thing. These people are evil!!

I concur with everything you just said, doctor.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    It took the last classifier to really show me how much difference taking a small bit off of the speed during those 15 yard + shots could make for the good.

Yeah, that's one of the points they hit home about on that page I linked, saying stage 3 is really a bullseye match disguised as a idpa cof. :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yeah, that's one of the points they hit home about on that page I linked, saying stage 3 is really a bullseye match disguised as a idpa cof. :laugh:

It helped that I shot 2 Classifiers back to back and I was able to try something different and compare the results. The slightly slower always looking for the front sight run was better than the faster step on the gas stage lol

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So somebody has to spill the beans about Saturday! I gotta know what to pack :D is it a classifier or a standard match? Or are we going to have to wait until we get there to find out? lol

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Took a hit at the Kolonel, but I'm back! :rockwoot:Impressive how much you learn from losses over wins:) This was a TOUGH match, 14 stages with no COFs having round counts lower than 15, NTs in abundance (I managed to hit 3) 25 yard clothesline moving targts (with NTs inbetween). No FTNs for me, but I did pick up a procedural for a moving reload. 3 seconds hurts, but man did it feel good to do:laugh: Good time! Incredible facility. Them Jowjah boys know how to do some IDPA. Great prep for the Cup.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It's the first trophy I've seen like that- some kind of marble or stone with lazer engraving. No holes on the back to hang it on the wall though. I think I might use it for a drink coaster.

HA! They should have at least cut it with a notch and provided a wooden base to set it on. But, that does look really good! I'm itching for another match. I can't decide if I want to take a bit of a break and run some of my other stuff for a while or stick with the 34. I'll need some 9mm bullets but I have about 400 rounds left and that could get me through the next couple of months if I don't hit the range for lots of high-round-count practice LOL I'm dying to shoot my .45 but I don't want to lose my SSP mojo LOL

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Took a hit at the Kolonel, but I'm back! :rockwoot:Impressive how much you learn from losses over wins:) This was a TOUGH match, 14 stages with no COFs having round counts lower than 15, NTs in abundance (I managed to hit 3) 25 yard clothesline moving targts (with NTs inbetween). No FTNs for me, but I did pick up a procedural for a moving reload. 3 seconds hurts, but man did it feel good to do:laugh: Good time! Incredible facility. Them Jowjah boys know how to do some IDPA. Great prep for the Cup.

Well done sir, congratulations!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    It's the first trophy I've seen like that- some kind of marble or stone with lazer engraving. No holes on the back to hang it on the wall though. I think I might use it for a drink coaster.
    Nice trophy indeed. I was wondering if that was real marble.
    HA! They should have at least cut it with a notch and provided a wooden base to set it on. But, that does look really good! I'm itching for another match. I can't decide if I want to take a bit of a break and run some of my other stuff for a while or stick with the 34. I'll need some 9mm bullets but I have about 400 rounds left and that could get me through the next couple of months if I don't hit the range for lots of high-round-count practice LOL I'm dying to shoot my .45 but I don't want to lose my SSP mojo LOL

Don't do it! You mess yourself all up!
    But in all honesty, might be a good time to break the other calibers out, assuming you're done for this year with majors and all until spring or whatever.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Nice trophy indeed. I was wondering if that was real marble.

Don't do it! You mess yourself all up!
    But in all honesty, might be a good time to break the other calibers out, assuming you're done for this year with majors and all until spring or whatever.

That was sort of my thinking. I'm getting a shade low on 9mm and while I have enough to last for a bit, I do have about 800 rounds of .45 loaded up and another 1000 ready to be loaded. I think a bit of .45 ACP action might be in order. I do want to get new sights for the G21; I like the sights I changed to on the 34 enough to pick up a set for the 21; who knows maybe that will push me through to EX...or I should just wait and hit another Major as CDP SS :D

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    RMR just lowered their prices.

I ordered the anniversary gift finally. Got me a chrony and a drag bag! Now what to get the wife. Lol

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    So...following up on the Kolonel, you may recall me whining about several instances of the pistol failing to go to slide lock. It had happened to me in the past, most frequently when I would switch between the xd and the 1911 and caused by riding the slide release with the strong hand thumb. I was confident I had practiced that booboo out of existence but at the Kolonol, no slide lock.

Have been practicing a lot since then and now realize that I am NOT riding the slide release with the strong hand thumb. No, I've introduced an entirely new booboo. I am now gripping the pistol very high & forward with my support hand and pinching hard so that my palm is contacting the slide release and, tada, no slide lock.
    Good news is problem identified.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So...following up on the Kolonel, you may recall me whining about several instances of the pistol failing to go to slide lock. It had happened to me in the past, most frequently when I would switch between the xd and the 1911 and caused by riding the slide release with the strong hand thumb. I was confident I had practiced that booboo out of existence but at the Kolonol, no slide lock.

Have been practicing a lot since then and now realize that I am NOT riding the slide release with the strong hand thumb. No, I've introduced an entirely new booboo. I am now gripping the pistol very high & forward with my support hand and pinching hard so that my palm is contacting the slide release and, tada, no slide lock.
    Good news is problem identified.

I would say to just take it out and train thyself to rack the slide, but oddly it is now against the IDPA rules to do such a thing and I'm not quite sure why.

Top Bottom