• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Probably not an issue for bottom feeders as you hardly ever have to reload, but I'm in the habit of taking the left knee down for reloading. With the left knee up the muzzle comes real close.

The usual advice is to take the right knee down to the side of cover, thus making it not obvious to the SO if you are in or out.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Probably not an issue for bottom feeders as you hardly ever have to reload, but I'm in the habit of taking the left knee down for reloading. With the left knee up the muzzle comes real close.

The usual advice is to take the right knee down to the side of cover, thus making it not obvious to the SO if you are in or out.

I can see that helping matters in the case of cover.

I can see why people shoot USPSA :D it's not because of cover garments, higher round counts or snazzy shirts...it's because of the cover calls LOL

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Love this pic. The reload is completed and if you look in the upper part of the pic, you can see brass is still flying. Coolness. I hit that reload dead-on, fast, clean, awesome......no one was more surprised about it than me:laugh: The pic is showing me wondering why in the world the slide hasn't gone forward:lmfao:

I'm mainly posting this one for Jeff, just to ease his mind that I'm not always a dangerous coonfingerer on the range:D This was following a double tap on the steel, which I planned to do, then reload and nail the mover....almost worked:laugh: The smile on my face says it all, I'm going to enjoy some bottom feeder next year:rockwoot:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Jeff, these shots was taken with a 40...and I liked it. Tell everyone that at least one other person in the world doesn't find the round odd:laugh:

Probably would have felt different if it was a Glock or just not shot it all (yeah, that's for YOU Mike!:laugh:)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Jeff, these shots was taken with a 40...and I liked it. Tell everyone that at least one other person in the world doesn't find the round odd:laugh:

Probably would have felt different if it was a Glock or just not shot it all (yeah, that's for YOU Mike!:laugh:)

LOL

I will say that of all the pistols I've used, the M&P will auto-forward easier than any other gun I've owned/shot. it is almost effortless with it and I can't duplicate it with my Glock so I don't even worry about it. That and I will eventually get some 1911 action going again and it is best I just keep with the same technique I've used for a while.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    My M&P9 was the first bottom loader I've owned. I ran it in a couple of matches a while back, then got serious about ESR. Match, practice or dryfire it has never, not once, failed to autoforward.

My M&P22 won't do it and I don't know if the M&P45 will or not.

I should probably practice hitting that slidy-thing just for times like last Saturday.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My M&P9 was the first bottom loader I've owned. I ran it in a couple of matches a while back, then got serious about ESR. Match, practice or dryfire it has never, not once, failed to autoforward.

My M&P22 won't do it and I don't know if the M&P45 will or not.

I should probably practice hitting that slidy-thing just for times like last Saturday.

LOL My M&P9 will do it just by giving it a hard look, it is almost too easily done there and the M&P45 is a close 2nd.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I have a question. Couldn't find the answer in the online rule book. Is the use of speedloaders allowed in the SSR category?

Most definitely yes! Any speedloader can be used, but most guys seem to stick with Safariland or Jets.

You can also use speedloaders in ESR if your round makes a power factor of 165 or better.

Always good to have another wheelgunner around.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just putting this up here if anyone is interested.

We've got an SO class going on November 9th from 8-6 (7-5 our time) at Bud's Gun Warehouse and Indoor Range in Lexington, KY.

If you're interested, I can get you in touch with the main SOI. There's some prerequisites for the attending the class, namely that you must have shot at least 6 IDPA matches and have a club MD to sign off on your application who will continue your mentoring as an SO. The SOI will likely sponsor you if you wish, but you'll need to attend one match under him as an SO before your application will be sent in. You'd probably also be asked to SO at least two matches a year at Bluegrass in Wilmore, KY if you went that route. You'll also need to pass the online SO test before taking the class.

With the advent of the new rulebook and so forth, Safety Officer Instructors were thinned down quite a bit. I "think" Scott at RB is still a Safety Officer Instructor, so he might have classes closer in the future planned. Probably best to ask him at the next match if your interested in a closer option.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just putting this up here if anyone is interested.

We've got an SO class going on November 9th from 8-6 (7-5 our time) at Bud's Gun Warehouse and Indoor Range in Lexington, KY.

If you're interested, I can get you in touch with the main SOI. There's some prerequisites for the attending the class, namely that you must have shot at least 6 IDPA matches and have a club MD to sign off on your application who will continue your mentoring as an SO. The SOI will likely sponsor you if you wish, but you'll need to attend one match under him as an SO before your application will be sent in. You'd probably also be asked to SO at least two matches a year at Bluegrass in Wilmore, KY if you went that route. You'll also need to pass the online SO test before taking the class.

With the advent of the new rulebook and so forth, Safety Officer Instructors were thinned down quite a bit. I "think" Scott at RB is still a Safety Officer Instructor, so he might have classes closer in the future planned. Probably best to ask him at the next match if your interested in a closer option.

The more SO's the better!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    3 (or more) per squad and everyone has fun, 2 per squad and it ain't bad, 1 per squad bites the big one. In my opinion.

Agreed! the 1 per bites BIG TIME but we have enough trained individuals around where it would take a very special occasion for their not to be at least 2 or 3 people per squad that could easily run it and give a break here or there.

Top Bottom